Play back issue.

Das*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Plus Duo 2K
I have a A129 Plus Duo. My issue is when I remove the SD card and try to play back the clips using windows media player the front view doesnt play I just get what appears to be a music file. Yet the rear camera clips play fine. Have I got a setting wrong somewhere on the camera? I can get the front clips to play using VLC Player, but sorry im old school I like WMP.

Heres what the files look like when down loaded, the rear clips are all there to see.

1686841469919.jpeg

Front Camera play back

1686841403233.jpeg

I have a A129 Plus Duo. My issue is when I remove the SD card and try to play back the clips using windows media player the front view doesnt play I just get what appears to be a music file. Yet the rear camera clips play fine. Have I got a setting wrong somewhere on the camera? I can get the front clips to play using VLC Player, but sorry im old school I like WMP.

Heres what the files look like when down loaded, the rear clips are all there to see.

View attachment 65833

Front Camera play back

View attachment 65832
Do you mean that you can playback both the front and rear videos successfully on VLC? If yes, then your WMP player may not support the video codec. What video codec do you set? H.264 or H.265? You can change the video codec by long pressing the MIC button. Then confirm again if the other video codec can be supported on your WMP. If not, it is better to use the VLC player whose compatibility is higher.

Do you mean that you can playback both the front and rear videos successfully on VLC?
Yes.

Thanks the reply. I have no idea what a codec is but I will try to check the this later.

Tried this, nothing happened. Held it for at least 15 seconds.
You need to pause the recording by pressing the REC button first, and then press the MIC button to change the video codec, there will be a icon shown on the screen like this:1687155211583.pngIt indicates that the video codec has been changed from H.264 to H.265.

Ah ok. Right changed that, still doesn't work on WMP.

Ok thats it now. Must have had it on the Codec with 1687269551925.png already. Changed it to the one without that and its working now. Cheers.

@VIOFO-Support another quick question. Do Viofo plan on doing a desk top app?

Ok thats it now. Must have had it on the Codec with View attachment 65899 already. Changed it to the one without that and its working now. Cheers.

@VIOFO-Support another quick question. Do Viofo plan on doing a desk top app?
There is no such plan recently, but we will record your desire and do it if this is requested by more of our customers.

Back