Would a Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB SDXC work?

tien

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all
I'm thinking about buying
Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB SDXC,
would it work?
thanks for the help

Hi all
I'm thinking about buying
Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB SDXC,
would it work?
thanks for the help
Hi tien, I was wondering the same thing too..
I've heard others say that sometime faster is not necessarily better.
But, you won't know unless you try... no guts no glory !
Does anybody know the specs on the Lukas brand SD or is it a secret?

This is actually a fairly common question among Lukas owners.
We have had quite a number of customers ask us if they are able to use their own memory card(s) in the Lukas cameras.

The Lukas Genuine memory cards are specifically designed for the Lukas units (by most notably) their heavy sequential read or write speeds. The Lukas manual tells us that only 'Lukas Genuine' memory cards are supported and the product warranty will void if a malfunction can be directly related back to an un-supported memory card. We've heard stories about irreparable damage to the unit due to an incompatibility, but have never actually had a return due to this issue. What we have had a number of issues with is file corruption.. 9 times out of 10 when we are troubleshooting a unit that is experiencing file corruption it always leads back to an incompatibility with an un-supported SD card.

We always make a point of telling our customers to use the Lukas Genuine memory cards to avoid losing important footage.

--
Sam

Last edited:
We have had quite a number of customers ask us if they are able to use their own memory card(s) in the Lukas cameras.

The Lukas Genuine memory cards are specifically designed for the Lukas units (by most notably) their heavy sequential read or write speeds. The Lukas manual tells us that only 'Lukas Genuine' memory cards are supported and the product warranty will void if a malfunction can be directly related back to an un-supported memory card. We've heard stories about irreparable damage to the unit due to an incompatibility, but have never actually had a return due to this issue. What we have had a number of issues with is file corruption.. 9 times out of 10 when we are troubleshooting a unit that is experiencing file corruption it always leads back to an incompatibility with an un-supported SD card.

We always make a point of telling our customers to use the Lukas Genuine memory cards to avoid losing important footage.

The actually brand of the memory cards Lukas use is unknown to us at this time. I do know that they are made in Korea haha.

--
Sam
Here is some data on my Lukas 32 gb SDHC Card;

ChipGenius_v4_00_0022
------------------------------------
Description: [E:]USB Mass Storage Device(Generic- SD/MMC)
Device Type: Mass Storage Device

Protocal Version: USB 2.00
Current Speed: High Speed
Max Current: 500mA

USB Device ID: VID = 0BDA PID = 0119
Serial Number: 20090815198100000

Device Vendor: Generic
Device Name: USB2.0-CRW
Device Revision: 1985

Manufacturer: Generic-
Product Model: SD/MMC
Product Revision: 1.00

Chip Part-Number: Unknown

H2testw v1.4
-----------------
Warning: Only 500 of 30887 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.

Writing speed: 28.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 70.6 MByte/s

Writing speed: 27.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 71.0 MByte/s

Reading speed: 70.5 MByte/s

Last edited:
Found Transcend 32 gb card on amazon, they call it high speed but is same spec exactly. Went to Transcend site and they don't have "high speed" only "ultimate". Will have it in two days, will share findings... (I'm using 32 gb now and for my driving it is fine, if I was going through the Canadian Rockies I would want a large card to record the journey).

--
Sam
Hi Sam, a little off track, do you know where I can find the system requirements for the Lukas Viewer, I found it one but can't anymore... TY

I use a 128gb Kingston in both of my Lukas cameras....no issues at all. I ordered from Amazon...shipped from Kingston...cheaper than anywhere else I found. They have a lifetime warranty.

I use a 128gb Kingston in both of my Lukas cameras....no issues at all. I ordered from Amazon...shipped from Kingston...cheaper than anywhere else I found. They have a lifetime warranty.
That's cool Daleg, can you share the model of Kingston, or maybe an Amazon Link? It would be interesting to run H2testw v1.4 on the Kingston card to see how it compares with the Lukas and Transcend speed wise...
Lukas 32 GB:
Reading speed: 70.6 MByte/s

Transcend Ultimate 32GB:
Writing speed: 25.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 74.3 MByte/s

Kingston ?

Hi Sam, a little off track, do you know where I can find the system requirements for the Lukas Viewer, I found it one but can't anymore... TY

I haven't seen too much detail on the actual OS requirements of the Lukas software for Mac and Windows outside what is given on the Lukas website and in the product manuals.

My card is the one with the green label. If it's not the correct one, then I refuse to acknowledge it to the card or myself...as if it is, it will stop working instantly for sure. I've had outstanding results with it so far, good clear video, no corruption, no problems with it at all. I did leave it in there forever without a format for a long time and then I got an error eventually on the camera...an in camera format fixed it immediately. No problems, I just format when I fill the tank now.

My card is the one with the green label. If it's not the correct one, then I refuse to acknowledge it to the card or myself...as if it is, it will stop working instantly for sure. I've had outstanding results with it so far, good clear video, no corruption, no problems with it at all. I did leave it in there forever without a format for a long time and then I got an error eventually on the camera...an in camera format fixed it immediately. No problems, I just format when I fill the tank now.
Thanks for sharing, green is good. Hmmmm, I thought larger cards needed exFAT format, 64 gb and above. Camera and Lukas viewer format in fat32, pc will format in exFAT, dazed and confused...

the green label ones are what we've been using in Australia for the last 6 months, had no issues with them

the green label ones are what we've been using in Australia for the last 6 months, had no issues with them
Hi Jokiin, what camera are you using the cards with, and do you format w/ exFAT?

I just finished testing the Transcend 32 GB Ultimate SD, worked fine with my LK-7950, they are cheaper price than the Kingston brand.

Back