Bluetooth remote not working

Well, as I mentioned for six months the remote worked fine then one day it failed to work when pressed. I tried re-pairing but it failed to do so. After three seconds holding the button pressed the light on the remote started to flash red instead of blue indicating a failed pairing. The replacement does the same. Updating the firmware, restoring factory settings makes no difference. Now I've discovered that it won't connect to Wi-Fi either, all I get is a "failed connection" message. Still waiting to hear back from Viofo Benelux regarding repair or replacement under guarantee.

Well, as I mentioned for six months the remote worked fine then one day it failed to work when pressed. I tried re-pairing but it failed to do so. After three seconds holding the button pressed the light on the remote started to flash red instead of blue indicating a failed pairing. The replacement does the same. Updating the firmware, restoring factory settings makes no difference. Now I've discovered that it won't connect to Wi-Fi either, all I get is a "failed connection" message. Still waiting to hear back from Viofo Benelux regarding repair or replacement under guarantee.
This is probably stretching things, but are you using an Android or an iPhone?

You might try to reset your network settings on your phone if you haven't already done so.

For Android: Go to settings/general management/reset/reset network settings >>> then agree.

iPhone: not sure how to do it but I'm sure it's similar to the Android change...

I'll try that StayCam, not really hopeful as it worked fine with this Android phone from the beginning but who knows, it's worth a try. However when two problems appear at the same time it might indicate that the problem may be the phone?.

I think that he might be referring to the problem I'm also having with the failed Wi-Fi connection?

Contact Viofo.
Possible failure of the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module.

Thanks Karagandinez I did not realise a single module powered both. Just returned it this afternoon. Luckily it is still under guarantee so hopefully It will be sorted quickly.

I'm not confirming, just guessing.
How to check the button itself can be read here.

Yes I read this thank you. I actually posted on the thread but this did not work for me.

I'm bumping this thread because I have the same issue. I purchased my remote on December 23, 2022. It paired and worked well with my A229 Duo for a while, but now will not pair- I get the blinking red light. My search for solutions is not finding much. I've submitted a support ticket to Viofo.

I'm bumping this thread because I have the same issue. I purchased my remote on December 23, 2022. It paired and worked well with my A229 Duo for a while, but now will not pair- I get the blinking red light. My search for solutions is not finding much. I've submitted a support ticket to Viofo.
I got a quick reply from Bill Zhou with a link to firmware A229_V1.1_0105 and this has resolved the issue. Please note: This firmware is for A229, not A129.

Update: After installing the firmware (for A229) that Bill Zhou provided the remote paired and worked properly for a few days. However, it has stopped working again. The red light flashes and then stops and the remote will not pair.

Update: After installing the firmware (for A229) that Bill Zhou provided the remote paired and worked properly for a few days. However, it has stopped working again. The red light flashes and then stops and the remote will not pair.
I installed this firmware the day after you posted it here. After the update, I connected the remote control to the DVR and it has been working to this day without problems. Never lost connection.
Maybe the problem is with the remote itself...:unsure:

I installed this firmware the day after you posted it here. After the update, I connected the remote control to the DVR and it has been working to this day without problems. Never lost connection.
Maybe the problem is with the remote itself...:unsure:
Could be. Viofo is sending me a replacement.

@springerview Have you tried to just pull the battery out for few seconds? When I was testing multiple "genuine" and "non-genuine" remotes for my Viofo dashcams, sometimes they just stopped working and it needed a powercycle, then it paired right away.

@springerview Have you tried to just pull the battery out for few seconds? When I was testing multiple "genuine" and "non-genuine" remotes for my Viofo dashcams, sometimes they just stopped working and it needed a powercycle, then it paired right away.
I may try that, but if I have to keep fiddling with it to keep it working it’s not worth it.

I may try that, but if I have to keep fiddling with it to keep it working it’s not worth it.

I removed the battery and re-inserted it. Same behavior: red light flashes and it will not pair. We'll see how things go with the new unit Viofo is sending.

The latest firmware is supposed to fix this. I've been using the beta version until today, and the remote still would not pair if the camera had been turned off. Turning it off and back on allowed pairing to work.

The latest firmware is supposed to fix this. I've been using the beta version until today, and the remote still would not pair if the camera had been turned off. Turning it off and back on allowed pairing to work.
We want to confirm what " turn off" mean. If the camera is turned off (without power), the remote control cannot pair. If the screen just becomes black cause of the screen saver, but the camera is still recording. It is not normal to not pair successfully.

Back