Memory card

roadhouse

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all. Just picked up the G907s and bought a sandisk ultra class 10 micro SD for it.

The user manual isn't very helpful so can't work out which way th e micro SD goes in. :oops:

When I do put it in, it clicks in but is hanging halfway out - is that right? Doesn't look right to me. IMG_7716.JPG

Also doesn't register on the screen (icon of SD card still has the little x on it indicating no card inserted).

If I am looking at the screen on the camera, the SD card slot is on the left. Should the micro SD card pins be facing me when I insert the card? It is a really loose fit so looks like the card is the wrong one or the slot is faulty.

This model needs a TF card, which I believe is the old term for the micro SD?? This is the card I bought - look ok?
IMG_7715.JPG

Very frustrating (as is the 5 scecond battery life when not plugged in!).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be the right way around because it clicks in when put in this way, but it doesn't seem like a good fit as it can pull out very easily. Normally to get a micro SD card out you have to push it in slightly so it disengages before it pops out. Also it is hanging half out when engaged, when I think it should be maybe 95% inside the camera when properly engaged.

If I turn the card around, it slides all the way in without engaging in anything so I am sure I have it the right way around.

Wanting to know if someone who owns this can camera can look at my pic and tell me if 1) the card should be hanging out halfway when it is engaged, and 2) is the card around the right way.

if it slides all the way in without engaging that sounds like the correct way but the locking mechanism is broken

Last edited:
if it slides all the way in without engaging that sounds like the correct way but the mechanism locking is broken
Or maybe it's not pushed it in far enough, some cameras require pushing a little further than level with the surface using a thumbnail before they lock into place. It should only push all the way in if it is the correct way around.

thanks Nigel - scared to push it in further in case it gets stuck in there, although not much to lose I guess!

Anyway, turned it around as per jokiin's suggestion and it goes all the way in, and I can fell a little spring loading there when I push it all the way in, but it doesn't stay in - perhaps the locking mechanism is actually broken... It must be the right way now because when I push it all the way in and hold it, the camera registers that there is a card in there - it just doesn't stay in there.:mad: Now the joy of getting a replacement to Australia from GearBest in China... wish me luck!

thanks for the replies

On G90, the pins go towards the lens side.

You have to push it in further than you think. When you think it is all the way in it probably isn't, so just push it a bit further. I have to use the end of my finger nail to give it an extra shove. (It will not get stuck in there) If it pops out again then you did not shove it far enough.

To remove the card, push it all the way in and then let go. It will spring out to halfway and then it just slips out easily.

In your photo it is in backwards. No need to send the unit back to China it will work - just a bit fiddly.

BY THE WAY I thought 32GB was the max size but I see on the box it now takes 64GB

Last edited:
Hi Phil,

Did you test the 64GB on your G90? I am contemplating getting a 64GB but still unsure since there has been no reassurance of this claim.

Cheers.

even if the cam can't format it you'll generally find they work if you format the card FAT32 first

Hey jokiin,
Thanks for your speedy reply, If it bases on the idea of FAT32 then it should apply to any SD micro regardless of its size?

I can't believe I spent 8 hours scouring dash cams but now it feels i can find someone to speak to :). Cheers

even if the cam can't format it you'll generally find they work if you format the card FAT32 first

Also I noticed you mentioned on another thread that 'Sandisk cards are not the preferred option for many dashcams, great cards, but not for a lot of dashcams'. What are your preferred options then? Thanks

Hey jokiin,
Thanks for your speedy reply, If it bases on the idea of FAT32 then it should apply to any SD micro regardless of its size?

I can't believe I spent 8 hours scouring dash cams but now it feels i can find someone to speak to :). Cheers

not exactly but 64gb will work in most A7 product if formatted correctly, 128gb is a maybe, use this http://www.mediafire.com/download/1uoxmceff5tvo27/FAT32-Formatter.rar and choose 32768 as the sector size, sometimes you're lucky and the camera can format the cards itself, give it a try is the easiest way to find out

personally I use mostly Kingston but any decent brand is fine, Sandisk is best avoided, whatever it is buy from a reputable source, there's a lot of fakes out there

I have had my 64GB card in now for quite some time and have found no problems with it. Now sure what it cost me now, but I got it from JB HI and they matched Office Works(who where out of stock :) )

@jokiin, thanks for the link and advice :)

@Phil, Oh good to know it's working on yours. Sounds like your G90 is working alright so far?

Not until now I noticed the suction cup issue lol. I am still waiting for my one to arrive and test it out so fingers crossed.. :).

Also i'm concerned about the reliability of the G90 when my car interior gets too hot under sun as I park outdoor everyday.

Will keep you guys updated.

It gets pretty warm here, in Qld. Heat has not bothered it so far.

Sound is good but low volume everything else is good including picture quality.

I have had my 64GB card in now for quite some time and have found no problems with it. Now sure what it cost me now, but I got it from JB HI and they matched Office Works(who where out of stock :) )

Hey Phil, what is the brand of your 64gb SD card you are using for the G90?

Thanks mate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DeLorean G90 17
S G90 7
Back