VIOFO A119 MINI_2 FIRMWARE

Yes after the firmware flash was complete, it automatically reset itself to factory settings.

I took my car to the track today and on the way to the track, I find the G sensor to be extremely sensitive even with it set to low. Just driving on road imperfections dips in the road would trigger it.
Not much you can do with the G sensor :/. If the problems keep happening with parking mode et cetera then you may have to get in touch with @VIOFO-Support who can assist

Latest firmware seems buggy. It was in parking mode and it couldn't switch back to regular recording mode. None of the buttons worked either. Only way to get it to record again was to power cycle
Yes after the firmware flash was complete, it automatically reset itself to factory settings.

I took my car to the track today and on the way to the track, I find the G sensor to be extremely sensitive even with it set to low. Just driving on road imperfections dips in the road would trigger it.
What parking mode do you use?
Try a different parking mode.
Describe any problems with your DVR and send it here:

Minor thing, For some reason, my front A119 Mini 2, i noticed today, when i use the voice command, "Turn on the screen", it does so, but also flashes the Yellow ! and then says Video Protected.
So, it is triggering 2 commands.
My rear cam, same model, does not do this.
Both same firmware, V1.0_20230912 (latest as of 10-10-23)

I think the latest firmware has a bug where sometimes it randomly stops recording for no reason. Few times I caught it say "Recording started" when it said that a few minutes ago. This causes me to lose anywhere from 5s to 30s of driving footage according to the timestamps.

Also the G sensor is so sensitive that when I'm parked and closing the door, it'll think something hit the car. Crazy.

I think the latest firmware has a bug where sometimes it randomly stops recording for no reason. Few times I caught it say "Recording started" when it said that a few minutes ago. This causes me to lose anywhere from 5s to 30s of driving footage according to the timestamps.
Do you have HDR turned on and off automatically? When you turn HDR on and off, the DVR starts recording a new video.
Also the G sensor is so sensitive that when I'm parked and closing the door, it'll think something hit the car. Crazy.
The sensor has 3 sensitivity levels. Change your settings.

Do you have HDR turned on and off automatically? When you turn HDR on and off, the DVR starts recording a new video.

The sensor has 3 sensitivity levels. Change your settings.
HDR is off. Also the sensor sensitivity is already set to the lowest level as I said before.

I too think G sensor is too sensitive, even set to Low. I had to disable it on my rear cam, as it would trigger Lock Video when ever i closed my hatch.
They also both went off a few times when i was in a Touch Free car wash as well.

Also the sensor sensitivity is already set to the lowest level as I said before.
I don't see where it says that the sensors are set to low.
Personally for me:
It’s better to let the camera block unnecessary files than to miss the necessary event. :unsure:
But there are so many people, so many opinions.:cool:

I don't see where it says that the sensors are set to low.

Personally for me:
It’s better to let the camera block unnecessary files than to miss the necessary event. :unsure:
But there are so many people, so many opinions.:cool:

Post #20 :)

Also noticed the cam wasn't recording today and was completely frozen, not responding to any buttons. Second time I noticed this happen. Have to power cycle it for it to reset itself.

Post #20 :)

Also noticed the cam wasn't recording today and was completely frozen, not responding to any buttons. Second time I noticed this happen. Have to power cycle it for it to reset itself.
Popped on to see what is happening. So the new firmware is causing issues?

Glad I did not downloaded yet.

Popped on to see what is happening. So the new firmware is causing issues?

Glad I did not downloaded yet.
What new firmware? The current version that is listed on their website has been there for a bit. I’ve had no issues with it. Version: V1.0_20230912

Although I’ve only had the cams for a couple weeks and also do not use parking mode

I have no problems with firmware V1.0_20230912.
The sensitivity of the sensors is set to medium level.

What new firmware? The current version that is listed on their website has been there for a bit. I’ve had no issues with it. Version: V1.0_20230912

Although I’ve only had the cams for a couple weeks
Ohh I thought that the discussion/issues that were stated above were related to the latest firmware?

.......which you have stated has not changed in a bit. My bad.

I'm still in stock firmware when I got it during the June 2023. Sometimes it won't start recording untill a few minutes into the drive and I'll hear "Started recording" voice notification. Even with G sensor low, it randomly locks the video. Anything to do with the build quality?

I was hoping to update the latest firmware and looks like it has other bugs.

Anytime VIOFO wants to release the newer firmware that has the fix for the purple/blue haze that happens at night with HDR, would be nice.
My rear cam does that alot since it is the most low light image at night. Switches back to normal when there is more light (street lights etc)

So, I rasied a ticket for my G sensor issue and I was directed to this website which seems to have a newer version of the FW than on their website. The FW here says V1.0_20231030, while on the website it's V1.0_20230912

Anyway, whether this one or the one from their website when I try to update it says card full. I have formatted the card and copied the FW onto it and inserted it and switched on the cam. Any suggestions?

So, I rasied a ticket for my G sensor issue and I was directed to this website which seems to have a newer version of the FW than on their website. The FW here says V1.0_20231030, while on the website it's V1.0_20230912

Anyway, whether this one or the one from their website when I try to update it says card full. I have formatted the card and copied the FW onto it and inserted it and switched on the cam. Any suggestions?

Has the Mini 2 firmware been updated to a new version?

Here is a video on updating the front camera of the A229 Pro.
The front camera update of the A229 Pro and Mini 2 are identical.

Last edited:

Just make sure the card file system is FAT32. You can also use a format tool to format the card on PC.

Back