Help needed: recording while powered

redburgundy

Reaction score
I bought a fake GS1000 (firmware version 20121115) and it works as expected (sort of) when battery-powered.
But when powered by the 5V USB cable from my computer or from a wall wart, I get a menu that allows selection of either "Mass Storage" or "PC Camera" but selecting either one simply produces a black screen with the words "Mass Storage" or "PC Camera" in white letters. I can't pull up the Mode menu or turn on recording.

The manual says:
Connect to 12V/24V car charger as driving recorder

When used as driving recorder, it is required to turn on the Circulating Video Recording and Automatic Video Recording Upon Start On, at the same time, connect it with the car charger, when the vehicle engine is on, It will start video recording automatically; when the vehicle engine is off, the data will be saved, and the device will shutdown automatically.

But the menu that comes up when I select Mode does not have choices for "Circulating Video Recording" or "Automatic Video Recording Upon Start On". Maybe "Circulating Video Recording" is the same as "Loop recording"?

But what about "Automatic Video Recording Upon Start On"?

Or is the issue the same as the thread dealing with USB pinouts? Does the car-charger supplied with the GS1000 use a different pin for 5V power than standard USB cables, and that automatically turns on the recording?

redburgundy said:
Or is the issue the same as the thread dealing with USB pinouts? Does the car-charger supplied with the GS1000 use a different pin for 5V power than standard USB cables, and that automatically turns on the recording?

most often yes, if you use a standard USB cable it thinks it's connected to a PC, need to use the included power cable, if you have the wrong one there the config is the same as Garmin GPS power cables

Back