The dreaded no recording... just happened to me :eek:

Honestly, I like RO files being overwritten.

It helps not clog up the SD cards and leaves lots of room to save recording in RO, and keeps the system low maintenance.

Honestly, I like RO files being overwritten.

It helps not clog up the SD cards and leaves lots of room to save recording in RO, and keeps the system low maintenance.

It defeats the purpose of a security device. RO must never be deleted even if we don't like it.

Besides, isn't RO only when you tap the button or g sensor events?

I haven't had a single acidental g sensor event while driving (low sensitivity) nor while parked (high sensitivity).

It defeats the purpose of a security device. RO must never be deleted even if we don't like it.

Besides, isn't RO only when you tap the button or g sensor events?

I haven't had a single acidental g sensor event while driving (low sensitivity) nor while parked (high sensitivity).
I use G-sensor on High driving and parking. Get a decent amount of triggered events when I am driving, but never in parking mode. I was shaking the car from the sides when it was in parking mode - no G trigger, never. That idea that if someone would bump into your parked car and you would have a "protected" video is a myth.

I basically could take all the wheels from the car and there would be no triggered G events whatsoever. (I have documented video when I am shacking the car and the G-sensor does not work when the car is parked). At least I know it is working when I drive over the bumps (the car has a sport suspension). But recently I noticed that the G-sensor lost sensitivity by about 50% - same road, same bumps, 50% fewer G-triggers. More than that, for a couple of days (last week) G-sensor did not work at all. No triggers even on rough bumps. Super weird.

My today's TEST for firmware V1.1_0517:

3CH (Front, Interior, Rear)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - low
Parking mode - first try - did not record any parking videos. At all. None

2CH (Front, Rear)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - low
Parking mode - records constantly in 45s intervals. More than that - video sequences are for about 30sec, and videos are 45s long. They overlap each other every time.
(example: 1st video at 12:00:00, 2nd video 12:00:30, 3rd video 12:01:00 etc. when the video files are 45s long.)

1CH (Front)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - low
Parking mode - did not record anything

1CH (Front)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - high
Parking mode - records videos in 45s long videos. There was a gap between the video recordings, but... it misses a few passing by cars and motorbikes.
( I use other CCTV at home, I know exactly how many cars passed during the same period of time, how many people walked etc. So I know when the dashcam misses action)

2CH (Front, Interior)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - medium
Parking mode - records constantly in 45s intervals. Videos overlapping. In other words - again - streaming 24/7.

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - high
Parking mode - videos are overlapping (as before), note: Front and Rear cameras have 45s-long videos, and Interior 46s long. Out of synchronisation.

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - medium
Parking mode - videos are overlapping (as before), note: Front and Rear cameras have 45s-long videos, and Interior 46s long. Out of synchronisation.

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - high

Seem to me that with 1CH on LOW sensitivity, the FRONT camera did not pick up even the VAN passing by (not to mention people walking by).
1CH does (FRONT camera) react to the level of sensitivity. Changing from LOW to MEDIUM to HIGH gave different results. But even then few cars passing by were missed.

Whenever I connected the 2nd or 3rd Chanel - the movement sensor does not make any sense and the DC just keeps streaming nonstop. Even worst - it does overlap the videos by 33% and uses more resources than it should.

I don't know exactly what kind of technic VIOFO is using for monitoring motion detection, but clearly Front (main body camera) has different motion results than the other two. And when you connect all together, you have weird results - no movement - DC keeps recording non-stop in 45s video sequences (with overlapping).

So yeah, 517 is not good either. It might sort the issues of disappearing locked videos, as the previous firmware had, but this phenomenon (deleted or disapeared protected files) needs to be monitored and tested for a longer period than one day.

here are some screenshots (time stamps are important):

IMG_2063.PNGIMG_2069.PNGIMG_2070.PNGIMG_2071.PNGIMG_2072.PNGIMG_2073.PNGIMG_2074.PNGIMG_2075.PNGIMG_2076.PNGIMG_2077.PNG

I always was bugged by this message:
IMG_2082.PNG

what does that mean exactly? Even when the video is not recording, if in the settings the parking mode is on (any 3 modes), you can not change the recording mode for driving (not parking). Why? And what about motion detection? Can not be set either?Parking or driving? But in driving mode, there is no motion detection function whatsoever. Motion detection in parking mode?
Then why I can not set the level of motion detection when the parking mode is ON? Actually, I can change the motion detection level without switching off the parking mode, simple - you just change it, and that is why I don't understand exactly this message. Is it a mistranslation?

