Vantrue N5: 4 channel dashcam with industry-leading advanced features.

At least me, i didn't heard of a batterry to last 10 years. But 5,6 years yes, of course.
It does depend on the usage, the driving profile, temperatures, and the capacity of course.
I know several cars that have batteries older than 8-9 years and are still going strong.
Anyway, i don't think that any parking mode kit should alow voltage under 12,2V on classic engine cars.
This also depends on your battery type. But it has its advantages to set the voltage higher. Less deep discharge allows for a longer battery life.

Street guardian - Viofo ASO allow all the way down to 11.8 volts cut off, but you should not go there with a lead acid battery, 12.2 Volts i think is said to be OK and should not cut into battery life.

When i changed battery on my 2012 car a few years ago, it look and worked fine, but a camera had problems that went away with the new battery
But before that i never used parking guard on any dashcam, so for sure not their fault my original battery only lasted 8 years.

I think someone in here also posted once that he had a battery replaced in a shop, and a few weeks later it was toast, but that was manufactory flaw on the battery not deep cycling.
Just like i have had memory cards in good brand names, barely being able to fill them 1 time before they died on me,,,,, some times you get a dud,,,,,,,, which are also OK with cheap stuff, but people like NASA ASO, well their expensive rockets bloody well better work and work perfect.

If i was in need of long duration parking guard, i would put a #2 battery in my car ( plenty room for it where AC would be installed, and even a big battery not like the 50 Ah one i put in ( 45 AH factory )
And then i would probably go for a AGM battery as they handle deep cycle better as i understand it.
And then of course have a charge / discharge splitter so your car battery are safe.

A car battery charge pretty damn fast as i understand it, so 30 - 40 - 50 A, and then like phones in slow once it near 100 %
Dedicated dashcam power packs only charge with 15 A or so at the MAX, and they too slow to a trickle when approaching 100% charge, so with same capasity as a AGM battery, you would have to drive more to recharge a dedicated power pack.

Last edited:
Interesting development. But I usually keep the Hardwire Kit out of sight.
For the new Hardwire Kit, you will need to come up with a new place where it will be visible.
Yes, it must be an easy to see voltage display,
I will send one to you, to adapt your car, and welcome feedback to Vantrue, because the interior space of each brand car is different. Vantrue Hardwire Kit will also improve the ID design to adapt to the interior space of different car brands, so as to achieve aesthetics, aesthetics is also the direction of our efforts.

Indeed.
My friend drive a older Mercedes wagon, and its fuse box are in the cabin on the Right side behind the rear seat, very convenient to get to, you can sit in a comfortable position and "play " with the different fuses.

My car are bad, and worst of all, i think i have to find 2 more fuses, CUZ it is now more common for dashcam brands to supply hard wire kit, but the one kit i already have, i have run 2 systems on 3 + 2 cameras and gotten by with the 5 A fuse in the adapters.
I suppose i could put in a bigger fuse, but i would prefer to just look for 2 new fuses to tap into, or at the least one new always on, i suppose i could share the ACC line with more than 2 systems.

Also i will install some screw terminals so its more easy to connect new cameras there VS now where i solder wires together and use shrink wrap to cover the bare soldering.

" aesthetics " We Danes do love good design, that is relaxed clean design, you would not see a Danish designer design a PC with lots of RGB light in it.

Indeed.
My friend drive a older Mercedes wagon, and its fuse box are in the cabin on the Right side behind the rear seat, very convenient to get to, you can sit in a comfortable position and "play " with the different fuses.

My car are bad, and worst of all, i think i have to find 2 more fuses, CUZ it is now more common for dashcam brands to supply hard wire kit, but the one kit i already have, i have run 2 systems on 3 + 2 cameras and gotten by with the 5 A fuse in the adapters.
I suppose i could put in a bigger fuse, but i would prefer to just look for 2 new fuses to tap into, or at the least one new always on, i suppose i could share the ACC line with more than 2 systems.

Also i will install some screw terminals so its more easy to connect new cameras there VS now where i solder wires together and use shrink wrap to cover the bare soldering.

" aesthetics " We Danes do love good design, that is relaxed clean design, you would not see a Danish designer design a PC with lots of RGB light in it.
Aesthetics are very interesting and worth exploring. People living in different regions have different styles, I especially want to know which model Dashcam of Vantrue is more suitable for the Danish market style.

The battery in my car is 3 years old. All this time there is at least one DVR connected via a HARDWIRE KIT with a cutoff of 11.8V.
I also have an additional voltmeter installed in my car, and turning on the ignition, I see the battery voltage in my car, which is 11.6-11.8V minimum. The engine in the car is 2.2 diesel. There were no problems with starting the engine at this battery voltage at temperatures down to -10 ° C.
But usually with the onset of winter, I set the cutoff to HARDWIRE KIT = 12.2V. I haven't seen any problems with the battery yet.

...because the interior space of each brand car is different. Vantrue Hardwire Kit will also improve the ID design to adapt to the interior space of different car brands, so as to achieve aesthetics, aesthetics is also the direction of our efforts.
I think the hardwire kit won't fit BMW cars that well if you want to be able to see the voltage from the driver's seat.
Many modern BMWs have the fusebox that you would want to tap into in the rear. In these cars, you would only be able to place it in the rear with the stock cable length and even then you likely wouldn't be able to reach the dashcam on the windshield. How useful it is in the rear where you normally don't see it is the other question.
To be able to use the VIOFO hardwire kit in my BMW I had to extend the cables.
Just some information for you.

