Set up video for A129 plus duo?

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
New to dashcams and I got my A129 plus duo hardwired at best buy today. Is there any video(YouTube) of this camera regarding the settings ? I see lots of reviews but not about settings. I also for high endurance 256 gb thanks camera . It will be easier doing the settings and learning from a video then the tiny booklet?

This is the A119 forum.

This is the A119 forum.
Are you sure? :rolleyes: I bet you had both tabs open at the same time ;)

@smithdean I can't recommend a YT video but once you get into the menu things are pretty easy. The default settings are probably OK but I like shorter file lengths (1 min to 3 min). Set g-sensor to low, and set motion detect to low unless you're using parking mode. Set parking mode to off unless you want to use it. The rest should be fine as it is.

Phil

Are you sure? :rolleyes: I bet you had both tabs open at the same time ;)

@smithdean I can't recommend a YT video but once you get into the menu things are pretty easy. The default settings are probably OK but I like shorter file lengths (1 min to 3 min). Set g-sensor to low, and set motion detect to low unless you're using parking mode. Set parking mode to off unless you want to use it. The rest should be fine as it is.

Phil
The website says I should upgrade firmwares files and formats! But I don’t find a good instruction or a video to do these. Wish it worked right out of the box ! Any videos for upgrade and formats?

It will work right out of the box, but you should upgrade the firmware (FW) soon to get it's best performance.

Are you going to be using parking mode? Certain FW versions have a problem with that which is why I'm asking so that we can steer you to the right one ;)

Phil

Reactions: Mtz
The instructions are on the download page:

You may already have the latest firmware, check which version is currently installed using the menu; unless there is a fix or feature listed on the updates that you need, then you can just leave it as it is.

It will work right out of the box, but you should upgrade the firmware (FW) soon to get it's best performance.

Are you going to be using parking mode? Certain FW versions have a problem with that which is why I'm asking so that we can steer you to the right one ;)
Will not use parking mode as such things kills my new car battery . Thanks

Can I also mention one thing? I had my plus duo installed year at bestbuy but I stupidly told the installer to install the front cam to top far right of my front windshield. I made 2nd appointment today to move it to the middle , I will need a new glue stick latch since the current will ha e to be destroyed right ? Do you get extra in the package ? Thanks where is best location to install the front cam for 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe? I don’t want the cam to block sensors and also not be too visible or block my view when driving Thanks

Can I also mention one thing? I had my plus duo installed year at bestbuy but I stupidly told the installer to install the front cam to top right of my front windshield. I made 2nd appointment today to move it to the middle , I will need a new glue stick latch since the current will ha e to be destroyed right ? Do you get extra in the package ? Thanks where is best location to install the front cam for 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe? Thanks
All that is needed is a new sticky pad, and there is normally an extra supplied in the box.

To remove it from the current position the sticky pad will normally be "sawn" through using a thin thread/wire which will destroy the sticky pad but not the plastic mount.

Pl

You may already have the latest firmware, check which version is currently installed using the menu; unless there is a fix or feature listed on the updates that you need, then you can just leave it as it is

You may already have the latest firmware, check which version is currently installed using the menu; unless there is a fix or feature listed on the updates that you need, then you can just leave it as it is.
Pls check the screenshot and let me know if I have latest firmware or not and what upgrades I need to do and how. I haven’t touched the rear camera. Also what about format? Do I have to format and how? Thanks i I’m also have /be screenshot in the settings? Do I have correct settings? I didn’t want my the dashcam to drain my battery when parked so I turned off the parking mode r below that there is “rear camera mirror” what is this and should I switch it on?

Attachments

• 33314E3B-61C8-4BF0-8AB2-DF6D1207FE65.png
    33314E3B-61C8-4BF0-8AB2-DF6D1207FE65.png
    502.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 39814FFD-DFC7-4EB9-9866-ACD53F975F08.png
    39814FFD-DFC7-4EB9-9866-ACD53F975F08.png
    626 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Pls check the screenshot and let me know if I have latest firmware or not
It appears that yours is newer than the current version available on their website, so I do not suggest upgrading, because that would be a downgrade!

There is a format function in the menu, or in the app. They are the best way to format the card, and it is a good thing to do.

It appears that yours is newer than the current version available on their website, so I do not suggest upgrading, because that would be a downgrade!

There is a format function in the menu, or in the app. They are the best way to format the card, and it is a good thing to do.
So I don’t need to remove the two dashcams from my car to plug in to computer to download those 3 firmware files mentioned on viofo website? Also format means hit the format option on the dashcam or the app while the SD card is inside and that is it about formatting? What about the other screenshot I posted above about the settings? Do I have correct settings? What is a rear view mirror in the settings? I didn’t want parking mode cos I don’t want battery drained. I have new screenshots below pls let me know why I am not able to play back the recorded videos. They say failed to load when I try to play to watch

Attachments

• 75150C8E-CCAC-4DAF-B4B9-72C65D25AD66.png
    75150C8E-CCAC-4DAF-B4B9-72C65D25AD66.png
    851.4 KB · Views: 10
  • D987D63D-4F83-45F6-9374-DE3180EB835E.png
    D987D63D-4F83-45F6-9374-DE3180EB835E.png
    626 KB · Views: 9
  • 7822E138-5D7F-41D4-A79F-7A668559C37B.png
    7822E138-5D7F-41D4-A79F-7A668559C37B.png
    599.2 KB · Views: 8
So I don’t need to remove the two dashcams from my car to plug in to computer to download those 3 firmware files mentioned on viofo website?
Correct.