Or do I have to (MUST) switch off the parking mode (OFF) and only then change the motion detection level and the driving mode recording type (from live recording to timelapse)??

Or could it be even deeper? Maybe the answer is right here - why parking mode autodetect is not working as it should?

Does anyone have any ideas?

What VIOFO would say regarding this?

My today's TEST for firmware V1.1_0517:

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - low
Parking mode - first try - did not record any parking videos. At all. None

2CH (Front, Rear)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - low
Parking mode - records constantly in 45s intervals. More than that - video sequences are for about 30sec, and videos are 45s long. They overlap each other every time.
(example: 1st video at 12:00:00, 2nd video 12:00:30, 3rd video 12:01:00 etc. when the video files are 45s long.)

1CH (Front)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - low
Parking mode - did not record anything

1CH (Front)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - high
Parking mode - records videos in 45s long videos. There was a gap between the video recordings, but... it misses a few passing by cars and motorbikes.
( I use other CCTV at home, I know exactly how many cars passed during the same period of time, how many people walked etc. So I know when the dashcam misses action)

2CH (Front, Interior)
G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - medium
Parking mode - records constantly in 45s intervals. Videos overlapping. In other words - again - streaming 24/7.

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - high

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - medium

G-sensors - high (both)
Movement sensor - high

Seem to me that with 1CH on LOW sensitivity, the FRONT camera did not pick up even the VAN passing by (not to mention people walking by).
1CH does (FRONT camera) react to the level of sensitivity. Changing from LOW to MEDIUM to HIGH gave different results. But even then few cars passing by were missed.

Whenever I connected the 2nd or 3rd Chanel - the movement sensor does not make any sense and the DC just keeps streaming nonstop. Even worst - it does overlap the videos by 33% and uses more resources than it should.

I don't know exactly what kind of technic VIOFO is using for monitoring motion detection, but clearly Front (main body camera) has different motion results than the other two. And when you connect all together, you have weird results - no movement - DC keeps recording non-stop in 45s video sequences (with overlapping).

So yeah, 517 is not good either. It might sort the issues of disappearing locked videos, as the previous firmware had, but this phenomenon (deleted or disapeared protected files) needs to be monitored and tested for a longer period than one day.

here are some screenshots (time stamps are important):

View attachment 65505View attachment 65506View attachment 65507View attachment 65508View attachment 65509View attachment 65510View attachment 65511View attachment 65512View attachment 65513View attachment 65514

Somethging went wrong with 517 version. Checked for the past 3h - DC failes to go to the parking mode at all. Just switches off, even though the parking mode on Auto-detect.
Changed from 2CH to 3CH, same. No parking mode. different levels of sensitivity - no luck. The dashcam switches off instead going to parking mode.

Done with 517 test. Back to 524T. This one records parking mode constantly in 15min videos (streaming none stop, files up to 1GB for 15min) but at least it does records.

I'll be honest, 6 months ago someone crashed into my parked car at night and run away. The car was total loss. So after this incident, I decided to buy dash cam with advance parking mode (parking surveillance), unfortunately, I have bought VIOFO A139PRO with 3CH. I am more paranoid about my parked car than I am driving it. For driving recordings I could simply use my phone attached to windshield and I would have even better footage (depending on phone). For me it is extremly important that the dashcam would have reliable parking mode as it was advertised on the VIOFO website/manuals.

But I am not getting this peace of mind for the past 5/6months.

Anyways, installed 524T brains for my dashcam for tonight. Will see the results in the morning I guess.

