DDpai Mini 2

I ordered off e-bay, seller estore009 (first listed for me on the link above). Mine shipped the day after I ordered. Just keep in mind returns will be a hassle (you'll have to pay return shipping, and it will be expensive), and there will be no dedicated support. My e-mail question about parking guard took two days to respond from ddPai.

So be prepared for all that.

I ordered off e-bay, seller estore009 (first listed for me on the link above). Mine shipped the day after I ordered. Just keep in mind returns will be a hassle (you'll have to pay return shipping, and it will be expensive), and there will be no dedicated support. My e-mail question about parking guard took two days to respond from ddPai.

So be prepared for all that.

Thanks for the head up, I still waiting for a review on this one before ordering it. Do you gonna hard wiring this?

Thanks for the head up, I still waiting for a review on this one before ordering it. Do you gonna hard wiring this?

Yes, I already have the VicoVation hardwire BPD I'll use with it. I'll be posting my thoughts on it after I get it and test it out.

Bought 7 of these last month. They were about 2,794 TWD which is approximatly $85 USD. My aunt from Taiwan bought it for me and then had another from bring it back to me. 3 of them were for me and the others were for relatives.

I love the compact form, I have a Blackvue DR400-HD and I have always been looking for a cylindrical, non-screen, small dash cam and this fit my specs(though it does lack GPS)

So far I've only installed one of the (the other two cars are recalled and we were given rentals). The packaging is really nice, lol. the materials and design makes it feel like a premium product. They include a nice long microusb cable, 12v plug, wire holders, trim removers. I wanna say the video quality is good, BUT I feel like my windshield might be messing with the focus or something. I need to fine a better location for it on my i3. The app has a slight learning curve and is fairly easy to use. Everything is done by the app, setting the welcome tome, parking mode delay, etc etc. You can trim videos, the button they give you will automatically save the last ten seconds, you can get a live view, and there's a social networking feature too. Also, the do OTA firmware updates with the app. So far I've gotten two already.

Anyways, here's a short clip

Nice, do you have a raw file to download?

Got my unit today. So far impressed, was able to connect to the camera immediately with my Android phone. App is pretty easy to understand and configure. Live feed is pretty seamless, some stutters now and again but it recovers quickly. Upgraded firmware to latest and am doing some testing now. Will have some footage probably tomorrow, compared to cameras I have - Mobius B Lens and SG9665GC.

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

I look forward to your comparison, especially night time quality against the SG9665GC.

I look forward to your comparison, especially night time quality against the SG9665GC.

Had a chance to run them this evening and tonight.

Evening - Mini2 looks much better than the SG

Night - SG looks much better than the Mini2

In fact, the Mini2 video at night looks nothing like Techmoan's M6 plus night time video. It's darker and grainier. Surprised, you'd think since they have the same chipset and sensor they would perform similarly. I'll have some videos up tomorrow and my initial review.

Look forward to your DDPai Mini 2 review. I have the DDPai M6+. The night time video is amazing like in Techmoan's review. Admittedly, don't expect to read night time licence plates (too blurry), but I can see everything around me. Even late night (11:30 pm), I can still see a bit of light in the sky.

One thing that I really like about the DDPai is the wireless remote button. It takes a picture and a 11 sec video, which is then AUTOMATICALLY saved onto my iPhone for easy viewing. No more fiddling around for the emergency button behind the rear view mirror and ejecting the SD card.

Could you also test the audio recording on the Mini 2? My M6+ has very muffled/weak audio recordings.

Look forward to your DDPai Mini 2 review. I have the DDPai M6+. The night time video is amazing like in Techmoan's review. Admittedly, don't expect to read night time licence plates (too blurry), but I can see everything around me. Even late night (11:30 pm), I can still see a bit of light in the sky.

One thing that I really like about the DDPai is the wireless remote button. It takes a picture and a 11 sec video, which is then AUTOMATICALLY saved onto my iPhone for easy viewing. No more fiddling around for the emergency button behind the rear view mirror and ejecting the SD card.

Could you also test the audio recording on the Mini 2? My M6+ has very muffled/weak audio recordings.

I'm putting together a split screen of the SG and Mini2, and after looking at it together, the Mini2 is indeed brighter at night, but much noisier than the SG. I think I prefer the less noisy SG to the Mini2.

And I agree with you on Audio - it sounds muffled to me. SG is vastly better.

I'm putting together a split screen of the SG and Mini2, and after looking at it together, the Mini2 is indeed brighter at night, but much noisier than the SG. I think I prefer the less noisy SG to the Mini2.

Here are 2 examples of night time on my DDPai M6+ for comparison. Is your Mini 2 noisier than these? Notice that I can still see a hint of the sky even late at night (which I thought was pretty impressive).

2itmucy.jpg

20jsaoy.jpg

Notice that I can still see a hint of the sky even late at night (which I thought was pretty impressive).

winding things up so you can see the sky is also what creates the noise, any adjustment will have a compromise one way or another

Here are 2 examples of night time on my DDPai M6+ for comparison. Is your Mini 2 noisier than these? Notice that I can still see a hint of the sky even late at night (which I thought was pretty impressive).

2itmucy.jpg

20jsaoy.jpg

My Mini2 looks similar to yours. My SG9665 is darker, but far less noisy, which I think I like better. I also have a lot of hot pixels. Not so noticeable, but they are there.

@Yooshaw, you must have really high standard about the noise. I thought my M6+ sample (above) was pretty clean. Glad to hear the Mini 2 is similar to mine.

Looking back at Techmoan's sample, you are right, my night time video doesn't look as bright as his. His 10:35 pm night-time sky is so much brighter. His video is May 29, and my is Aug 2, so my sunset is about 1/2 hour early, so maybe that is why? Or my newer firmware changed the quality?

Please post a screenshot of what you mean by noise and hot pixels with your Mini 2 vs. SG9665GC? Thanks.

Last edited:
Working on it now. I know I posted conflicting statements, and I think it's because there is so much less noise in the SG that it made me think the Mini2's night performance was off from what I saw on Techmoan's video.

Having had more time to review, they are pretty similar in terms of details. There's some instances where the Mini2 outperforms, and other times the SG outperforms. Videos/pics to come.

Here is another M6+ at 9:12 pm (sunset was around 8:30 pm). Sky is similar to Techmoan's:

1zpguo9.jpg

There's some instances where the Mini2 outperforms, and other times the SG outperforms. Videos/pics to come.

that will be the case with any cameras, you can always find some situation where one will look better than the other, there is no camera around that does everything right under all conditions regardless

Back