I am the only one who wants the 27Mbps version of this?FWA119S_v2.61+25Mbps+Sharp32+Edge168+DICE.bin
Comparisons from A129 & A119S indicate higher enhancement is possible with very little 'halo'. Tuning the Sharpness data table now to reduce 'halo' but not finished.
Require more MOD Squad testing on next increment, you can handle all future 27Mbps flavors FWA119S_v2.61+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin
I include the extreme Edge228 for owners not interested in realistic but crash evidence detail. (PM me for specialized MODs)

I would very much like to see it being available too :D
Last 'marketing' video skipped your name in Acknowledgement credits for The MOD Squad, promise to include you next time (y)

Last 'marketing' video skipped your name in Acknowledgement credits for The MOD Squad, promise to include you next time (y)

No worries, will test out the 27/34/178 tomorrow and upload it, cant wait to see the results :D

Quick TIP to The MOD Squad. Copy & Save all MOD Firmware files to root of microSD card, then simply Copy selected MOD, Paste & Rename to FWA119S.bin for Flash Update.
All MODs starting with FWA119S_MOD-07_v2.61+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin (which is now available in (( Custom MODs )) folder)
will display MOD details in MENU > Firmware Version setting, more cryptic coded MOD-ID is embedded within each MP4 recorded clip.
A119S-MOD-Version-ID.JPG
A119S-embedded-MOD-ID.JPG

A119S-MOD-Squad-microSD-card-binary-file-archive.JPG

Rolled, forgot which MOD
1983157af40c1d35a294fbe225c55884.gif
1127af8a73c62a9acf8a568b1dcc7241.gif

The lens is not original, horizon 120°
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j1f7HSLY_QcgWXSDVK4BM-oK0EDJ5UTj
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dHeemVsomeLNAyn2QReBrpbB7zPGd8Ka
Безымянный3333.png
119S-noon.png

119S-evening.png

Last edited:
Here are a couple of daytime RAW clips of MOD-07 v2.61 + 27Mbps + Sharp34 + Edge178

For consistency in comparing FW clips with others here, I've turned WDR off. Settings are 1080p@60fps + EV 0 + WDR off + No CPL + Frequency 60Hz.

Fresh from the car wash to keep the windows spotless! :cool:

Clean stretch of road, not a lot of traffic, but the weather is ideal. Lighting is good, buildings are crisp, and you can easily read license plates, signs, and things towards the sides in the distance. Once you download it, pause the video at any time and you can pick up good detail.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5x2peu7b9kb8fu/2018_0819_135005_012.MP4?dl=0

This is the next clip after the first one. I wanted to get more trees and difficult lighting conditions. A lot of trees overhanging the roads throughout on both sides, light peering through leaves, lots of shadows, etc. This residential area apparently punished the camera. The file size of this 3 minute clip jumped to 927MB and the bitrate reached 42.5Mbps. Again though, picture looks good. Pause any time and have a look at the detail of the foliage. There was a slight hiccup at the beginning of the clip where there was some frame stutter. It was the only occurrence on any of the clips, not sure what could have caused it. But this is the only clip that almost reached 1GB at 42.5Mbps, so that might have been a factor. I might drive through this area at night and see if it struggles. There's not much street lights and most of it gets covered by trees.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt4qew2j6e1psbu/2018_0819_135305_013.MP4?dl=0

Also, if anyone feels like translating the music feel free. Spotify recommendations must have been trolling me. It was tossing me curve balls with German? stuff.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of daytime RAW clips of MOD-07 v2.61 + 27Mbps + Sharp34 + Edge178

For consistency in comparing FW clips with others here, I've turned WDR off. Settings are 1080p@60fps + EV 0 + WDR off + No CPL + Frequency 60Hz.