Had videos missing from live footage, had snow effect on my videos, no visibility just “snow” as there would be no signal, had experience purple haze on FRONT camera footage during the parking mode at night, seem like somehow DC messed up with the channels, DC freezes, lags, time synchronization does not work anymore, have to adjust manually, disappearing “protected” videos and much much more...
Based on this observation and others, there is a lot to unbundle here and I think it's best to let Viofo go through a systematic evaluation. "Snow effect" and purple haze suggest to me a hardware problem. FWIW, I've had my front and back cameras for about a month and I'm naturally a sceptic that stuff will work I you need it, so initially I ran the cameras off the car to see if I could trust them. My experience was that I could trust them, and I have now installed them in the car - but to keep my options open I haven't hidden the cabling in case I decide take it out. My trust isn't such that I'm going to hide the cabling, but I may do soon. So my experience is very different to yours, and I'm not persuaded this is a product that is flawed. There is definitely is a glitch in the "lock" or "protected" algorithm as some files are not placed in the RO folder, but those that aren't are present in the videos or parking folders. I've raised this with Viofo, and whilst progress is glacial with them regularly asking for stuff they've already got, I will persevere. I check often, and to date the cameras record continuously when powered via ACC, and according to expectations for parking mode (whether auto event or time lapse) recognising that the power is cut when the voltage drops the cutoff set at the HK3-C controller (corroborated as I have a BM2 bluetooth battery monitor).

I'm saying this not because I am a Viofo fanboy, but to give you the perspective of another recent purchaser. I do have hardware concerns as the front camera gets very hot, and I do wonder whether the design for heat dissipation is optimised for the A139 not the A139 Pro, hence the comment I read somewhere that the wifi should be turned off in routine use to reduce heat, but I can't say that that is a problem that has affected me.

Anyway, good luck and be happy.

I switched to parking mode in time-lapse 5 fps today.

At least that's power efficient and during my tests, it doesn't miss license plates of passing cars so certainly won't miss one if someone backs into my car while parked.

I don't think I need sound because I can't hear anything from the outside anyway with thermal and noise insulated glass.

I increased loop segments to 3 min instead of 2 so in park mode, I should have 3 min files covering 18 min that's around 6 files (front and back) per hour. That's manageable. 50 files per night of sleep.

Now I need this to be reliable for months. I will keep checking daily if it's recording.

Thanks for your shared experience.

I just gonna add that my dashcam also becomes very hot. I am using 3CH most of the time, and all three cameras produce heat. Winter time it was kinda fine, as during the night the heat from the cameras defrosted the windshields and the cameras were able to see something (not perfectly as the other half of the windshield was still covered in frost, but what can you do in this situation). But now, especially when the summer is here, I have noticed extreme heat on the main body, can not even hold my fingers for more than 3sec. After just one such hot day (I think that the dashcam that day overcooked itself) - I noticed that the G-sensor lost about 50% of sensitivity. The other day I had no G-triggers during the same journey as usual on the same road to work and back I got like 10 G events daily. But one day there was none. On the other cooler day, the G sensor came back, but only 50%.

Funny enough - it is the replacement dashcam that is acting strange now, the original at the end (before returning) went completely nuts - starting/restarting randomly at 5-40 sec intervals, I could not even go to the settings or connect to the wifi for such a little period of time. Resetting through the pinhole did not help - starts/restarts. Unplugging and plugging again did not help.

For the first weeks, the replacement dashcam worked, and the G-sensor was more sensitive (again-comparing the same road, and the same bumps). But just for a few weeks. Now it's back again, I mean glitches back again. The G-sensor is definitely less sensitive.

I kinda get a feeling for the enormous amount of heat does damage the dashcam, I don't think that electric parts like to be cooked inside.

So yeah, my experience with VIOFO is definitely different than yours. And I am glad that your dashcam at least suits your needs. Mine not.

But I will take your advice and gonna stay happy :D

I switched to parking mode in time-lapse 5 fps today.

At least that's power efficient and during my tests, it doesn't miss license plates of passing cars so certainly won't miss one if someone backs into my car while parked.

I don't think I need sound because I can't hear anything from the outside anyway with thermal and noise insulated glass.

I increased loop segments to 3 min instead of 2 so in park mode, I should have 3 min files covering 18 min that's around 6 files (front and back) per hour. That's manageable. 50 files per night of sleep.

Now I need this to be reliable for months. I will keep checking daily if it's recording.
Do please keep checking.

When I set up the loop recording for 3 or 5min and set up the timelapse (that was for driving mode), then I had glitch during the driving where the video wasnt recording. So in my journey from work back home, there was a gap (there was actually couple of gaps) in recordings, meaning that I LOST about 15min of live footage. One looped 3min video in timelapse, as you know, its about 15-18min long live footage (depending on how much FPS you set). And if the camera decides to glitch and do not save recorded file - you will be left with 15-18 min of nothing.

