got the camera, so far soo good.

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
got it, removed from packaging, failed to read instructions(on purpose) like the average person would apart from the ones that were shoved in your face in the packaging attached to the camera which is good, gives these people who don't read instructions a read it or else sort of deal which is good, they were to the point as well.
plugged it in, got it working, setup a few settings then mounted it on the window.
as usual i forgot to take off the lens protector plastic on my first drive but still got goo image quality. these protectors should be blue or something so people who look at the video realise that they have forgotten it, i took it off and didn't improve too much, but excellent quality any way.
so far it is a pretty good camera, only started using this this evening when the sun was half down and half dark and night quality is pretty good to date.
a lot of options in the menu as well im yet to work out and tweak.

I agree protective film should not be transparent, it should be a solid color of some sort.
I also " threw " the N5 in my car without reading manual, and it came out nice in the end.

Aside for me choosing to use a not suited memory card on day #1 and the consequently no alarm from the camera as it failed to record much, i have not found much to falter so far, granted i have also not looked in depth close on the footage yet.
I have tried to use motion detect parking guard, that blew thru my car battery pretty fast, but i am going to proceed with another parkig guard mode, probably starting that Sunday evening when i get home from my friends place.

# 2 and 3 memory card i have used in the system have been good, though #3 is pretty new and not yet filled up but operation seem normal as far as i can tell.

Eagerly awaiting more consistent summer weather to get back to Denmark, i have some tests i want to run which need a constant level of light ( clear blue skies ) and ATM / the past weeks the summer have been more like fall like and temperature struggle to hit just 20 deg C, and not forgetting rain in levels the Danish farmers have been praying for after a unusual dry month of May and June.

installed rear camera today although a bit messy job it works perfectly. app is nice and easy to use, connects to your phone easily, changing settings is easy.
just needs a beep for when there is no SD card in it so you don't forget to put one in.

Attachments

• 20230721_143740.jpg
    20230721_143740.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230721_143752.jpg
    20230721_143752.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230721_143806.jpg
    20230721_143806.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 12
excellent camera to date, all 4 cameras working good, no issues to date. next step is to hardwire it in using hardwire kit, so far just using cigarette lighter, hopefully do that this afternoon.

Back