FoxOffer Dome G90 Dashcam Review - A7LA30, OV4689 CMOS

So. Now I tried all versions of boards in the DirectUSB, program version 2.2.19. Program does not find any AMBA devices. Any ideas?

Have you installed the ambarella evaluation board driver?

In general, at the moment I stuck at this:
Brick.jpg
The same result for all types a7l boards:(

That's the wrong file - you need the ELF file to use with DirectUSB which is somewhere in this thread, I'll try and dig it out.

But basically once it's connected you'd do Erase NAND to wipe it and then click Download which sends the ELF recovery file to the camera.

Is it definitely an A7LA30 G90?

Hi, I just updated to BL950 firmware (Carcam_C6000A: SVN r4396)

Which is better R441 or this one (Carcam_C6000A: SVN r4396) ?
thx

Hi, I just updated to BL950 firmware (Carcam_C6000A: SVN r4396)

Which is better R441 or this one (Carcam_C6000A: SVN r4396) ?
thx
That's the wrong file - you need the ELF file to use with DirectUSB which is somewhere in this thread, I'll try and dig it out.

But basically once it's connected you'd do Erase NAND to wipe it and then click Download which sends the ELF recovery file to the camera.

Is it definitely an A7LA30 G90?

To be honest they're both quite old versions now - I'm not sure if Dome have a newer version for the a7la30 as I'm sure I saw one posted this week with a 700 something version number?

@Fandy, are there any updates for the BL950 / G90 A7LA30 that can be given out please?

I improved a little mount on the windshield. If disassembling the suction cup, seal the pin hole with epoxy resin, and then redrill a new hole 1 mm below the old (measured from the center) that suction cup starts much better hold and does not fall off even in the heavy frost. Under the pin I laid a little silicone grease for easier installation of mounting.
Islam Rzayev, It seemed to me that the 441 is much more stable and more comfortable than the version from blackview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi reverend,

I wonder if this G90 will work with a 64 GB microsd Class 10 card? You mentioned above that you would do a check so I would like to know if you did.

Thanks

Old camera and old discussion, but here's what happen to me today.
My G90 worked 10 seconds and then stop recording, it took me a while to realize that my dvr is ok but my TF card is stucked to read only mode and that's why dvr did not start recording, now i try to figure out is it gone for good.
Anyways, i notice also that Blackview has a newish firmware, there is gps and no gps models, i got this 20150320 G90 Ambarella A7LA30 NOGPS.
I don't know is it any better than earlier versions but to me it was new that now it can take timelapse videos, download link is there in faq txt.
http://www.szdome.com/service-faq.html

Attachments

• Dsc05597.jpg
    Dsc05597.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 7
Old camera and old discussion, but here's what happen to me today.
My G90 worked 10 seconds and then stop recording, it took me a while to realize that my dvr is ok but my TF card is stucked to read only mode and that's why dvr did not start recording, now i try to figure out is it gone for good.
Anyways, i notice also that Blackview has a newish firmware, there is gps and no gps models, i got this 20150320 G90 Ambarella A7LA30 NOGPS.
I don't know is it any better than earlier versions but to me it was new that now it can take timelapse videos, download link is there in faq txt.
http://www.szdome.com/service-faq.html
I'd upgrade but no longer have it. Do they also have for 7S no gps? I've to check that.

I gave the G90 3S to my relative months ago and she hasn't even mounted it in the car yet. :s

I gave the G90 3S to my relative months ago and she hasn't even mounted it in the car yet. :s
Oh, that's what i hate about women, sometimes they just don't understand what's important and what's not;)

One other discovery with these - ensure the camera is powered off, hold down the right button and plug in the USB cable to get the camera into DirectUSB / Ambarella dev board mode.
Maybe You know how to exit the dev mode, too? :D I now get black screen everytime I plug the camera in USB. Without attached USB cable it doesn't react to power button or others. Please Help.

Thanks. Didn't know the existence of such button. I think it's a compliment for such device. :)

Back