Also format means hit the format option on the dashcam or the app while the SD card is inside and that is it about formatting?
Correct.

What is a rear view mirror in the settings?
It mirrors the rear camera image so that it matches what you would see in the car's rear view mirror.
Most people have that off, they prefer a normal image, as though you had turned your head to look out the back directly.
Do I have correct settings?
You may want to turn the GPS Info Stamp on, most people do, but these are your choices to make, not mine.

pls let me know why I am not able to play back the recorded videos.
I don't know why.

I guess it is something to do with the phone, if you say what sort of phone and what operating system version then someone may be able to advise...

Correct.

Correct.

It mirrors the rear camera image so that it matches what you would see in the car's rear view mirror.
Most people have that off, they prefer a normal image, as though you had turned your head to look out the back directly.

You may want to turn the GPS Info Stamp on, most people do, but these are your choices to make, not mine.

I don't know why.

I guess it is something to do with the phone, if you say what sort of phone and what operating system version then someone may be able to advise...
Using iPhone 11 Pro . So I have the Parking mode turned off to stop battery draining when parked and I unplugged and plugged in back the cable and it turns on the dashcam and records even when I have my car engine shut off. Why is that? To turn off the dashcam again I had to restart the car and shut off the engine again and now I don’t see any lights on on the dashcam. But it turns on and records if I unplugg and plug in back the cable even when car engine is off! Also in the settings should I turn on WDR? Boot delay image rotate and live video source to rear?

Attachments

• 95BBF0C6-D717-4420-92D0-2502648E43DF.png
    95BBF0C6-D717-4420-92D0-2502648E43DF.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 3
  • E3FC0ACF-1392-4F86-8FE1-1924FB219982.png
    E3FC0ACF-1392-4F86-8FE1-1924FB219982.png
    635.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Using iPhone 11 Pro .
That should have no problems, whatever version.
Do you get the live view video? Is it only the playback that doesn't work?

So I have the Parking mode turned off to stop battery draining when parked and I unplugged and plugged in back the cable and it turns on the dashcam and records even when I have my car engine shut off. Why is that?
It does that, correct operation. Normally you will not be unplugging it, and if you do then you will not be plugging it back in unless you are then going to drive, in which case there is no issue.

If you ever want it to record while you are parked, maybe you park in a suspicious place, you can just turn it back on with the power button.

That should have no problems, whatever version.
Do you get the live view video? Is it only the playback that doesn't work?

It does that, correct operation. Normally you will not be unplugging it, and if you do then you will not be plugging it back in unless you are then going to drive, in which case there is no issue.

If you ever want it to record while you are parked, maybe you park in a suspicious place, you can just turn it back on with the power button.
Also in the settings should I turn on WDR? Boot delay image rotate and live video source to rear?

Attachments

• E712E1A1-023D-4049-8E9B-EB489957DD48.png
    E712E1A1-023D-4049-8E9B-EB489957DD48.png
    635.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 4AB0394A-053C-4A21-B24C-6BFA9D02C4C2.png
    4AB0394A-053C-4A21-B24C-6BFA9D02C4C2.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 7
You should definitely turn motion detection off, otherwise it will not work as intended.

You should definitely set your timezone, currently you have it on London time, and you don't appear to be in Antarctica, Portugal, Iceland or London.

Boot delay is normally zero unless you are having issues at startup.

The default settings are correct for most people, except the timezone!

You should definitely turn motion detection off, otherwise it will not work as intended.

You should definitely set your timezone, currently you have it on London time, and you don't appear to be in Antarctica, Portugal, Iceland or London.

Boot delay is normally zero unless you are having issues at startup.

The default settings are correct for most people, except the timezone!
The time zone are all GMTs. Different types of GMT. No selection option of any US time zones . I do however stil see the correct time on the GPS. What is the live video source settings and what does it mean? Thanks

The time zone are all GMTs. Different types of GMT. No selection option of any US time zones . I do however stil see the correct time on the GPS. Thanks
your timezone is at GMT 0 which means your time and date on the videos will be wrong, for the purposes of evidence collection it's better to set the timezone to your local timezone, eg -5 or whichever zone you're in, so that the time and date on your recordings match the real time there

Last edited:
What is the live video source settings and what does it mean?
Which camera is displayed on the LCD display.

If you don't set your time zone to the appropriate Greenwich Mean Time offset then the time on the videos will not stay correct for long after your phone is disconnected. You might have a local name for those offsets, but each is shared by many countries, yours is probably also used in South America and Canada, it would take a very long list to include all local names, hence sticking with the world standard.

Back