Will This Work?

Vinz Clortho

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X500 with TWA-X500F750R Rear camera
I have a Ford Transit connect cargo van with no rear windows. I also have a Thinkware X500 2 channel dash cam with a rear camera (not connected because no rear windows). I have it Hardwired, although I could not find a switched (ACC) circuit in the fuse panel so I ended up installing a switch in the wire and then wiring both to constant power. When I park I have to turn off the switch so the camera senses that it lost ACC power and goes to parking mode.

Anyway, my question is this.. If I buy the new SGRCWPC camera from Street Guardian and Pier 28 which is a waterproof external camera with the same basic specs as my existing rear camera and connects to the primary camera/DVR using a micro USB connector the same as my existing rear camera will it work? Is there a standard spec for the micro USB connector so that the Power and video are on the same pins even though they are two different cameras from two different manufacturers from two different countries?

I really need a rearview camera, and will need to go with something external and waterproof because of no rear windows, but it would be best if I can also record it and view it with my existing X500.

Thanks for any Help or thoughts on this subject.

it won't work, there is a send and receive chipset used between the camera and the base unit for ours

You would need to get the complete SGZC12RC system.
I can work a special deal and replace the regular camera it comes with, with the SGRCWPC if that helps. (let me know)

it won't work, there is a send and receive chipset used between the camera and the base unit for ours

Ok, Thanks for that information. I was hoping it would be plug and play.

You would need to get the complete SGZC12RC system.
I can work a special deal and replace the regular camera it comes with, with the SGRCWPC if that helps. (let me know)

I will have to think on that. I will go to your website and review specs etc. My X500 is only a couple of weeks old, so I will need to explore all options before I decide what to do. Thanks for the offer, and I will let you know.

I think what I have decided to do is go with a 4 camera system. The X500 front camera mounted (as it is now) on the windshield. The rear camera accessory that I have for the X500 I will mount so it points out of the Drivers side window to record anything that happens on that side of the vehicle. I will get a waterproof analog, non recorded camera and mount it to the rear roof of the truck (like on or above the 3rd brake light) to use as a rear view mirror, since rear visibility is non existent in this thing. I will mount a 7" TFT monitor where the rearview mirror would normally go. Then I will install a 2nd analog camera low on the back of the truck (above the license plate) that I can use as a backup/parking assist camera. This one will be wired to the reverse light circuit to automatically come on when I am in reverse. It will share the 7" rearview monitor. So that should cover me.

Back