Fresh from the car wash to keep the windows spotless! :cool:

Clean stretch of road, not a lot of traffic, but the weather is ideal. Lighting is good, buildings are crisp, and you can easily read license plates, signs, and things towards the sides in the distance. Once you download it, pause the video at any time and you can pick up good detail.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5x2peu7b9kb8fu/2018_0819_135005_012.MP4?dl=0

This is the next clip after the first one. I wanted to get more trees and difficult lighting conditions. A lot of trees overhanging the roads throughout on both sides, light peering through leaves, lots of shadows, etc. This residential area apparently punished the camera. The file size of this 3 minute clip jumped to 927MB and the bitrate reached 42.5Mbps. Again though, picture looks good. Pause any time and have a look at the detail of the foliage. There was a slight hiccup at the beginning of the clip where there was some frame stutter. It was the only occurrence on any of the clips, not sure what could have caused it. But this is the only clip that almost reached 1GB at 42.5Mbps, so that might have been a factor. I might drive through this area at night and see if it struggles. There's not much street lights and most of it gets covered by trees.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt4qew2j6e1psbu/2018_0819_135305_013.MP4?dl=0

Also, if anyone feels like translating the music feel free. Spotify recommendations must have been trolling me. It was tossing me curve balls with German? stuff.
one word > Excellent !
Suggest everyone running 26-28Mbps change Looping to 1min clips, less chance of stutter and corruption, plus its faster to Dload RAW clips.
When more MOD-07 footage from A119S + A129 + A119PRO + A119 is available we need to assess if 27Mbps + Sharp34 + Edge178 is the best crisp image quality before further adjustments.
Just tested FWA119S_MOD-06_v2.61+25Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE works fine on 1080P@30fps with Parking Mode.
I see Pembina Hwy hasn't changed much. @Caerus, you snagged ALPHA 27.6Mbps which isn't stable on Parking Mode, normal is 27.1Mbps now online, get the latest version but save the higher one.

Daytime 1 minute RAW clip of MOD-07 v2.61 + 27Mbps + Sharp34 + Edge178
WDR off. Settings are 1080p@60fps + EV 0 + WDR off + With CPL + Frequency 50Hz.

The weather is Dull & Cloudy ( which is normal for UK ! ) with a little rain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mscaur1tdlsm0uj/2018_0820_150446_007.MP4?dl=0

Personally I think this is the BEST detailed image I have got to date, just wish I could adjust the saturation down a little and get a CPL that actually works.

Daytime 1 minute RAW clip of MOD-07 v2.61 + 27Mbps + Sharp34 + Edge178
WDR off. Settings are 1080p@60fps + EV 0 + WDR off + With CPL + Frequency 50Hz.

The weather is Dull & Cloudy ( which is normal for UK ! ) with a little rain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mscaur1tdlsm0uj/2018_0820_150446_007.MP4?dl=0

Personally I think this is the BEST detailed image I have got to date, just wish I could adjust the saturation down a little and get a CPL that actually works.
Agreed, very good object definition, slightly better image than MOD-05, getting close to GoPro crispness. Tuning the Sharpness table 694 individual tedious critical values.

CONFIRMED: using the A119S DVR LCD display at 45 degree alignment works as shown in my video, tried every angle, best was video procedure.
CPL, as you know needs alignment. Try this, I'll do same here:
1) un-clip CPL from DVR but leave in plastic frame.
2) hold CPL looking through from Lens perspective (critical)
3) turn on any LCD panel, smartphone, monitor, tv
4) looking through CPL at screen turn CPL frame 360 degrees on each type of LCD screen until one makes CPL 100% black (critical), IF no screen produces 100% Black the CPL Filter glass may be improperly set in frame.
5) confirm CPL Filter isn't reversed by now looking into the CPL from outside through it at LCD screens, rotate 360 degrees to see if this produces 100% black, it should NOT.
6) if CPL is reversed, remove from frame then flip and reset.
7) there are two possible alignment directions, use the LCD screen which has 90 degree right-angle to CPL 100% black, this is difficult to determine when Filter is not close to correct position already. Many LCD screens use 45degree matrix such as the screen on A119S, others use 90 matrix. You have 50% chance getting it correct first time.
8) if smartphone or tv or DVR screen - rotate CPL frame until 100% black ignore the angle,
now holding plastic frame in one hand, pinch CPL glass between fingers using other hand, idea is to hold glass filter at 100% black,
now rotate the plastic frame until its either 90degrees to LCD screen or 45degrees (50% chance of success on first try)
9) if you selected correct angle, its not obvious but a 0.1 degree misalignment (happens when driving on rough roads) the dash reflections will start to reappear in video. My DIY CPL videos didn't cover this detail.
What I discovered using a smartphone that creates 100% black (not the dark green) its much easier with white background, use corner of LCD screen and align over screen until frame is either 90 or 45degree, try 90 first. When CPL is out as much as the thickness of the sharpie marker on edge of glass it will create slight dash reflections on one side of video.
Test in vehicle and if no improvement repeat procedure but rotate frame 90 or 45 degrees. Once an improvement is found fine tune position until almost no reflection appears, scratch tiny center line on plastic frame using needle matched to lens edge mark.

