Dionic90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Powerucc Panorama X2, Powerucc Panorama G
Just started a couple days ago. Running Firmware version G-90-A770-553-N-H

Shows up in photo mode also.

when in "playback" mode, the line is not there. Looks to be an issue with the sensor, no?

pressed the reset button but no change.

minor annoyance but would like to know what it could be.

again, this is a brand new cam. had this newest firmware on here for about a week or so.

im leaning towards a physical issue with the sensor.

Any thoughts gents?

Attachments

• Weird Vertical Line.jpg
    Weird Vertical Line.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 27
as I suspected.... ;)

If I change the resolution to something smaller (2304 X 1296), I get two lines.
In your opinion, no reset will fix this eh @jokiin ?

that helps. thank you. ;)

Daft question but can the exposed sun cause that sort of damage? Or even a laser type device? Just thinking dashcams are exposed to elements we wouldn't normally take a picture in so they have to be pretty rugged as we complain if they don't get a good picture in direct sunlight!

It looks like it's time to test out @JooVuu's warranty now though - just a shame you're so far away!

My G90 should land today or tomorrow - it left the local airport at 6am today!

yeah I know it's of zero help and wish I could offer you some hope of recovery but not the case unfortunately, no one wants to be the one that has to break the news about a death in the family

hahaha no seriously, thank you for the confirmation! :) thats why I put a smile there so you understood the mood is jovial and at peace!

The line could be all over the screen or a big white block like in the first one I had (remember? :) ) so its not a major kill. I even stated this in the opening post.

I would like to see about getting the cam replaced (again) and have opened a ticket with @JooVuu in regards to this. we will see how that goes but in the meantime and between time I wanted to ask on the forum if anyone knew if this looked to be firmware or hardware.

I too was leaning to hardware in the sensor because when I switch over to playback mode, the white line is not on the screen. this leads me to believe its the sensor.

again, im not sad or mad or upset. its hard to gauge ones tone over the internet. You really did help me @jokiin ... seriously you did, and I was not being sarcastic or mean.... :D

this cam is not a human and its not dead, just a faulty sensor it seems...o_O

As others have suggest the image sensor is most likely faulty :-/
It's probably nothing you've done as CCD and CMOS sensors can usually take quite a bit of punishment.
My old dashcam spent 2½ years permanently on the windscreen and live through burning summers and freezing winters in Slovakia and the UK and was fine (now relocated to the rear window) until replaced by my G90 A70.
Some lenses can discolour of may go out of focus (normally to one side) if they've used poor quality acrylic lenses, but the G90 uses glass lenses so this shouldn't be an issue.
Best send it back for a replacement or try replacing the senser yourself (perhaps with an even better one) ;-)
P.S. Laser damage tends to leave discoloured spots and splodges.

Daft question but can the exposed sun cause that sort of damage? Or even a laser type device? Just thinking dashcams are exposed to elements we wouldn't normally take a picture in so they have to be pretty rugged as we complain if they don't get a good picture in direct sunlight!

It looks like it's time to test out @JooVuu's warranty now though - just a shame you're so far away!

My G90 should land today or tomorrow - it left the local airport at 6am today!

the way the cam is setup, the sun never hits it. its sucked onto the dome (no pun!) lamp housing and not attached to the back window, so the sun does not hit it.

i have a garage at my place and at the job its garage kept so no heat or direct sun to affect it. good points though!!!

Well I had the text from DHL to say mine will be here by 2pm - I'll have to make sure it beds in before swapping over to the camoflage case :)

Well I had the text from DHL to say mine will be here by 2pm - I'll have to make sure it beds in before swapping over to the camoflage case :)
At least you have a time to expect it. The other day when my SJ4000 WiFi came, I was home alone and waiting all day, not to miss the DHL guy. He came at 5:45

That's typical that is - lately Amazon in the UK are moving over to their own logistics company and they're really awful. They don't even attempt delivery some days and things turns up a few days late. The other day they said they'd delivered something when I was stood in the kitchen and nothing even drove down then road. I've had a few months added onto my prime membership due to the ****ups!

That new SJ will be nice though, they do sound a nice camera.

I was just testing the WiFi feature on the camera and this camera works great as a live view security cam, delivery guy watcher. I could put the SJ outside connect the WiFi and use my phone as a monitor in my house. The range is decent and the view is nice and wide.

You should create a reality TV Show based on all the drama you've had with that thing. :)

ViXr7Ef.png

What was wrong with the first one again?

Ah that was when I was away - no wonder I missed that one!

Just done a quick night run. The sharpness even at night is stunning, just a shame it's dark.

I'd love to see how a higher resolution 3 or 4Mp Sony sensor stacked up against the OV4689.

Right, so to follow up on this fiasco,

I went to take the cam off the mount and the circuit board came off with it!

There were supposed to be two screws to secure the board to the mount, but there were NO Screws :D:p:rolleyes: !!

The mount was just held in there by friction i suppose, and when I went to remove the cam to troubleshoot the white line issue, that's when I discovered it.

@JooVuu FINALLY responded to my ticket after a few days of radio silence only to say he/she will reach out to Dome to see what they have to say.

I have a $40 USD Novatek Gs8000L that has worked solid for two months 24/7 with no issues with the screen or the mount, yet I can't get one of these $100+ USD cams to work right out of the box! I have had two and both have given me issues.:rolleyes:

Perhaps @JooVuu had a bad batch since he/she was the first to offer this for sale or the QC at the Dome factory is awful.

regardless, I can no longer recommend this camera. AS good as the image quality is its just not worth the hassle dealing with an overseas vendor who is the middle man to a factory with poor customer service.

So now, all of my dashcam eggs are now in Panorama X2's basket. I am grateful for @Pier28 to be active on this forum plus knowing they are a few hours away really helps in my decision on where to purchase future dashcam products and accessories.

Attachments

• Faulty Mount.jpg
    Faulty Mount.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 9
things can and do go wrong, try as we might, I think a lot of people undervalue just what a local seller has to offer when things go wrong

to quote an example at the other end of the scale, look at Apple products, no way are they perfect but the after sales support they offer is second to none, my iPhone 5 has been replaced 3 times already, actually every iPhone I've had has been replaced more than once, I still wouldn't hesitate to buy another as I know the support is there, you're not paying the premium for their product, everyone knows they cost much less, you're paying for the service and support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hogan G90 7
Back