For 3ch A139 Pro users, has anyone used the interior cam for R or L rear?

Droewors

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro
Hi gang gang,

I've owned my A139 Pro for about a year now and it has been flawless on 3ch mode and I'm not even using the recommended SD card on Viofo's list, go figure.

I don't do rideshare or anything of that nature so I was thinking my interior 3rd channel could be better served capturing a different view. Has anyone repurposed their interior cam to either right or left side? I'm thinking driver's rear would be ideal for merging situations and whatnot. Also I assume the IR leds can be shutoff in the app if done so?

TIA!

As i recall it should be possible to force the interior camera to be in daytime color mode all the time, and so the IR Leds not coming on
At least that is what my goop between my ears telling me from way back when i tested the vanilla A139 3 ch

Looks great but then that would require me to buy a separate 1ch solo camera for rear.
A119 Mini 2 for the rear with CPL Filter.
A139 Pro Rear = No optional CPL Filter available.

What type of mounts are those called, the ones for the cameras on the A-pillar?
I have mine mounted in the centre of the car, just behind the mirror, pointing sideways but angled slightly backwards, so it has a view of front and rear side windows, but that puts it a bit closer to the license plates that it may want to read than PP has got it, and closer to the side windows so that it can see a wider angle vertically, and gives a shorter distance for the cable. Not sure if @Panzer Platform needs a longer than standard cable for his setup?

I have a lamp cluster in that position, with a nice flat surface, so the interior camera can just stick to it normally with the sticky pad. You may be able to stick it to the bottom of the mirror, at an angle, although that is not good in many cars.

Also I assume the IR leds can be shutoff in the app if done so?
Yes, although it is not necessary unless you have it close to the glass, and leaving them on means that you can record people at the window at night.

PPs side / A pillat mounts look a little DIY, almost as id it is mounted to the headliner, maybe using magnets, i did that with a mobius in the old days as a side camera above the L rear door, i used a piece of metal folded over so you could slide the headliner in between the two pieces of metal, and then i had some neodymium magnets on the camera itself.

I like PP playing " the beard band " as i call ZZ top,,,, personally i prefer the old stuff but that's pretty much so with any band.

Remind me i do not have any ZZ top in the car atm,,,,, i think i better get back to MP3 ripping some of my CDs
Also like Blackfoot, but i do have some of them in my car.
Actually the album marauder, i couldent be without it.

What type of mounts are those called, the ones for the cameras on the A-pillar?
@Nigel

Back