Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

If you dont have special pry tool you can use a expired credit card to pry open the case.

Question about capacitors.
This cam uses 5.5V 1.5F combined super caps.
What is the Farad (F) value of each cap ?

EDIT : answer to myself (should have searched before posting) :
1/C = 1/C1 + 1/C2

Last edited:
Ohh yes, of course !!! :oops:
Thanks @jokiin

Hi,
I purchased the blueskysea G1W-C less than a year ago. Was functioning great till a week back.

Initially the screen froze after a minute or two after starting. Last time, it turn on and beeped repeatedly. The screen backed out and now it doesn't turn on at all.

I've tried removing the sdcard (Transcend Premium 300x). No luck. The firmware is the same as the day it arrived (I don't know which version though. Didn't Check).

Any advice?

Hi,
I purchased the blueskysea G1W-C less than a year ago. Was functioning great till a week back.

Initially the screen froze after a minute or two after starting. Last time, it turn on and beeped repeatedly. The screen backed out and now it doesn't turn on at all.

I've tried removing the sdcard (Transcend Premium 300x). No luck. The firmware is the same as the day it arrived (I don't know which version though. Didn't Check).

Any advice?

That is not an usual experience with these cameras as they seem to have a limited lifespan and the newer G1W cameras seem to be getting worse as time goes on.

"Advice?".......Time for a new camera.

More money spent up front on a better camera is often the least expensive approach in the long run.

Last edited:
That is not an usual experience with these cameras as they seem to have a limited lifespan and the newer G1W cameras seem to be getting worse as time goes on.

More money spent up front on a better camera is often the least expensive approach in the long run.
Well that suck.

Any suggestions?

I just ordered one and for $42 (plus card) I figured why not and better than subjecting my GoPro to this daily task (especially in the hot car) and looking forward to trying it out.

So my camera has arrived and getting ready to install... but i don't see in the manual about the auto power-off function found in the camera.
Any advice?

auto power off setting is how long the camera will stay on if in standby (not recording)

The shortest I have seen is 30 seconds with the firmware from spytec. With most others, it's 3 minutes.

don't think it matters all that much, it was more of a function used by battery powered cameras to save battery when accidentally left in standby mode

Can anyone tell me what the RED LIGHT flashing on screen means? I know I have seen info on this somewhere before, but cannot remember.

Thank You

That is probably it, thanks. Was not sure, have been getting a recording error. Reformatted the card, hope it is ok now

Still debating one of these myself....is the G1W-C really that bad now that we are in 2016? What better cameras are recommended if this one still has issues?

Late to the party, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I'm assuming I have a newer G1W-C (bought 3 months ago; Amazon). I haven't had any of the problems people have been talking about. Thing runs like a champ.

Two nights ago it saved my ass. Other party saw the camera hanging from the window and changed their story real quick.

.. da fock happened? Did they run a red light.. or something?

Back