Xiaomi Yi as a webcam with a usb-cable

boreas

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi to everyone,
I am going to buy a Xiaomi Yi and I have a question. Can I use the camera as a webcam via the usb-cable?
Can the computer recognize the camera as a normal webcam?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Dimitar

Do you know any action cam that can be used as a Webcam?

Mobius. From the Manual... There are two ways in which you can enter webcam mode.

Method 1: • Connect the camera as a removable drive. • Press the Shutter button to enter webcam mode. • ► If this is the first time you have connected the camera in WebCam mode, Windows will automatically install the required drivers. • ► Disconnect the camera or press the Power button to exit webcam mode.

Method 2: • Remove the flash memory card. • Connect the camera to the PC using a standard USB cable. • The yellow LED will blink at 2 second intervals indicating there is no card inserted. This is normal. • ► If this is the first time you have connected the camera in WebCam mode, Windows will automatically install the required drivers. • The camera is now in Webcam mode. • Start your favorite WebCam software, such as AMCap. If your screen is black, the software is not configured correctly. Make sure the program shows the "USB PC camera" as the "device" selected for video capture. If this option does not show in the "device" option list, restart the webcam program and check again. • Disconnect the camera or press the Power button to exit webcam mode.

Last edited:
Mobius. From the Manual... There are two ways in which you can enter webcam mode.
Thank you for your answer. I'll check Mobius. Actually, I was sure that I'll buy Xiaomi Yi, but I really want to have this option to use it as a webcam. Of course, I can buy a separate webcam.
Thanks again.

Back