I haven't seen any problems with the battery yet.
How long do you drive every day and how long does the parking mode operate?
If it gets charged nearly completely this will work fine of course.

How long do you drive every day and how long does the parking mode operate?
If it gets charged nearly completely this will work fine of course.
I don't travel much at the moment. The parking mode is set in the menu to 12 hours.
Sometimes the battery is not enough for the entire monitoring time.
But if I drive to the parking lot for at least 1 hour, then the A229 Duo watches the parking lot for 12 hours.

Danish design are often very discreet, so not flashy things ASO, you can look at current and older B&O audio and TV equipment.

237175-c1b38699-vintage_bang__olufsen_system_mc40_rosewood_cabinet.jpg

Denmark also have a good history in furniture design / making, and here we do not talk Ikea, O no proper stuff.

iu

1950 presidential debate between Kennedy and Nixon, sitting in Danish Wegner design chairs, a chair a American interior design magazine called the most beautiful chair in the world.
To this day those chairs are collected, and also made.
150922134406-14-tbt-kennedy-nixon-debate-restricted-super-169.jpg

Mind you we also think different some times, you can see that at the Sydney opera house which was designed and build by a Danish architect.
Different to that, well just look at the opera house in Copenhagen, also at the water side, but a much less brave design

We actually have a TV show here, it is 5-6 furniture designers, competing in creating the next classic design, so they get to make different kinds of furniture and lamps ASO
That program have been running for a few years now.

Sometimes the battery is not enough for the entire monitoring time.
But if I drive to the parking lot for at least 1 hour, then the A229 Duo watches the parking lot for 12 hours.
This is about the same recording/driving duration I get in my car.
In the winter the parking recording time is a bit decreased of course.

Some information from the internet. :cool:

Attachments

• user-manual-6548852.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • External-Photos-6548771.pdf
    783 KB · Views: 9
  • Internal-Photos-6548795.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Dear customers,

We would like to extend our sincere apologies regarding the delay in shipping the pre-order of our N5 Dash Cam. Due to unforeseen circumstances during transportation, our shipments have been delayed in reaching our warehouses, resulting in the inability to fulfill orders on time. We understand the frustration this may cause, and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For customers in the United States, we kindly ask for an additional 3-5 business days before we can complete the shipment. For customers in Japan and Europe, we kindly ask for an additional 7-10 business days. Rest assured that we are working diligently to expedite the delivery process and coordinate with our logistics partners for swift delivery.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. We will closely monitor the progress of your order's shipment and provide timely updates on the delivery details. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Best regards,

Vantrue Team

That sensing area, like Zones / fence on CCTV cameras, i am not sure if it is useful or not.
BUT ! for sure it is no hurt, and we must try things to see if they are good for us or not

I do also use AI motion detect on my parked car, but still some times the high wind like the last few days, will generate notifications, even if only moving vehicles or humans near my car should set off notification.
But i think i know what the problem is, so i am going to look into that soon.
AI motion detection may use algorithms and computer vision techniques to detect and analyze motion in a given environment. Sometimes there are errors.
Vantrue Dashcam's motion detection area setting allows you to define specific regions for motion detection manually within a given camera's field of view. In a familiar parking environment, you can directly set up the accurate detection area manually.
Vantrue dashcam's motion detection function not only supports choosing the scope of detection area but can also be adjusted up and down, left and right, which can help to avoid useless areas like the sky (we've had customer feedback that sometimes even clouds or weather changes are recorded).

Indeed.
These errors are also quite easy to deal with as even then they are not many, the thing that do it i think is the bush my car are parked beside, i have seen cats and a few other smaller animals scurry around the car but they do nit trigger a event.

Picture, Vantrue E2 system still in car.
car.jpg

Where i park, that is actually directly in front of the gateway thru the buildings, so parking there with motion detect on, it would be nice to not having the middle 1/3 of the frame detecting motion.
Also to the R side not that much to see due to the bush / hedge.

The biggest problem is no light there at night, only a small PIR LED light on my building, and it will just illuminate anyone approaching my car from behind, so might be more bad than good.

AI motion detection may use algorithms and computer vision techniques to detect and analyze motion in a given environment. Sometimes there are errors.

Does the N5 have AI?

When the light is low, the low light night vision function will be automatically turned on under parking mode. In addition, you can try to increase the EV value to compare which of the two effects is better.
Where i park, that is actually directly in front of the gateway thru the buildings, so parking there with motion detect on, it would be nice to not having the middle 1/3 of the frame detecting motion.
Also to the R side not that much to see due to the bush / hedge.

The biggest problem is no light there at night, only a small PIR LED light on my building, and it will just illuminate anyone approaching my car from behind, so might be more bad than good.

In all fairness these days, with Denmark being as far north as it is, well the dark part of the night are fairly short
But in winter it is the other way around, and even more so now when snow on the ground are rare here.

To be honest i have never looked at parking guard footage made when it is dark, but once in a while i do come home late or take a short drive late in the evening.

At home no problem though as you can see with the frame grab of my CCTV camera, i have higher hopes for it being able to give me something useful VS any dashcam in parking guard ( CCTV camera on IMX 335 )

Does the N5 have AI?

At present, vantrue dashcam motion detection range is directly realized by the algorithm of Sensor and chipset itself. Comparing different frame rates, and start recording when the difference is greater than the set threshold; In terms of region setting, only local recognition is done through the custom detection range, ignoring the area outside the selection range, which is an exclusive design of Vantrue dashcam.

We are still testing AI intelligence detection on our new product.

Back