A139 Pro - Most stable settings

superclarkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the A139 Pro 2CH for almost 11 months now and never installed it due to all the issues and bugs I saw being reported, so wanted to wait until there was a firmware that was stable before installing.

• What are the most stable settings to avoid non-recording issues?
  • I purchased the HK3-C power kit, is this correct?
  • Can the newer A229 Pro rear camera be used with the A139 Pro, I.e can I upgrade to that?
  • Is the A229 Pro more stable? worth upgrading before installing?
  • Any other units on the market I should be aware of, as I was looking for the very best.
  • Best firmware?
Basically share what to avoid in set up to get best results. Happy to make some sacrifices for reliability, as its far more important to catch an event in lower quality then not at all!.

Thanks in advance.

1. What are the most stable settings to avoid non-recording issues?
  2. I purchased the HK3-C power kit, is this correct?
  3. Can the newer A229 Pro rear camera be used with the A139 Pro, I.e can I upgrade to that?
  4. Is the A229 Pro more stable? worth upgrading before installing?
  5. Any other units on the market I should be aware of, as I was looking for the very best.
  6. Best firmware?
  1. The default settings.
  2. Yes, although all the Viofo USB-C hardwire kits will work.
  3. No, to start with it is the wrong resolution, it also has the wrong connectors.
  4. The A139 Pro in 1 or 2 channel setup is about the most stable dashcam ever, I think the A229 Pro still needs a bit of time before a good judgement can be made, there are still a few improvements that can be made to the firmware.
  5. I think the A229 Pro is probably the best for image quality at the moment, it has a big advantage of HDR on all cameras.
  6. Just use the current firmware from the Viofo Support website.

I will install it and not mess with any settings and just let it do its thing in default mode.

After half a year of using the Viofo A139 Pro I do not indicate any problems. Occasionally changes the parking mode settings to suit my needs. There are definitely problems but it's more a function of the number of cameras sold.

The number of "glitches and problems" is dependent on the number of cameras sold and often incorrect installations or exaggerated expectations

1707998560407.png

Last edited:
This is good to hear, I didn't install it until I knew there was a stable firmware update. I only paid what it's selling for now, so it's not like I'm out of pocket.

Question, the bit rate, I know the 3ch version lowers bit rate, but is there a lowering of bit rate on the front camera for the 2CH unit? I.e am I best getting a second camera for the rear (maybe another A139 pro or A229 pro?)

I currently run two cameras in my vehicle, even though they could have had rear facing camera, preferred the duel camera as its less likely both with fail.. i.e not having all your eggs in one basket... which paid off when we had a front camera fail and someone ran into the back of us.. lucky it wasn't the other way round.. but you get my point one unit can take both cameras out.

Yes, there is a bitrate reduction in the front camera
4k 2160
1CH 58 Mbps / 30fps
2CH 45 Mbps / 30 fps
3CH 27 Mbps / 24 fps

The high bitrate conditions the quality of the detail resolution. The third camera is needed for taxis and such. Leave your considerations about a special rear camera to time and try out preferably the 2CH setup. The notion of best depends only on your operating experience and needs. Don't take anyone else's advice on this, a separate rear camera unit is probably not the usual solution.

a separate rear camera unit is probably not the usual solution.
A 2-ch version of the Viofo A139 Pro was purchased.
Reboots, refusal to record when the car starts moving, complete absence of recording files, etc. random surprises.
Tired of it.
Additionally, I purchased a Viofo WM1 and connected it separately for rear view.
I forgot all the problems with the main DVR like a bad dream.
IMHO, the processor is weak for 2 (and even more so for 3) channel service.
Safe driving everyone.

You could not find the cause (power, SDcard type and format) nor support or complaint was the solution ?

I, for electronic purposes, have my car serviced by a certified "Starline" engineer. He installed an car security alarm and DVR. With a one-year service guarantee.
It was he who, after a long search for the reason, advised me to stop at single-channel mode.

after almost half year with this camera, it still randomly stops recording things and will not respond to the buttons, forcing me to need to unplug it and replug it. essentially one of the most broken devices I have purchased. I have 2 cars and 2 viofo A139 Pros. Most Disappointing product I purchased, and as always the SD Card gets blamed as if the fact that implementing a standard that is known to be a big headache and problem is still used is sad AF.
However, I have not ruled out if it is my car causing the camera to freeze. I might need to buy a dam battery for it. Which is a PITA as my vehicles are fully electric, so with the car's giant battery should be able to handle this camera for months.

A 2-ch version of the Viofo A139 Pro was purchased.
Reboots, refusal to record when the car starts moving, complete absence of recording files, etc. random surprises.
Tired of it.
Additionally, I purchased a Viofo WM1 and connected it separately for rear view.
I forgot all the problems with the main DVR like a bad dream.
IMHO, the processor is weak for 2 (and even more so for 3) channel service.
Safe driving everyone.
This might be why I have problem? I have 2CH system(rear and front). I never thought the problem would be having two cameras on one dvr. I am so disappointed that it is actually a bad product. plus I live in a hot climate, I dont expect it to do well in the 110 F (>40 C) weather but it still happened in winter 40 F weather...

Back