FoxOffer Dome G90 Dashcam Review - A7LA30, OV4689 CMOS

Have you tried changing the TV Mode from PAL to NTSC as that should then give you the 30fps options :)

Yeah it's a quirk of the Ambarella cams - if you set them to PAL they'll record in 25fps whereas in NTSC they'll do 30fps and the menu items will change accordingly :)

Yeah it's a quirk of the Ambarella cams - if you set them to PAL they'll record in 25fps whereas in NTSC they'll do 30fps and the menu items will change accordingly :)

actually the settings are available independently of each other, I think it's more a quirk of the engineers though

THANKS THANKS THANKS

PAL is 25fps because it comes from legacy 50hz interlaced stuff -> 25fps progressive. You can use NTSC no problem as all editors and players will decode it, I use PAL because I have a SD class 4 card which is theoretically problematic and don't want to stress it too much. Did not have any problems using a kingston class 4 card till now, even for extended periods on hacked firmware, but of courseYMMV.

Does anyone know if this will work powered from the built in USB port in my glove box of my vehicle? If not then any idea wher to get a longer charger? Like 4 meter or more?

Does anyone know if this will work powered from the built in USB port in my glove box of my vehicle?
Are you quite sure it is for charging?
I mean, my toyota has USB port but it's only purpose is playing music from USB memory.
What is your car and can you find any info for that usb port, i think all camera chargers are rated to 1A.

Last edited:
I have a 2011 Dodge Ram sport. The usb in my glove box plays music and charges my iPhone. I have a old iphone 4 and just leave it in for music and it's always 100% charged when I check it.

The usb in my glove box plays music and charges my iPhone.
Then i think it will work, if i remember correctly iphone charging port was rated for more than 2 amperes, so it's more than adequate.

I guess I'll buy a long usb cord and give it a go. It'd sure be nice to free up the cig lighter and hide the cable in the glove box.

I did some reading and i understand that your usb port is made exclusively to iPhone, charging and audio.
Since i don't have any product from Apple so maybe you should check is there anything special concerning these ports.
From my point of view electricity is electricity, but then again, Apple is Apple;)

Last edited:
Worst case it might need a usb charge only cable so that the camera doesn't go into mass storage mode - a lot of places sell 3 / 4m ones for the Mobius

Actually,we only got Ambarella A7LA30 chipest Camera for sale on Ebay;
Have no ideal of these A7LA60;
Regards, Vicky

Who have any ideas about how to unbrick this dashcam after a failed firmware? I did a burning cable, but the device is defined as an unknown device.

You should be able to get the G90 into DirectUSB mode by holding the left or right button while connecting a standard USB cable - you shouldn't need a burning cable for this one?

Not left or right, i press it together! But now another problem. What board will not choose in DirectUSB, the program does not see the device.

Back