VIOFO A229 Plus FIRMWARE

Having two A229plus, can I use the same cards to update both cameras simply moving them over to the next one, or do I have to redo the card (format, load firmware) for each dashcam?

Having two A229plus, can I use the same cards to update both cameras simply moving them over to the next one, or do I have to redo the card (format, load firmware) for each dashcam?
After flashing, the firmware file is deleted from the memory card automatically.
To flash the next model, you need to upload the firmware file to the memory card again.

Currently running on firmware FWA229S_V1.0_231117 from last month. For past few days while driving, the dash cam randomly switching from normal recording to parking mode (low frame rate recording), not sure why is this happening? I thought maybe the car battery dropped to certain voltage and that triggers to parking mode, but that shouldn't cause this problem. If I update the firmware to this month's version, will it fix this problem?

Currently running on firmware FWA229S_V1.0_231117 from last month. For past few days while driving, the dash cam randomly switching from normal recording to parking mode (low frame rate recording), not sure why is this happening? I thought maybe the car battery dropped to certain voltage and that triggers to parking mode, but that shouldn't cause this problem. If I update the firmware to this month's version, will it fix this problem?
Is there a Stop&Start function on your car? You can choose the 90S in the enter parking mode timer to have a try.

Is there a Stop&Start function on your car? You can choose the 90S in the enter parking mode timer to have a try.
Do you mean the car battery has the automatic stop engine when I press the brake pedal, then automatic start when I release the brake pedal? No my car does not have that.

I will try the 90 seconds before entering parking mode for the next few days and see how it goes.

Do you mean the car battery has the automatic stop engine when I press the brake pedal, then automatic start when I release the brake pedal? No my car does not have that.

I will try the 90 seconds before entering parking mode for the next few days and see how it goes.
Please open a ticket here to get further help if the issue still persists: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

Question, is there a preferred order in which to update the firmware? I.e. front first and then rear or vise versa?

Cheered to early. Now in 3ch max bitrate, rear cam image and sound are seriously out off sync, like at least one second off, and image is also out of sync with the front and interior cam. Looks like the rear cam starts recording video approx 1 sec earlier then the rest.
Didn’t have this before the fw update @VIOFO-Support

Last edited:

FWA229S.bin(63MB)
Version: V1.2_240227

Change Log for V1.2_240227
1. Optimized: IQ and Bluetooth connection
2. Fixed: Missing frames when the video clip is beyond 4GB
Wrong voice notification when entering parking mode
Other bugs
3. Added: OTA updates in the APP
Options to disable the GPS in the parking mode
Options to turn off HDR stamps

I haven’t checked all the innovations in the firmware, but I noticed one feature:
When updating with new firmware, all the old settings of the DVR are saved.

I updated my A229 Plus front camera with the v1.2_240227 firmware. I found the new settings in the menus.

FWA229S.bin
File size: 66059964 bytes
md5 checksum: df0f7716c32c2637c5fae18a6df5716d

a229_plus_12_240227_settings.png

Many problems have been fixed with V1.2_240227, but when the vehicle moves, it does not switch from parking mode to normal mode with the Powerbank, and the GPS, which is turned off in parking mode, does not activate while driving. Automatic motion detection continuously records and locks all videos. It is not possible to watch all the videos at the end of the day or in the morning :)) I wonder in which of the locked videos the incident actually happened?
Even though the high setting is selected in parking mode, the impact sensor cannot work isolated and if automatic motion detection detects movement, it records it :) It already records and locks everything. The motion sensor should be a little quieter and all videos should not be locked. The impact sensor should also be more active. Is the reason why the power bank cannot switch from parking mode to normal mode because the GPS is not activated or is the impact sensor not working? (When the camera starts in normal mode, GPS works without any problems, so it is not broken)

Many problems have been fixed with V1.2_240227, but when the vehicle moves, it does not switch from parking mode to normal mode with the Powerbank, and the GPS, which is turned off in parking mode, does not activate while driving. Automatic motion detection continuously records and locks all videos. It is not possible to watch all the videos at the end of the day or in the morning :)) I wonder in which of the locked videos the incident actually happened?
Even though the high setting is selected in parking mode, the impact sensor cannot work isolated and if automatic motion detection detects movement, it records it :) It already records and locks everything. The motion sensor should be a little quieter and all videos should not be locked. The impact sensor should also be more active. Is the reason why the power bank cannot switch from parking mode to normal mode because the GPS is not activated or is the impact sensor not working? (When the camera starts in normal mode, GPS works without any problems, so it is not broken)
The new setting for the GPS being turned off in parking mode is not present in the VIOFO app yet. I would recommend updating the setting that turns off the GPS while in parking mode to test if that helps with your issue.

A229 Pro
a229_pro_12_240227_settings.png

A229 Plus
a229_plus_12_240227_settings.png

I think it is a issue. Can it be restored from parking mode to normal mode not only by GPS?

Are you using the HK4 hardwire kit?
This is required for “reliable” parking mode operation.
Without the hardwire kit parking mode will not function “reliably”.
If you have further malfunctions you can get help directly from Viofo here;

Are you using the HK4 hardwire kit?
This is required for “reliable” parking mode operation.
Without the hardwire kit parking mode will not function “reliably”.
If you have further malfunctions you can get help directly from Viofo here;
No, not yet.
The problem of not exiting parking mode was solved with the suggestions of @rcg530 and @Oğuz Kıvrak.
For now, there is no problem using the a229 plus with a power bank and power cable. I also bought a hardware kit, but I no longer needed it. It's nice that my battery and fuse box remain untouched :).
Only the parking mode impact sensor sensitivity is not enough, even at high setting I shake the car but it does not record video. Also
The auto motion detection medium setting is too active and they lock every video. In my opinion, these 3 problems are not problems with the powerbank or kit, they seem to be fixable with a firmware update. I hope it is software problems.
Hoping to use it on good days and memories.

If you have not installed a hardwire kit, the camera will only switch from parking mode to driving mode when the GPS speed is above 8km/h. If you have disabled the GPS in parking mode in the settings, then the GPS cannot detect the speed of your car and the camera cannot change recording modes. The A229Plus/ Pro will not lock all the videos in AED parking mode, do you mean that it keeps recording in this mode? Please set the Parking Motion Detection to Low Sensitivity to test. If your car is parked in a busy area, we really suggest using time-lapse or low-bitrate parking mode.
About the impact sensor, there will be no beeps or voice notifications when it locks a video in parking mode as designed, could you please check if there are videos under RO files?

Last edited:
I can confirm we have heard this challenge. from 1 customer. A229 Plus is locking a lot of videos in parking when in auto event detection.

Back