The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Note that the definition of fake is: "a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham, a thing that is not what it is purported to be."

So if a seller/manufacturer is indicating that a camera comes with a particular CMOS sensor and it does not, how is that not a fake as per the proper English definition?

Also note that Mtz used fake and false advertising interchangeably in his posts.

Last edited:
You say it correct in what it means, But you sure dont understand what the defenition means. Because it still is a genuine camera, it is not a forgery or sham and still a camera and works as it. !! and how it is used is in the context of adjective, so better you should have said "Not genuine; imitation or counterfeit", but I understand because you thought you could defend it on the noun ;-) but in both cases no imitation cameras, no counterfeit cameras,sensors or other electronics and it still is a genuine product. Only the information is incorrect (same as in this thread)

"Buying a car advertised as with a 2l engine and received it only has a 1.8,l makes it in this forum eyes a fake car ". lol you people make me laugh so hard. You dont know facts and have a strange way of implementing defenitions.

And I see what MTZ uses , just try to defend your buddys and since he uses wrong info on the sensors and thus telling lies (facts)then , in your defenition he is also fake.
I like it all the wanna be people far from reality. And immediatly know the quality of this forum within 1 day!!!

but good luck with your thread , and forum been here to long, not going to waste time any more

Last edited:
"Buying a car advertised as with a 2l engine and received it only has a 1.8,l makes it in this forum eyes a fake car ". lol you people make me laugh so hard. You dont know facts and have a strange way of implementing defenitions.

The word FAKE is also a verb so you can FAKE specifications of a product making it in short, "a FAKE". This meas that the "brand" is original but the product is FAKED so it's a forgery or a FAKE.

The word FAKE is also a verb so you can FAKE specifications of a product making it in short, "a FAKE". This meas that the "brand" is original but the product is FAKED so it's a forgery or a FAKE.

loool you people really dont understand the issue, fake is quite clear described in the dictionary (as the admin stated and even still wrongly used). I will give you one example why you are creating chaos with incorrect threads like this (because it still seem s that people have not read what I wrote.). not only the products are real, also the electronics are real and still keeps a matter of advertisement (and not even all advertised are wrong ;-). so if I give you a wrong advertised Gopro (and I am sure I can find it), you say it is fake and will be added to this list. please think again

And i will show you what your VERB is doing and how well people do understad it !!!!

I will just quote people from the internet and what they read in this thread ( or understand).

" Actually there are a lot of fake Sony sensors going around. There's a whole thread about it at dashcamtalk.com"

where people answer " I never was aware of the "Fake Sony Sensors" but everything is starting to make sense now. Thanks for the info."

So gratz on your perception of fake and wrongly used termilogy in this thread and also giving the wrong information(similar to the advertised cameras), which in your eyes, mtz and the admins eyes is similar to fake. So actualy you acknowledge that this thread is a fake !!!.

I will not react on this thread anymore since people try to defend their thoughts (completely ignore what I wrote and why I wrote it, because still think the initial idea was good as I wrote previous) and completely not helping others and creating chaos with calling everything fake or giving wrong information!!!

Good luck with the thread.

Last edited:
Good luck to you also buying an ORIGINAL camera mentioned in this thread that shoots faked 4K and uses a 4Mpix sensor which is interpolated into oblivion with FAKED 12,14 or 16 Mpix pictures !

I understand you want to distinguish between an item that is not genuine / forgery and something that is a sham (a thing that is not what it is purported to be). You consider something that is not genuine / forgery to be "fake" and something that is not what it is purported to be as "false advertising". However the definition of a fake item includes sham (a thing that is not what it is purported to be).

Fake.jpg

Some examples:
A car advertised with a 2.0l engine but has a 1.8l engine. It is a real car but it is a fake 2.0l car.
A Chinese made Rolex bought from a street vendor for $10. It is a real watch but a fake Rolex.
A GoPro advertised with Gyro Stabilization but it physically does not have a Gyro. It is a real GoPro but a fake Gyro Stabilized Camera.
A camera advertised with a Sony IMX117 CMOS sensor that comes with a different sensor. A real camera but a fake Sony IMX117 based camera.

If an item is falsely advertised, it is a sham (a thing that is not what it is purported to be). By definition, a sham is fake. You may not agree with the definition of fake but that is what the definition is.

Last edited:
If an item is falsely advertised, it is a sham (a thing that is not what it is purported to be). By definition, a sham is fake. You may not agree with the definition of fake but that is what the definition is.

interpretation of meaning quite often get lost in translations from one language to another, even in English speaking nations some things can have a different spin on them

Hi friends! I'm not an expert but today I test a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition(4k,12 fps, wide) vs my A12 DAB201 Ambarella dashcam(2560x1440, 29,97 fps, hdr off) on same moment and condition, static image. I was surprise but the A12 DAB201 have the best image, best colors and clear details in comparation with GoPro. Good day. Alex
I stumbled across a 201 thread here the other day but can't find it ATM. You linked to an Australian eBay site but your name says "usa" so are you in US and how did you acquire it?

I keep trying to find a dashcam that truly is an ACTION cam (too many sample vids for example are made in a city, at slow speeds) with no blocking/smudging i.e. has a very (VERY) fast encoder and am thinking the 201 is the hottest ticket right now!?

