A119 Mini 2 - Doesnt Power on unless I unplug it first

I'm using a dongar mirror adapter. It seems to have the same behavior with any power source in the car that shuts down when the car does
It is better to use the car charger in the package to supply the power. Normally, the camera will turn off once your car ignition is off and will turn on automatically when your car is on if you have not hardwired it. Shall we know what situation you need to unplug and plug the cable to let the camera on? Does it happen when you start your car or stop at a traffic light while you driving?

Last edited:
It is better to the car charger in the package to supply the power. Normally, the camera will turn off once your car ignition is off and will turn on automatically when your car is on if you have not hardwired it. Shall we know what situation you need to unplug and plug the cable to let the camera on? Does it happen when you start your car or stop at a traffic light while you driving?
Hi - It happens when i start the ignition. The camera does not power on. I have to unplug it first and then replug it

Hi - It happens when i start the ignition. The camera does not power on. I have to unplug it first and then replug it
Does it work correctly if you power it using Viofo's supplied accessory socket charger instead of powering it from your mirror?

Same situtation regardless of power source within the car

Bring the unit indoors and plug it into a mobile phone charger ...... does it then power on without issue ?
Now try that...

People can't help without information, not even Viofo-Support.

The Dashcam always works with a "fresh" plug in. Its when the power source is turned off and then on. The camera wont turn back on until a replug in happens.
So if you power it using the Viofo charger it works OK on first pluging in, then you turn the car off and the camera powers down, then you turn the car back on and the camera does not start up until you unplug it from the charger and plug it back into the charger?

What happens if you plug it into the Viofo charger with the car turned on, it powers up, then you unplug the charger from the car, then plug the charger back into the car after 10 seconds? You seem to be saying it will not power up now?

Same situtation regardless of power source within the car
There are two ports on our car charger, have you tried both of them?1694139057958.pngIt is better not to supply power to other device at the same time. Could you please take it home to power it on by a wall charger (power socket for your phone)or a battery pack, then confirm if it can turn on automatically once you plug the cable in?

This is a known phenomenon where the cut in power, when the engine cranks, puts the dashcam into shutdown mode, and power is restored during shutdown which the dashcam ignores because it's shutting down.

Someone has already pointed out the problem (see above - although why 'delayed start' doesn't stop this is a mystery. I don't have this option on mine) - was there ever a solution as I am having the same problem (different manufacturer). Maybe there is a cigarette lighter adapter with a current smoother/capacitors built in?

Last edited:
Battery is good - Brand new car.

The Dashcam never works when the car is turned on. It always requires me to unplug the usb c and then replug it. It then works fine.

The delay start option on the cam doesnt seem to have any impact on this issue. When delay is turned on it. It still wont power on when the car starts. Instead its just a delayed start after unplugging and replugging in the usb c
I was having the same issue with another manufacturer - just bought one of these (well one like it, these look easier to use) to see if delaying the power to the cam will cure the problem (edit - it did):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07MB8XXCT
My thread here:

Last edited:
Back