Not easy to write out directions, just try it and a procedure will appear while adjusting. My TIP#1 - find the 100% black LCD and position and hold glass between finders and rotate the frame. TIP#2 - after alignment and needle frame alignment scratch to marked edge, get small bowel of room temp water and one drop mild dish soap between fingers and gently rub CPL between soapy fingers then rinse in water, let air dry. good luck, adjusting mine now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comprehensive write up BC and I have now ditched the original CPL in favour of a 37mm Hoya Pro CPL which should be a much better quality filter and would result in a better image.
I found the round adapter I purchesed from Aliexpress for a few quid which fitted over the A119s lens perfect with a nice tight fit and it even has the white arrow indicating the right angle.

I just placed a yellow cloth on my dashboard to confirm it is indeed set the the right angle and it's perfect, this should now eliminate the vignetting caused to the corners of the image with the original CPL.

Pics below :
u3kVRjC.jpg

s1nsZQW.jpg

G07voq0.jpg

tp2UkYe.jpg

29G7RHp.jpg

v6vPVY1.jpg

o4QaGSc.jpg

9VnAFKn.jpg

cSxsUkg.jpg

CC8Fa15.jpg

ThzzYC5.jpg

2zqxQpM.jpg

Thanks for the comprehensive write up BC and I have now ditched the original CPL in favour of a 37mm Hoya Pro CPL which should be a much better quality filter and would result in a better image.
I found the round adapter I purchesed from Aliexpress for a few quid which fitted over the A119s lens perfect with a nice tight fit and it even has the white arrow indicating the right angle.

I just placed a yellow cloth on my dashboard to confirm it is indeed set the the right angle and it's perfect, this should now eliminate the vignetting caused to the corners of the image with the original CPL.

Pics below :
u3kVRjC.jpg

s1nsZQW.jpg

G07voq0.jpg

tp2UkYe.jpg

29G7RHp.jpg

v6vPVY1.jpg

o4QaGSc.jpg

9VnAFKn.jpg

cSxsUkg.jpg

CC8Fa15.jpg

ThzzYC5.jpg

2zqxQpM.jpg

thank you for your experience. Could you tell me where the adapter and the CPL filter were bought? thank you!

I purchased the adapter from Ali express many years ago but if you search 37mm slim CPL you should find a suitable one. The Hoya Pro filter can be purchased from any decent camera shop or even E bay.

@Dadi_T
what brand of car do you

My personal car is a Seat Cordoba and the car from my daily job is a Peugeot Boxer like in this picture.

Attachments

• 824143021_3_1080x720_vand-peugeot-boxer-maxi-2015-autoutilitare_rev011.jpg
    824143021_3_1080x720_vand-peugeot-boxer-maxi-2015-autoutilitare_rev011.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 17
I see Pembina Hwy hasn't changed much. @Caerus, you snagged ALPHA 27.6Mbps which isn't stable on Parking Mode, normal is 27.1Mbps now online, get the latest version but save the higher one.

Sure hasn't, it's still endless construction. Just a few of the stores have changed up a bit. Guess I got to test out the new highest bitrate FW! I'll update to the newest 27Mbps.

Back