VIOFO GPS mount

James.R.UstlerIV

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Rexing V1P
Hi,
Silly question perhaps, but since I have no experience with VIOFO dashcams here goes...

How does the GPS mount work with connecting the camera to power? Does the A129 attach directly to the GPS mount and get its power through that, or does the camera get power directly to it, and that is what powers the GPS mount?

Thanks for your time and help.

You can either put power to the GPS mount, then slide the camera onto the mount which will power the camera. Advantage this way is you can slide off and on the camera without having to remove any cables (if you are using the front camera only, if you have the rear camera you will still need to disconnect the rear camera cable). Or you can put power directly into the camera then when you slide it into the mount it will power the GPS mount. Advantage this way is that power is connected directly to the camera which is more reliable, earlier A119 had an issue where the GPS mount connections did not make good contact so the power was not properly transferred through to the camera, although the mount has since been modified and improved. The A129 uses a different mount from the A119 anyway. Since mine is a permanent install I put the power wire directly into the camera to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the scoop! Is there a suction cup mount that connects the GPS mount to the windshield or is it adhesive only?

Awesome - looks like I'll be waiting a while to upgrade. So the suction cup mount would hold the GPS mount to which the A129 unit would attach, right? Looks like I'll be waiting a while to upgrade. Thanks for the information!

Awesome - looks like I'll be waiting a while to upgrade. So the suction cup mount would hold the GPS mount to which the A129 unit would attach, right? Looks like I'll be waiting a while to upgrade. Thanks for the information!

no, the suction cup suits the old model, this model has an updated mount design which is different so the suction cup won't work

Is there a suction cup mount that connects the GPS mount to the windshield or is it adhesive only?

This 3rd party suction cup mount can be used along with the adhesive GPS mount.
(you can take apart and flip around the hinged base to reverse it for other angles as well)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000FGI9R0
61bRuiYpW7L._SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: Mtz
Back