LCD issue. (Flickering)

sendoh_dash

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dash Cam
Viofo
Hi guys.

I just want to ask, what is the reason why my LCD screen is flickering. please advice. Thank you:)

Viofo A129 Plus Duo.

A flickering screen is usually caused by low voltage. This could be caused by a numbers of things such as too long a cable run and/or cable that uses wires with an AWG that is too thin, a bad or failing power supply or possibly (or though unlikely) even a slightly loose connector.

A flickering screen is usually caused by low voltage. This could be caused by a numbers of things such as too long a cable run and/or cable that uses wires with an AWG that is too thin, a bad or failing power supply or possibly (or though unlikely) even a slightly loose connector.
Thank you sir. is this repairable?

Well, yes but it depends on what is actually causing your problem which you will have to troubleshoot. If there is a problem with your cable you could replace it with one that has thicker wires (AWG), or just a new cable if your current one has developed a problem. You might need a different charger. Also, check to see if all the USB plugs are securely inserted.

Is the A129 Plus Duo set up using the original cables and power supply?

There are also cases of LCD screens failing though here i think they most often go strait to black, this are some times the ribbon cable that connect to the LCD that have come loose.
But in this case i am inclined to go with dashmellow

If you are powering the camera in a creative manner, you should try the provided power source as the first thing.

Back