What a rip off

pnickisson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought the U3000 and the thinkware connected App does not work if you put your car in RADAR parking mode.

When I was doing the research into the camera this was not made evident so all the, you get a notification if another car hits your car does not work (they are mutually exclusive).

One of the main features of the u3000 is the parking mode that is built in to the camera for both front and rear cameras. (although there are a lot of posts saying that the rear did not work.

So really thinkware are advertising a lot of features that people are not going to get the use of if you use the inbuilt radar parking mode.

I just wanted to point this out to sent prospective purchasers as I would not have purchased this camera had I known this.

In summary it appesrs that:

1) there in no radar mode currently working in the rear camera.

2) If you enable radar parking mode you cannot use the Thinkware connected App/features while the car is parked (so no notifications if your car gets hit, no live view of what is happening in front/rear of your car etc)

Hope that helps people make an informed choice.

What ?

I thought they fixed that radar too deep sleep no LTE access.
I would assume if your car get hit, things do wake up and a notification are fired off, and then if its still awake you can remote connect to it and look thru the cameras.
But sure if its like old radar cams then it sleep so deep the LTE modem are also sleeping so no remote viewing then.

Newer cams have a little co processor, that is not sleeping, so you can wake up the camera when it is in deep radar sleep mode just fine.

EDIT: the smart cameras, just more things that can break, or as we have seen often can disappoint you.

The new Nextbase IQ, it also have a lot of features that are not working ATM, at least that's how i understand it.

Just bought the U3000 and the thinkware connected App does not work if you put your car in RADAR parking mode.

When I was doing the research into the camera this was not made evident so all the, you get a notification if another car hits your car does not work (they are mutually exclusive).

One of the main features of the u3000 is the parking mode that is built in to the camera for both front and rear cameras. (although there are a lot of posts saying that the rear did not work.

So really thinkware are advertising a lot of features that people are not going to get the use of if you use the inbuilt radar parking mode.

I just wanted to point this out to sent prospective purchasers as I would not have purchased this camera had I known this.

2) If you enable radar parking mode you cannot use the Thinkware connected App/features while the car is parked (so no notifications if your car gets hit, no live view of what is happening in front/rear of your car etc)

It is right on their website under parking surveillance mode about radar mode and Thinkware Connected app. Picture attached

Also the rear radar must be a bad run because not everyone is having these challenges.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 8.51.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 8.51.03 PM.png
    541.5 KB · Views: 29
Hello,

If you are having issues with your U3000 rear view camera, please send an email to support@thinkware.com with the subject line " Issues with U3000 rear view camera radar"

This is not the first time, someone have been " fooled " by smart cameras and what they can and can not do, another thing you also see now and then is PPL think they will upload everything to the cloud.

Also now and then see issues with " normal " dashcams, here it is often people being let down by the image quality on their new dashcam, i assume thinking " well it is 4K like my kick ass action camera " so why is the footage so " bad "

I know the feeling i get it about a year before and a year after a election in Denmark.

Also the rear radar must be a bad run because not everyone is having these challenges.
I do find it a bit funny it always hit the rear camera, or at least it seem like that to me.

can testify that the rear camera does not detect any motion in the radar parking mode. I have test it in many different ways but not a single test has given any positive results.

Is anyone a lawyer here? We should take some legal advice against them

can testify that the rear camera does not detect any motion in the radar parking mode. I have test it in many different ways but not a single test has given any positive results.

Is anyone a lawyer here? We should take some legal advice against them
Did you try pushing the cable all the way in until it clicks as @rcg530 discovered being a common reason why this is occurring? See video he made here:

You get notifications in radar parking mode. But you have no way of downloading videos or accessing live view.

Also if you use a parking mode that allows downloading and accessing live view, my understanding is that during download and live view, recording is not possible. So you may see something happen, but it won't be recorded.

Back