A119 vs SG9665GC ?

budster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone new to dashcams was asking me about what dashcam I recommend. I don't consider myself an expert, just a consumer who has several (SG9665GC, A118C) and been reading up in these forums.

I do have a A119 on order so I'll be interested to see how that works. I had previously been recommending the A118C as the best budget dashcam to get for those that didn't want to spend that much. Now with the A119 coming out, it seems it's worth it to spend a little more to get this over the A118C.

But now I'm wondering how the A119 compares to the SG9665GC. Could others provide a pros/cons list? Is the SG9665GC really worth paying 2x as much compared to a A119? I do realize that there's excellent customer support for the SG9665GC and that's part of the cost too. Not sure how well supported the A119 will be with updated firmware, general questions, etc... But it looks hopeful so far based on what I've seen posted by @viofo and others.

But now I'm wondering how the A119 compares to the SG9665GC. Could others provide a pros/cons list? Is the SG9665GC really worth paying 2x as much compared to a A119? I do realize that there's excellent customer support for the SG9665GC and that's part of the cost too. Not sure how well supported the A119 will be with updated firmware, general questions, etc... But it looks hopeful so far based on what I've seen posted by @viofo and others.

if we sold the product direct out of China the price would be lower, the service would be a lot different also

Hi. The A119 is using the combination of Novatek NT96660 + OV4689. The SG9665GC is using the combination of Novatek NT96655 + Sony Exmor IMX322.
In order to see how the A119 compares to the SG9665GC, I think, it is better to wait until the A119S will be released, cause it will use a Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor (I do not know which one will be).

Hi. The A119 is using the combination of Novatek NT96660 + OV4689. The SG9665GC is using the combination of Novatek NT96655 + Sony Exmor IMX322.
In order to see how the A119 compares to the SG9665GC, I think, it is better to wait until the A119S will be released, cause it will use a Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor (I do not know which one will be).

will take some time for tuning, we are using the same sensor for another model we are doing

We're doing some 1080p60 models, higher resolutions currently do not have good enough low light performance to suit what we need, technology is ever changing though so it may not always be the case

Any chance that because of the A119 with higher end components and a few more things it can do, do you think that ur company would lower the selling price of the SG9665GC

it costs what it costs, that doesn't change because you can buy something cheaper out of China

yes they are manufactured in China, I'm not sure how you arrive at prices being wrong, if we just sold out of China they would be cheaper I'm sure, we don't do that though

yes they are manufactured in China, I'm not sure how you arrive at prices being wrong, if we just sold out of China they would be cheaper I'm sure, we don't do that though
Thank you for your quick reply. I must admit from everything that I read up on your SG9665GC, it really is a first class product and probably outshines your competition. The service Pier28 provides is probably one of the best in this dash cam industry for all customer concerns. Your firmware updates are consistent with quality control. So with that said, if I was in the market which I am to buy a dash cam, I definitely would choose the SG9665GC for good all around quality and.... a Seller that is great for the Buyer.

we don't ever promise to be the cheapest, but we do stand behind our product, service and the ongoing support and development of our products is a very important part of what we're about, maybe that costs us some sales at times if it means the product costs more than what someone is prepared or able to spend, I understand it's not for everyone, to get our costs down we need to increase our quantities quite significantly, there's a big difference with what you can do when you make 100,000 of something compared to 10,000 so we still have a way to go to be able to deliver better pricing through volume, when we can we will, it won't be at the mercy of service and support though, even if it does mean slower growth

Back