Error Message

SCM PROP MAINT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Have purchased mini 0806 with samsung 32mb card, camera works well.
I have a error message come up on screen FRGNT ERR NEED FORMAT can anybody help on this issue many thanks in advance.

Yes card bought new with 0806 about 2 weeks ago
Card formatted on PC
Card was purchased with 0806 from COMBI off ebay
Camera working fine I have it hard wired in my van just seems when card is full I only get this error code I presumed the recordings looped which i have this set on?
I have not done a firmware update since purchased.

Download h2testw.exe and use it to test the card after reformatting.

Possibly its a fake card, not necessarily the fault of the person you bought it from. Possibly it's just faulty, Possibly it will pass.

Note that you should never remove the memory card while the camera is recording data onto it.

Thanks Nigel
Will get my son to do it as I'm not so computer literate.
Will keep you posted

If you can confirm that your card is the genuine article and not a fake, rather than formatting it with your computer's formatter try using the SD Card Formatter utility from the SD Association. It can sometimes resolve card errors that do not get sorted out by formatting on a PC directly.

My guess is that the card was removed while being written to which corrupted the formatting, well worth testing it for piece of mind, then just format it and try again.

I think if Combi were selling problem cards then we would have heard about it long before now.

Thanks everyone will check it out tomorrow
Chill out time now

Formatted card on SD CARD FORMATTER then checked on h2testw.exe.
Result was all ok no errors on card.
Will now try it out to see if it loop records as I have cam running constantly while working on job sites for security on van.
Thanks Nigel & Dashmellow

I had the very same message on my newly exchanged camera on Thursday. I have a 64gb & 32gb Samsung EVO micro card. The 32gb had filled & the camera failed to switch to the 64gb card despite all camera settings being correct for a card switch (auto). The camera also started making a strange out of tune 'start up' sound & randomly switching itself off. I formatted both cards & voila the camera sprung back into life. After two recordings yesterday the camera has died completely. The second recording lasts 1.5 mins then nothing. Holding in reset does nothing at all. I will have to return this camera also (first one had erratic GPS but a great image). I cannot think of any reason why it would just fail like it has. It has not been hot or cold weather so rules out temperature fault. Anyway, unsure about trying a third camera. May have to decide on a replacement with a proven track record of reliability.

Camera does not respond when plugged into PC via micro USB. It has just stopped working.

Last edited:
Back