And again, the purpose of the dashcam is to be safe or have evidence in extreme situations, so it has to be reliable.

Unfortunatelly, I dont feel safe or calm when I noticing dashcam glitches. How could you.

So keep checking.

Do please keep checking.

When I set up the loop recording for 3 or 5min and set up the timelapse (that was for driving mode), then I had glitch during the driving where the video wasnt recording. So in my journey from work back home, there was a gap (there was actually couple of gaps) in recordings, meaning that I LOST about 15min of live footage. One looped 3min video in timelapse, as you know, its about 15-18min long live footage (depending on how much FPS you set). And if the camera decides to glitch and do not save recorded file - you will be left with 15-18 min of nothing.

And again, the purpose of the dashcam is to be safe or have evidence in extreme situations, so it has to be reliable.

Unfortunatelly, I dont feel safe or calm when I noticing dashcam glitches. How could you.

So keep checking.

Wait wait wait.

I'm using time-lapse 5fps only for parking mode. Driving mode is still full 4k 30fps max bitrate 2 channels

But yea, I'll keep checking it. It was fine these past two days with 2 min loops. This evening I switched to 3 min. If the cam locks up or starts failing, first step will be to go back to 2 min segments.

from now on, I'll be only changing one variable at a time.

Thanks for your shared experience.

I just gonna add that my dashcam also becomes very hot. I am using 3CH most of the time, and all three cameras produce heat. Winter time it was kinda fine, as during the night the heat from the cameras defrosted the windshields and the cameras were able to see something (not perfectly as the other half of the windshield was still covered in frost, but what can you do in this situation). But now, especially when the summer is here, I have noticed extreme heat on the main body, can not even hold my fingers for more than 3sec. After just one such hot day (I think that the dashcam that day overcooked itself) - I noticed that the G-sensor lost about 50% of sensitivity. The other day I had no G-triggers during the same journey as usual on the same road to work and back I got like 10 G events daily. But one day there was none. On the other cooler day, the G sensor came back, but only 50%.

Funny enough - it is the replacement dashcam that is acting strange now, the original at the end (before returning) went completely nuts - starting/restarting randomly at 5-40 sec intervals, I could not even go to the settings or connect to the wifi for such a little period of time. Resetting through the pinhole did not help - starts/restarts. Unplugging and plugging again did not help.

For the first weeks, the replacement dashcam worked, and the G-sensor was more sensitive (again-comparing the same road, and the same bumps). But just for a few weeks. Now it's back again, I mean glitches back again. The G-sensor is definitely less sensitive.

I kinda get a feeling for the enormous amount of heat does damage the dashcam, I don't think that electric parts like to be cooked inside.

So yeah, my experience with VIOFO is definitely different than yours. And I am glad that your dashcam at least suits your needs. Mine not.

But I will take your advice and gonna stay happy :D

Hey, I live in the Algarve. You probably can imagine what real heat means to me.

And yeah, the DC gets crazy warm these days. I said it before, I can't hold the sdcard when I pull it out of the unit, imagine how warm the unit itself is but... It hasn't locked up in 2-3 days (or better, since I placed the extreme card) so fingers crossed.

Regarding the g-sensor, it makes sense to lose sensibility with heat. What doesn't make much sense is why the sensibility isn't returning when it cools down. There are several types of accelerometers and I have no clue what type viofo is using.

There are several types of accelerometers and I have no clue what type viofo is using.
I'm not sure about A139Pro but A229 Duo use DA380 g-sensor. A139Pro uses one of above: GMA310, DRAMD07, DA380, BMI160.

Thank you for your reply, but could you add more information on which exact version of firmware you offering to try? I might have that tested already.

Next - "locked" files. I ask the VIOFO support team already to point out where this information regarding the allocation of memory is stated in your descriptions or manuals.
If I read it before ordering this product, I would have second doubts and would not choose VIOFO company just for this nonsense.

In my 5months of experience with VIOFO A139 PRO, "protected" files were always on the memory card. They started to disappear with recent firmware versions (321 or 424).
It is a major issue if the dashcam can override files which are placed in the RO folder (RO = READ ONLY!!).

Example - I am using a 64GB memory card. On a long few days journey, I had an incident. I know that the incident is recorded and protected in the RO folder. Now I continue my journey. Returning home just to find out that the file which should be "protected" was overwritten?! And I lost all evidence.

