Brand new S1 Pro. Rear camera not detected?

RobbyJoe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought a Vantrue S1 Pro (with rear camera) for my daughter’s 2016 Honda Fit. Installation went well, and was straight forward. I mounted the rear camera to the rear window and ran the cable through the headliner and to the main (front) camera. Front camera appears to be working normally, but there’s no rear camera detected. I can’t find anything in the set-up menu for the rear camera, and it doesn’t get detected on the cell phone either. Am I missing something? Did I get a bad cable or camera? Has anyone had this happen?

Please ensure that the car power is correctly connected to the adhesive mount and that the main unit is connected to the rear camera. Connecting the car power to the main camera and the rear camera to the mount may result in malfunctioning of the rear camera. If the connections are properly configured, attempt to disconnect and reconnect the rear camera cable to verify if the LED on the rear camera functions. If the issue persists after trying these steps, kindly contact us via email at support@vantrue.net for further assistance.

I just bought a Vantrue S1 Pro (with rear camera) for my daughter’s 2016 Honda Fit. Installation went well, and was straight forward. I mounted the rear camera to the rear window and ran the cable through the headliner and to the main (front) camera. Front camera appears to be working normally, but there’s no rear camera detected. I can’t find anything in the set-up menu for the rear camera, and it doesn’t get detected on the cell phone either. Am I missing something? Did I get a bad cable or camera? Has anyone had this happen?
As Jeff_Vantrue wrote to you, check that the main and rear cameras are connected correctly.
The main unit can be connected both to the GPS module and to the main body.
The rear camera only connects to the main body.

As Jeff_Vantrue wrote to you, check that the main and rear cameras are connected correctly.
The main unit can be connected both to the GPS module and to the main body.
The rear camera only connects to the main body.
Can you download the files from the main body usb port or only from gps usb port . Thank you

Can you download the files from the main body usb port or only from gps usb port . Thank you
I don't know about the GPS USB port. I connected the S1 Pro via the main USB port to my laptop
and viewed files at the very beginning of my acquaintance with the model.
If you urgently need a video file, then there is Wi-Fi for that.

I don't know about the GPS USB port. I connected the S1 Pro via the main USB port to my laptop
and viewed files at the very beginning of my acquaintance with the model.
If you urgently need a video file, then there is Wi-Fi for that.
i was so wrong :) i thought the data transfer is through the main usb same like the phone uses one usb port for charging and the data transfer :) Now i see in the manual the small computer icon alongside REAR sign :) :facepalm:

Back