volunteer recruiting for 0806 (mini0803pro) camera

More importantly in the near term...does an impending 0803 'pro' mean no more firmware updates for the existing 0803? Mute bug for example still exists...

More importantly in the near term...does an impending 0803 'pro' mean no more firmware updates for the existing 0803? Mute bug for example still exists...

Both models will be ongoing so it will really be up to customer requests what further changes happen

He will post a list with "eligible" testers on Sept. 30

I am interested as well (owner of 803 here) but what do you mean update hardware? As in physical changes?

Updated specification, physically I guess the polariser qualifies as a physical change

Oh that's not bad, as long as it isn't desoldering and resoldering of components.

Oh that's not bad, as long as it isn't desoldering and resoldering of components.
It's a new device you'd be supplied with - no swapping out anything on an existing PCB :)

Interested in testing. Often commute 75km

Thanks for inviting me!
Ready to test :)

dear bros,
Thank you very much for your interest and support, we got a lot of application in past days.
So it is a hard time for our boss now, he have to make the decision.

As it is on National Day holiday here now, let's give him more time to think over.
we will get back to work on Oct.06th, the samples will be ready for shipping before 8th.

Thank you all for your patience。
Sincerely
Rayman @MEGtech

I'm sure your plate of volunteers is full, but I'm one of the fussiest tech writers around, having written over 15 eBooks on digital cameras. Nikon supplies gear to me for review. As does Canon.

This may be of interest to you: I have original software that perfectly flattens the fisheye image. Thus making the picture more understandable and natural for people like judges, juries and casual observers.

Here is an HD video that demonstrates that point.

Last edited:
Interesting, but by removing fisheye effect, you remove also a large border around the picture.
I would prefer to have the full image, even if it is distorted, in order not to miss some important information like traffic lights for example.

Doesn't the Mini0803 do dewarp via the A7 then?

Interesting, but by removing fisheye effect, you remove also a large border around the picture.
I would prefer to have the full image, even if it is distorted, in order not to miss some important information like traffic lights for example.

good for people that want to make home movies I guess, plenty of software around that can do this kind of post processing

Back