Protected videos SHOULD NEVER BE OVERWRITTEN OR DISAPPEARING FROM MEMORY CARD! NEVER!! Even when the memory is full. The dash-cam should inform that there is not enough memory for recordings but do not by any means overwrite or delete the protected videos. It's just NONSENSE!

Now in my case, "locked" and "protected" videos just disappear from the memory card overnight. I have a good video document of this behaviour and already sent it to VIOFO support.
Now that is a HUGE issue when you have a freshly formatted 256GB memory card inserted in the evening, for the TESTING purpose left like 5x videos "protected" on the memory card (used yellow triangle button, used Bluetooth button). I just to find out in the morning that all my protected videos are gone! SO INDEED - A HUGE ISSUE.

Day after downgrading the firmware to 1.1_206 and guess what - run TEST for a couple of days with the 64GB memory card (so it is easier to fill it up).
None of the "protected videos" disappeared or was overwritten by the lack of memory. And I had exactly 66 "locked" videos. I counted each time. All videos documented.
All there after a couple of days, when the memory card was overwritten almost twice during this period.

So no, you do not explain to me ... about memory locations. And please - point me to the technical description of how the memory card is managed and when and why the "protected videos" will be overwritten. PLEASE!

If it is your NEW strategy (to delete files which by design should not be deleted) - I am already packing my rods and returning your product immediately for FULL REFUND!

PARKING mode in Autodetect mode - it's another joke. With the latest V1.1_0524 firmware, it's even worst. Now autodetect event mode records parking videos non-stop in 15min intervals. Like streaming 24/7. Why bother then? Just say that this camera has "LOW BIT RATE" and "TIMELAPSE" mode recordings in parking mode. Autodetect mode never work as described in 5 months.

Glitches after glitch after glitch.

Sometimes all this situation reminds me of "Cyber Punk 2077" - a game that all players was waiting for for more than ten years. And it came out unfinished with lots of bugs. It is unfinished by this day 3 years later. Still full of bugs and glitches. And in my opinion, it will never be ... finished.

Same here. With the new patch, VIOFO tries to patch one hole but opens another. And this is endless.

Losing hope.
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience our DC brought. It is not normal if protected videos disappear just over a night. We can totally understand your feeling. Since you have communicated with our customer service already, we will urge them to provide you with a useful resolution as soon as possible. Please rest assured that you will not get any loss.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience our DC brought. It is not normal if protected videos disappear just over a night. We can totally understand your feeling. Since you have communicated with our customer service already, we will urge them to provide you with a useful resolution as soon as possible. Please rest assured that you will not get any loss.
It is not normal as well to overwrite RO files (READ ONLY, locked, protected files).
VIOFO - tell your engineers to not mess up with these files. Otherwise - I want my money back already! And I am, not joking. Selling unfinished/untested products, advertised available features that do not work up to this date - question - are you joking? Promises-promises - next update will be better. My question - when is the final release then?

G-sensor never worked and is not working up to this date in PARKING MODE when it's needed the most! FIXED THAT ASAP! Or can't you? Maybe it is not about the firmware then?

Seriously, if you (VIOFO company) will not protect RO files permanently without even the idea of it being overwritten, or RO files will somehow disappear overnight - I am taking my car's trims out, taking your unfinished product and gonna sent you back and will take full refund as the product is not as advertised, not functioning as it was described.

Since January I don't get that "being safe" feeling as you advertised your product. Nice catch, but everything has its limits.

PS. Version V1.1_0524T has fixed the disappearing RO files issue (3 days testing), not sure for how long though.

Fixes need to be done ASAP:

G-Sensor in parking mode must be activated from the software point of view! Never never never I have G-triggered event in parking mode, when it is needed the most. What about bumps, what about someone trying to take the wheels of the car, etc etc...

RO files need to be saved, locked and protected (as advertised). There should be no issue with the lack of memory. Even if the memory is full and there is no more space for normal recordings, the Dashcam should beep and voice notifies that "the memory card is full", but LEAVE THE RO FILES LOCKED! ALL OF THEM. (what if I parked my car for a week and far away from it, DC connected to the extra battery or two (does not matter), providing "juice" for 7 days or more? 256Gb memory card with 3CH will be filled up in 3-4 days. And if there are accidents on the 1st day out of 7? Luckily there is a video protected (hopefully) You gonna tell me that this file will be overwritten on 3rd day as the memory card reaches 70%? What kind of BS it is? And again, please point me to the source of this information, where are you getting it? I read the manual 10 times, and no such description exists! Unless you change the policy without knowledge. In this case - I am out. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!

