Viofo, let’s go! A229 Pro 3-Channel Dash Camera review (+ Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro shoot-out!)

That's it, depends on your tastes the bigness don't bother me but the A229 Pro is a thick Boi!
The A229 is exactly the same thickness as the Mini :unsure:

A229 is wider, and a little taller, but the same thickness.

We will release a new model called VS1 that may meet part of your desires, stay tuned.
Interesting, very interesting. Looking forward to seeing what this might be. :woot:

Hmm, I missed that posting. :banghead:

I was hoping it would be something like a 2K + 2K, T130 form factor, 2-channel front and rear - no interior camera.
There's hope yet, maybe next year ..

We will release a new model called VS1 that may meet part of your desires, stay tuned.
@VIOFO-Support From what I can see, I am not a fan of the design. The great thing about the wedge style of the A119, A229 etc... is the fact the lens can sit near the glass, and this will eliminate reflections and because it is close to the windscreen, it can be more hidden and you can just flick the lens up or down as required, as the camera pokes its lens out from the bottom and behind the black dot matrix screen near the rear vision mirror. It looks like the VS1 has a rotatable hinge mount but the weight of the camera is on that hinge mount.
How this goes we shall see, but the wedge style will be more hidden/stealthier and less weight than a rotating hinge on the VS1.
Too early too tell.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
There really s a thing in the US as too far west ;)

Depends on if you are measuring in miles or in degrees.
True, but then Peaked Island, AK should qualify on both counts: Seattle, WA to Peaked Island - 2813 miles

Little Diomede to Seattle, WA - 2100 miles

Los Angeles, CA to Honolulu, HI - 2561 miles

True, but then Peaked Island, AK should qualify on both counts: Seattle, WA to Peaked Island - 2813 miles

Little Diomede to Seattle, WA - 2100 miles

Los Angeles, CA to Honolulu, HI - 2561 miles
But that is in the far East, not the far West!

But that is in the far East, not the far West!
Once again you're arguing a point without knowing what you're talking about (as well as trying to change the topic at the same time), and you're wrong in what you're saying.

First, the discussion was about a location being 'too far west', not in the 'Far West'. All the locations mentioned are west of the continental US, thus any of them could be considered 'too far west'. Likewise Seoul, Tokyo, Hanoi, Beijing, and Manila can be considered 'too far west' in relation to the US even if they are in the 'Far East', although that would be outside the scope of the original comments.

Second, there is no universal definition of an area being the 'Far West' as there is for the 'Far East' - https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/where-is-the-far-west.html

For your enlightenment the 'Far East' is defined as: (Source: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/which-are-the-countries-of-the-far-east.html)

Which Countries Are In The Far East?

The following countries are considered to be located in the Far East: China, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Mongolia, Siberia, Taiwan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Malaysia, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.

You'll notice that no North American countries are included in the definition.

Back