Oops right after posting this I find one here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01AYXZ45I
And another:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B019DDK068
Back on-topic I suppose, for this cam which supposedly does 2560x1440, the actual array size of the OV4689 is 2688x1520, which is 4MP vs the 5MP shown on the eBay listing. So any of the advertised resolutions of the thing are downrezzed/interpolated/CHANGED to get to these advertised settings: 2560 x 1440P (30fps), 2304 x 1296P (30fps), 1920 x 1080P (60fps), 1920 x 1080P (30fps), 1280 x 720P (60fps)

Certainly we can't tell from chipsets or specs what the mfrs are actually doing inside!?

Last edited:
Some examples:
A car advertised with a 2.0l engine but has a 1.8l engine. It is a real car but it is a fake 2.0l car.
A Chinese made Rolex bought from a street vendor for $10. It is a real watch but a fake Rolex.
A GoPro advertised with Gyro Stabilization but it physically does not have a Gyro. It is a real GoPro but a fake Gyro Stabilized Camera.
A camera advertised with a Sony IMX117 CMOS sensor that comes with a different sensor. A real camera but a fake Sony IMX117 based camera.

You can tell a Dutchman from a mile away.....but you can't tell him anything up close:D

GoPro have one that can manage 30fps in 4K, but after using the Git2 with Gyro at 60fps I wouldn't be very happy with only 30 or 24fps any more! Much rather have 1080 HD at 60fps, and GoPro don't have a gyro.

I was using the SJ5000X Elite today, its dashcam frame disintegrated when I went over a bump! The thin hard plastic around the brass thread looks like it has shattered.
And they are not cheap!

that goes well with the usual tactic, the fake processor, I know of at least 3 brands that screenprint different brand names on the processors they use
Sigh! I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a Hero 4 black!

@Gibson99 Dont worry I fully understand what you are saying and was hoping on a reply like this. The story was more about the word fake in this thread but I will take it then a step furter on the 4k issue because you actualy say most people assume their tv is 4K when it is actually UHD and they dont know the difference, right? I think most people agree on that part (even I do :). and So now everybody gets frustrated about the smart chinese sellers . I hope you also know the alternative name for 4K since you quote DCI related things, here it comes 2160P and for people who dont know it just watch YouTube select 2160p and what do you get 4K,

Do you think sellers in china are highly educated ? or are they just simple people who try to make a living, similar with a local store in each of our country, they have no clue what they are talking about or selling (offcourse exceptions , but same goes for chinese sellers) so if those people see 2160P from a recorded video, do you realy think they know the difference. (sure fraud is everywhere, so some know and profit). Do you realy think a newby who uploads his video to YT knows what is going on. The only thing I can agree that some specs say 3840 x 2160 (although you have to ask yourself the question, is it a lie or not because interpolated or not it nowhere says it is not and the algoritm used displays it).

So offcourse I know what people try to do in this thread, but behind everything is a reason and people forget this and start shouting "fake" it is not fake, it is only false advertisement, fake is if you have fi. two similar Phones where 1 is Original and one is fake with cheap electronics, examples enough, or if you think you buy a gopro and it is not). People without certain knowledge come here read storys about fake sensors and believe it and there are no fake sensors, only wrong mentioned specs.

I have a forum group with almost 800 members who own 1 of these cameras and if you see the average technical knowledge in this group that will say enough, so sorry again, but we dont need threads which are confusing people with wrong information, like fake cameras or fake sensors or wrong info on sony sensors or whatever. I dare to say that this is purely story making and nothing better then the false specifications on the mentioned camera's, and personally think the people who support this are no better than the sellers of these cameras, they think they know but dont. If they realy want to help people they just say it is sold as .... 4k with a ov, imx or whatever sensor but the real specs are as followed. Blacklisted cameras realy who do people think they are?? they not even have their own facts straight and correct, blaming chinese people while they are actually the same !!! A lot of people think they have the knowledge, come on be realistic.

So again I have said what I think about it, offvourse there will be people who will have others thoughts about it and I respect that, (aslong as it is proven with facts, instead of storys)
If it looks like a Rose and smells like a Rose...It must be a Rose! And if the shoe fits...Wear it!

Note that the definition of fake is: "a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham, a thing that is not what it is purported to be."

So if a seller/manufacturer is indicating that a camera comes with a particular CMOS sensor and it does not, how is that not a fake as per the proper English definition?

Also note that Mtz used fake and false advertising interchangeably in his posts.
The Gopro Hero 4 produces 4k video which is "native" a true high definition video, all the cheap cams are not native! They produce a fake, and fool gullible buyers!!

Good luck to you also buying an ORIGINAL camera mentioned in this thread that shoots faked 4K and uses a 4Mpix sensor which is interpolated into oblivion with FAKED 12,14 or 16 Mpix pictures !
Well stated techtronic9000

@tomintx

We just got a few DAB201 and DAB202s in if you are still thinking/looking? GPS modules (optional) won't be in until maybe early next week.

http://www.captureyouraction.com/co...ith-170-degree-viewing-angle-and-optional-gps
http://www.captureyouraction.com/co...ith-170-degree-viewing-angle-and-optional-gps
Can I ask, the 202 has a plain front, but the 201 has what appears to be grille(s). Are the grilles purely decorative or do they serve a purpose such as cooling vents?

Back