Waterproof Camera for Motorhome/RV

Lon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had a 3 channel A139 for sometime now but have never used the rear camera as I don't have a rear window!

I have a 7mt long motohome/ RV and a 10 meter cable from Viofo but I need to get a camera outside some how. I assume I have a few options and would welcome some feedback on what's achievable;
1. An external/ waterproof camera from Viofo - is there such a thing as I can't see anything on the website?
2. An external/ waterproof camera from another manufacturer - it would need to have an MMCX V-Out and be compatible with the A139
3. Use the existing Viofo rear cam and install in a waterproof case. I have a 'go pro' type case but it isn't wide enough to take the camera and connecting cable. Is there any other options out there?

I'm hoping I'm not the first to require this setup but searching the forums hasn't come up with anything yet.

Thanks in advance, Lon

I have a similar situation but instead of using the Viofo A139 I use the A129. I am not aware of such an outdoor viofo model that can connect to the a139. What I did to get a 360 coverage of my RV was to use the viofo on my front windshield and 3 outdoor eufy cameras that come with night vision. They are about 100$a piece but they give me better night vision than any dash cam I could find. A cheaper option that costs 35$/camera (in the US) is wyze v 3. It is outdoor rated. The night vision cameras have to be mounted on the outside since their IR lights do not go through windshields. I have these 3 cameras and the Viofo connected to my phone via WiFi so I can see all 4 of them at once using an app called Birds ai view. My phone records the video stream of the camera and sends me notifications when a person gets too close to my rig. I can also trigger alarms or have it turn on the radio on person detection with this app. I got it on Google app store for free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free. I looked for waterproof enclosures in the past and all the ones I found were too large to be practical or/and their price did not make sense for my use case when compared to some of these waterproof cameras like the Wyze v3.

Last edited:
I have a similar situation but instead of using the Viofo A139 I use the A129. I am not aware of such an outdoor viofo model that can connect to the a139. What I did to get a 360 coverage of my RV was to use the viofo on my front windshield and 3 outdoor eufy cameras that come with night vision. They are about 100$a piece but they give me better night vision than any dash cam I could find. A cheaper option that costs 35$/camera (in the US) is wyze v 3. It is outdoor rated. The night vision cameras have to be mounted on the outside since their IR lights do not go through windshields. I have these 3 cameras and the Viofo connected to my phone via WiFi so I can see all 4 of them at once using an app called Birds ai view. My phone records the video stream of the camera and sends me notifications when a person gets too close to my rig. I can also trigger alarms or have it turn on the radio on person detection with this app. I got it on Google app store for free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free. I looked for waterproof enclosures in the past and all the ones I found were too large to be practical or/and their price did not make sense for my use case when compared to some of these waterproof cameras like the Wyze v3.
Thanks for this EdSM.

I'll look at your setup as an option if I cant get a camera to suit MMCX.

Blackvue makes waterproof rear cams specifically for trucks. I’m not aware of any for Viofos.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what AV Out connection uses on the truck camera please? I can't see this detailed on the Blackvue website.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know what AV Out connection uses on the truck camera please? I can't see this detailed on the Blackvue website.
I've never used one of their truck dashcams, but I believe it uses the same coax cable to plug into a normal front dashcam. It's just a different housing for an otherwise fairly standard second dashcam.

If you're thinking about plugging it into a Viofo, I have no idea if that would work or if there's anything proprietary happening that would prevent this from working. Would be cool if you could mix and match stuff like this though. :)

I have a 7mt long motohome/ RV and a 10 meter cable from Viofo but I need to get a camera outside some how. I assume I have a few options and would welcome some feedback on what's achievable;
1. An external/ waterproof camera from Viofo - is there such a thing as I can't see anything on the website?
I can't find a thread where Viofo wanted to release a waterproof rear camera for outdoor installation.
They even invited testers for these cameras. Try contacting Viofo directly. Maybe they have a solution for you.

I can't find a thread where Viofo wanted to release a waterproof rear camera for outdoor installation.
They even invited testers for these cameras. Try contacting Viofo directly. Maybe they have a solution for you.
Thanks, I've been on to Viofo and apparently a waterproof camera will be available 'soon' - before the end of the year they said. Let's hope so.

Back