Wifi Station + Parking mode question

Parthymon

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just installed the A229 duo and after a little messing around and reading, I got it to go into wifi station mode just fine and get on my home network. I was able to navigate to the camera's homepage where you can download the files, etc and I was also able to view the livestream with VLC. Here is the kicker though and I'm not sure if it is something I need to set or if it is just not possible. The ability to download the files regularly from the convenience of my pc over the network was one of the reasons I liked these cameras in the first place. I installed the a229 hardwired with the ACC and Battery fuse splitters. What I've found is that it seems like the wifi station mode only works with the unit is "on" with the car being on. Turning off the car, the unit goes into parking mode just fine and everything, but turns off the wifi. And upon turning the car back on, putting it back into wifi station mode is a manual process again.

Am I missing something here? What exactly is the point of the wifi station mode if I have to have my car running in order to use it? I kinda thought the point was to make downloading the files a less manual affair but clearly, it's easier to just take the sd card in and use the reader on my computer than you leave my car running while I download them over the wifi. Is there a setting or something I'm missing here to keep it in wifi station mode while parking mode is active and the car is off? Thanks!

So I just installed the A229 duo and after a little messing around and reading, I got it to go into wifi station mode just fine and get on my home network. I was able to navigate to the camera's homepage where you can download the files, etc and I was also able to view the livestream with VLC. Here is the kicker though and I'm not sure if it is something I need to set or if it is just not possible. The ability to download the files regularly from the convenience of my pc over the network was one of the reasons I liked these cameras in the first place. I installed the a229 hardwired with the ACC and Battery fuse splitters. What I've found is that it seems like the wifi station mode only works with the unit is "on" with the car being on. Turning off the car, the unit goes into parking mode just fine and everything, but turns off the wifi. And upon turning the car back on, putting it back into wifi station mode is a manual process again.

Am I missing something here? What exactly is the point of the wifi station mode if I have to have my car running in order to use it? I kinda thought the point was to make downloading the files a less manual affair but clearly, it's easier to just take the sd card in and use the reader on my computer than you leave my car running while I download them over the wifi. Is there a setting or something I'm missing here to keep it in wifi station mode while parking mode is active and the car is off? Thanks!
Have you tried turning on Wi-Fi with the button after the A229 goes into parking mode?

Have you tried turning on Wi-Fi with the button after the A229 goes into parking mode?
I haven't tried that. Should it be wifi or mic+wifi though?

Regardless, that also seems like a pita if I have to hit a button or a combination of buttons every time I get out of the car/turn the car off and still seems to be missing the entire point of having the convenience factor

You need to turn on the Wi-Fi station mode after entering parking mode manually every time your car is parked. The wifi will turn off automatically when the camera enters parking mode.

Hey thanks for the reply - that was what I was thinking, that the wifi turned off automatically when entering parking mode. So, just so I'm clear on the steps, in order to enter wifi station mode AFTER it has entered parking mode, do I merely hold the wifi + mic buttons? So the order of operations would look like this:

Come home and park, turn off the car.
The camera goes into parking mode and audibly said "Parking mode enabled" or whatever she says :)
Lean over and hold down wifi+mic buttons to put it into station mode (This is the step I'm asking for clarification on as the typical steps to put it into wifi station mode start with the camera "on" and not recording)
Go into the house, access the files, go about my day.

And if so, my other question would be that this then would take it out of parking mode (no recording/motion detection, etc), which is fine, just want to be clear.

Then when I get back in the car and turn it on, the camera automatically enters it's normal driving operation and I repeat the steps when I come back home.

Thanks again for clarifications

Hey thanks for the reply - that was what I was thinking, that the wifi turned off automatically when entering parking mode. So, just so I'm clear on the steps, in order to enter wifi station mode AFTER it has entered parking mode, do I merely hold the wifi + mic buttons? So the order of operations would look like this:

Come home and park, turn off the car.
The camera goes into parking mode and audibly said "Parking mode enabled" or whatever she says :)
Lean over and hold down wifi+mic buttons to put it into station mode (This is the step I'm asking for clarification on as the typical steps to put it into wifi station mode start with the camera "on" and not recording)
Go into the house, access the files, go about my day.

And if so, my other question would be that this then would take it out of parking mode (no recording/motion detection, etc), which is fine, just want to be clear.

Then when I get back in the car and turn it on, the camera automatically enters it's normal driving operation and I repeat the steps when I come back home.

Thanks again for clarifications
Yes, you are right. If you have keep the home spot information in the settings. You can just turn on the Wi-Fi station mode after the camera enters parking mode by pressing the Wi-Fi plus MIC buttons. The parking mode is determined by the ACC ignition condition, and it will not switch to normal mode when you do this.

Back