Looking at A139 and A139 Pro - Questions Please

@Nigel

I owned an A139 3 Channel (Front + Interior + Rear) for around 1.5 yrs. It used the HK3 Hardwire Kit. The camera worked flawlessly until about 1 week ago.

1. Suddently, the A139 Camera started saying Wifi Disabled. Then Voice Disabled. Then Format Successful. Camera began to lag and buttons for mic and wifi would not function. It would go into a loop and the camera would beep and not function properly. Then go back to recording sometimes then Wifi Disabled, etc.

2. I tested reflashing bios multiple times (older and newer version). - No Luck

3. I tested deep formatting a few different memory cards (all Sandisk that worked before) - No Luck

Therefore, I bought a Front Channel A139 Pro. I am reusing the same Wires (front to Rear + Interior) Same Front + Interior camera from the A139. I am also reusing the GPS Mount from the A139 and Same Memory Card.

The A139 Pro works PERFECTLY so far over the past 2 days on all the old hardware from the A139!

Now here is where I am lost.

I bench tested the A139 over a few days plugging it in via a phone charger brick and usb ---> usb-c cord. I have a spare interior camera.

1. I tested the A139 by itself, and it "worked" OK.

2,, I tested the interior camera (2 channel) both in the Interior Port and Rear Camera Port. The A139 Functioned OK.

3. I tested using a Sandisk High Endurance and the Camera worked OK (same card I used when A139 plugged into HK3)

The only variables I have not been able to bench test on the old A139 are 3 Channel (only have 1 spare interior camera) and to see if the old GPS module is an issue. Yet, the A139 Pro works fine on the old GPS module. I didn't want to scrape it off my window so I plugged in the A139 Pro GPS Module to the A139.

Other than GPS Module or the A139 Camera not working in 3 Channel / having a fault in 3 channel, I am at a loss. I have troubleshooted everything I can think of honestly.

So honestly, I am STUMPED. For lack of not wanting to scrape off OLD GPS module and for Not wanting to keep unplugging and plugging in small cables for fear of damage, I didn't test A139 in 2 Channel or 1 Channel inside the car. Only 2 channel and 1 Channel in Bench test.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:
I tested and so have the A139, but i do not have the A139 PRO so i am not able to test if this is a option to reuse the old interior and rear camera.

So far so good. I like the A139 Pro. Everything is working well with the Old Hardware from the A139. Meaning I didn't have to tear down the GPS Module, Interior, or Rear Camera. That saves a lot of headache, for anyone that is curious.

Any Ideas?
Given the symptoms, I still think it has to be an internal problem, possibly a loose ribbon cable inside.
Otherwise, I have no ideas.

Good the hear the Pro is working well, mine has been very reliable.

Given the symptoms, I still think it has to be an internal problem, possibly a loose ribbon cable inside.
Otherwise, I have no ideas.

Good the hear the Pro is working well, mine has been very reliable.

I couldn't get casing open. Not sure if I need thinner plastic tool to go around the case, but I didn't want to break it trying to open. I guess if Viofo can't help, then I'll take another look and see if I can figure it out.

Correct. A139 Pro seems solid and reliable. So far no issues, which means the Interior Camera, Rear Camera, Hardwire Kit, and Cabling from the A139 were not the issue. The A139 Front cam has a fault somewhere.

Last edited:
Back