Autodetect Event in parking mode -
this feature must be fixed as it is not working correctly up to today (5 months experience), recording videos where there is no common sense, but fails to record me standing in front of the car, how it's even possible? I then walk around the car, hide myself in the corner and after 30sec unlocked my car. The video of me standing in front of the car (like literally touching the bonnet) does not exist, but the video of me coming from the back of the car exists. How come?
Looks like the Front camera has some motion levels(low to high), but the rest of 2CH is on SUPER HIGH sensitivity. Could it be due to different video resolutions? 2k vs 1K vs 1K?
2K has more pixels than 1K. If DC compares to images (motion detection) and if it sees some different pixels, then the event triggered. You get the point?
TIP1: add parking mode feature, where we could change motion sensivity on all 3CH, should not be hard to do so?!
TIP2: add motion detection zones for at least 2CH - FRONT and REAR. I dont need to see recorded moving clouds and nothing else. I need to see vehicles, people, etc. Adding zones could be a game changer for VIOFO! (besides I have suggested this 4months ago to your suppot team, nothing yet)

I need only these features to be working flowlessly! No issue whatsoever. Can VIOFO acomplished that? Please let me know!

I dont care much about driving mode. I can use my phone and have better video quality. But please bring the flowless parking mode as it was promissed in your advertised!

It is not normal as well to overwrite RO files (READ ONLY, locked, protected files).
VIOFO - tell your engineers to not mess up with these files. Otherwise - I want my money back already! And I am, not joking. Selling unfinished/untested products, advertised available features that do not work up to this date - question - are you joking? Promises-promises - next update will be better. My question - when is the final release then?

G-sensor never worked and is not working up to this date in PARKING MODE when it's needed the most! FIXED THAT ASAP! Or can't you? Maybe it is not about the firmware then?

Seriously, if you (VIOFO company) will not protect RO files permanently without even the idea of it being overwritten, or RO files will somehow disappear overnight - I am taking my car's trims out, taking your unfinished product and gonna sent you back and will take full refund as the product is not as advertised, not functioning as it was described.

Since January I don't get that "being safe" feeling as you advertised your product. Nice catch, but everything has its limits.

PS. Version V1.1_0524T has fixed the disappearing RO files issue (3 days testing), not sure for how long though.

Fixes need to be done ASAP:

G-Sensor in parking mode must be activated from the software point of view! Never never never I have G-triggered event in parking mode, when it is needed the most. What about bumps, what about someone trying to take the wheels of the car, etc etc...

RO files need to be saved, locked and protected (as advertised). There should be no issue with the lack of memory. Even if the memory is full and there is no more space for normal recordings, the Dashcam should beep and voice notifies that "the memory card is full", but LEAVE THE RO FILES LOCKED! ALL OF THEM. (what if I parked my car for a week and far away from it, DC connected to the extra battery or two (does not matter), providing "juice" for 7 days or more? 256Gb memory card with 3CH will be filled up in 3-4 days. And if there are accidents on the 1st day out of 7? Luckily there is a video protected (hopefully) You gonna tell me that this file will be overwritten on 3rd day as the memory card reaches 70%? What kind of BS it is? And again, please point me to the source of this information, where are you getting it? I read the manual 10 times, and no such description exists! Unless you change the policy without knowledge. In this case - I am out. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!

Autodetect Event in parking mode -
this feature must be fixed as it is not working correctly up to today (5 months experience), recording videos where there is no common sense, but fails to record me standing in front of the car, how it's even possible? I then walk around the car, hide myself in the corner and after 30sec unlocked my car. The video of me standing in front of the car (like literally touching the bonnet) does not exist, but the video of me coming from the back of the car exists. How come?
Looks like the Front camera has some motion levels(low to high), but the rest of 2CH is on SUPER HIGH sensitivity. Could it be due to different video resolutions? 2k vs 1K vs 1K?
2K has more pixels than 1K. If DC compares to images (motion detection) and if it sees some different pixels, then the event triggered. You get the point?
TIP1: add parking mode feature, where we could change motion sensivity on all 3CH, should not be hard to do so?!
TIP2: add motion detection zones for at least 2CH - FRONT and REAR. I dont need to see recorded moving clouds and nothing else. I need to see vehicles, people, etc. Adding zones could be a game changer for VIOFO! (besides I have suggested this 4months ago to your suppot team, nothing yet)

I need only these features to be working flowlessly! No issue whatsoever. Can VIOFO acomplished that? Please let me know!

