What is everyone's settings?

sraeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I have recently purchased the A129. I am new to the dash cam world and I am wondering what everyone thinks is the best setting for the cam.
Specifically, WDR (on or off?), G sensor (low, medium, or high?), frequency (50 vs. 60 Hz?), and any exposure setting tweaks (EV). If it matters, I drive both days and nights (almost equally). Your help is appreciated!

Yeah the US are 60 Hz country, just us EU boys and a few other lag behind with 50 Hz.
Not that it will eliminate all flickering from electrical things, some times you get a little WTF experience reviewing footage.
I normally use WDR on dashcams, other kind of cameras probably not.

My WDR is off, as is the G-Sensor. EV is default.

Paul.

My WDR is off, as is the G-Sensor. EV is default.

Paul.

Wait, you turned off the G sensor? Wouldn't that mean the video won't get locked in the event of a collision?

Correct. If the camera is off when I am not in it. Say in a car park.

Currently using defaults for the most part, WDR off, EV 0. Though I did disable the beeping.

My car has rear privacy glass and EV 0 seems fine, even at night. I tried changing it but I thought it was too bright during the day.

WDR off. EV 0. G-sensor medium.
CPL (from A119) on the rear camera.

Interesting. It seems like most people have WDR off. I think I would follow suit. Also, I will definitely change it to 60Hz. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back