The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

The DAB202 actually has slits on either side of the lens. The speakers are behind there. On the DAB201, there are small "grills" on either side on the lens just above the larger "grills" and I believe the speakers are there. The larger grills may be for cooling, but not sure. FYI, I should have the GPS modules on Friday if that's something your looking for too. Let me know if you have any more questions.

The DAB202 actually has slits on either side of the lens. The speakers are behind there. On the DAB201, there are small "grills" on either side on the lens just above the larger "grills" and I believe the speakers are there. The larger grills may be for cooling, but not sure. FYI, I should have the GPS modules on Friday if that's something your looking for too. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks for that; I don't know how soon I'm going to pop for a new Dash Cam but I will check your site first. Was glad to find you are in the good 'ol USA...

:)

What are current or coming dashcam that have true / real 4K?
Any chance there is the list of real 4K cams?

tnx

tnx
Sony x 1000 4k
The Gopro Hero4 black
Ricoh WG M2 Amazon
Nikon key mission 360 coming soon

tnx

Reactions: Mtz
Hi MTZ,

What should I get if I want to record at real 4k? Thanks~

Hi MTZ,

What should I get if I want to record at real 4k? Thanks~
At what frame rate?
And is it for action cam or dashcam use?

Hi Nigel,

24fps or 30fps. I am going to use it as action cam. Do you have any good suggestion? Thanks~

What is the best action cam for 1080p 60fps? Within $100?

Hi Gibson,

Thanks for the reply. May I know where can I can the original Git2 with all the accessories at the best price? Thanks.

You can try on Banggood or GearBest.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Gibson,

Thanks for the reply. May I know where can I can the original Git2 with all the accessories at the best price? Thanks.
Limited quantity sale on GearBest, only 109$ for the Git2 Pro.

As it been stated the Novatek 96660 does not support the Sony IMX 117 nor does support real 4k24.

I created an account and posted this model with the idea of helping others and improving the list.

I have one on it's way and I might take it a part to see which chipset it's using.
If it's fake, I'll complain to the manufacturer since they put their "brand" on it and the 4k24 on the front.
The videos look decent on youtube, it's #1 in Amazon's Underwater Photography Camcorders, and the reviews are generally good.
On the bad side, the website is filled with spelling mistakes like "camerar" and "COMS" sensor which is less than encouraging.
I got it cheaper than buying a 1080p no-name cam from china and plan to only use 1080p60, so if it's even half decent image quality, I'll be happy.

Are these cameras generally easy to take apart to view the chips used?

Back