I dont care much about driving mode. I can use my phone and have better video quality. But please bring the flowless parking mode as it was promissed in your advertised!
Again we deeply apologize for all the inconvenience we brought to you. We feel so grateful to get your support. About the issues you mentioned, we will respond to you one by one. 1.RO Files overwriting issue: The purpose of overwriting is to avoid the card being full of RO videos, then the camera will stop recording while the card is full. To make it more convenient for the customers, we divide the space of the card into two part:30% for RO files and 70% for normal files. The older RO files will be overwritten when it reaches the limit. We will adopt your suggestion to announce it somewhere later. 2. G-Sensor: The videos will be locked if G-sensor is triggered. The normal moving event will not trigger the G-sensor to lock the videos unless there is a strong bump or impact, which is to record the important or special situation. 3. Sensitivity of the camera in Auto Event Detection: It is a good idea to add features to change motion sensitivity on all 3CH. We have reported this to our engineer, but it really needs time to optimize, hope you will understand.

Since we usually only report when stuff fails, I want to say that so far the DC has been working surprisingly stable since I changed to the sandisk extreme card. Still too soon to cheer but ok for the last 5 days

Since we usually only report when stuff fails, I want to say that so far the DC has been working surprisingly stable since I changed to the sandisk extreme card. Still too soon to cheer but ok for the last 5 days

Almost a week later and the dashcam keeps working. Starting to gain confidence in it again.

I think AED might have been somehow involved in those weird freezes also. Using 5 fps time-lapse in parking mode seems to be nicest from a power and storage perspective and still don't lose any details as passing car's license plates. You only lose audio which isn't a big deal.

My new routine (not trusting the g sensor) is to approach the car the wrong side (passenger), walk around while glancing for any visible damage and then enter. The sooner I detect something visually, the better to pull and find the video evidence.

Cheers

Almost a week later and the dashcam keeps working. Starting to gain confidence in it again.

I think AED might have been somehow involved in those weird freezes also. Using 5 fps time-lapse in parking mode seems to be nicest from a power and storage perspective and still don't lose any details as passing car's license plates. You only lose audio which isn't a big deal.

My new routine (not trusting the g sensor) is to approach the car the wrong side (passenger), walk around while glancing for any visible damage and then enter. The sooner I detect something visually, the better to pull and find the video evidence.

Cheers
Your setup is similar to mine, especially in using time-lapse in parking mode, so can I ask if you have the situation where infrequently only one or other of the front or back camera videos is locked? Viofo are wanting to replicate this, but it may just be my setup.

Your setup is similar to mine, especially in using time-lapse in parking mode, so can I ask if you have the situation where infrequently only one or other of the front or back camera videos is locked? Viofo are wanting to replicate this, but it may just be my setup.

I just locked a video on my way home but forgot to check it. I'll report in an hour.

Or are you refering to locked videos during parking mode? In that case, I don't have any. Only manually locked during driving

I just locked a video on my way home but forgot to check it. I'll report in an hour.

Or are you refering to locked videos during parking mode? In that case, I don't have any. Only manually locked during driving
Most of my locked videos stem from the g-sensor whilst moving, and I have set the sensor sensitivity to "high" to gather as many events as possible whilst I (like you) decide how reliable the system is. It may be correlation not causation, but regardless of how the lock is triggered and whether in driving mode or parking, both Front and Rear have always locked with parking set to AED, but occasionally (say 1 in 10) only the front or rear is locked when parking is set to time-lapse (1 fps in my case). So my wild guess is that something within the firmware that is set with time-lapse parking is cross coded with something that governs video locking. Viofo are prepared to look at it in those terms, but first they want to replicate the problem. But if it only affects me, then that is good information and would be a relief to the rest of you.

Back