Turn WiFi on by default

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
Hi, is it possible to have wifi on by default? I'm trying to make a system to auto download videos from company cars when they pull up.

Hi, is it possible to have wifi on by default? I'm trying to make a system to auto download videos from company cars when they pull up.
If you are able to do a simple successful download, I would like to know how you did it. If you look on apples app site you’ll see how people feel about software and downloading.

I connected my network to it as a station, added a DHCP client, route and NAT, then accessed the dashcam's IP over HTTP and saw a list of files that are easily downloaded in a browser.

I connected my network to it as a station, added a DHCP client, route and NAT, then accessed the dashcam's IP over HTTP and saw a list of files that are easily downloaded in a browser.
Were you able to keep Wi-Fi always enabled? If so, how?

@viofo

Is there a way to share it with me as well? I would like to make similar thing for our cars?

Same here for eMMC please. ;)

Last edited:
@viofo Thanks! That worked perfectly.
If you are able to do a simple successful download, I would like to know how you did it. If you look on apples app site you’ll see how people feel about software and downloading.
Web interface is super simple, you could even connect to it with a phone and a browser

1616293087564.png

@viofo Thanks! That worked perfectly.

2.4GHz download speed is unexpectedly much faster than 5GHz FYI

Please check the PM, just send new firmware to you to support Auto WiFi enabled.
Can you please tell me, in A129 Plus Wi-Fi can work in Station Mode, or does this function only work on A129?

Does the instruction on the site How to Switch A129 Dash Camera to WiFi Station Mode with App mention only A129, or does this apply to all modifications of the A129?
I have not found anywhere mention of the Client mode for the A129 Plus, for A129, this function is only mentioned on the website (20 Mar, 2021 Latest A129 firmware is released, the version number is V2.1, Change log: Added the WiFi station mode)

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Even if the 2 names was mixed up in the camera, i would assume you could see on the phone if it was a 2.4 or 5.8 GHZ network signal.

Even if the 2 names was mixed up in the camera, i would assume you could see on the phone if it was a 2.4 or 5.8 GHZ network signal.
you see the wireless name, whether or not it connects at the speed that matches the name is what you would want to check

For A129 Plus, it is better to choose 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.

For A129 Plus, it is better to choose 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.
This seems to be a bug. 5GHz should be faster. Will its speed be improved in future firmware?

Back