Vantrue S1 Pro Structural Design

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Introducing our latest S1 Pro dashcam:

Vantrue S1 Pro is equipped with a high-Performance DSP (Digital Signal Processor), which can independently process front and rear video feeds for seamless performance.

FRONT Camera: SONY STARVIS IMX675, Sony STARVIS 2 technology offers better resolution and clarity than its previous version.

REAR Camera: SONY IMX307 sensor, coupled with SONY STARVIS technology for exceptional night vision

RESOLUTION: 2.5K (1944P) + 1080P resolution

WIDE-ANGLE PERSPECTIVE: Extensive 160-degree front and 165-degree rear field of view with large-aperture wide-angle lenses

We are still actively working on external 4G connectivity for remote monitoring, intercom functionality, and AI-powered parking surveillance

(Coming Soon - stay tuned for updates!)

We invite you to share your insights about the Vantrue S1 Pro dashcam in this forum.

Attachments

• 0D0D94A3-01AC-44b5-B1C8-BD7B37460439.png
    0D0D94A3-01AC-44b5-B1C8-BD7B37460439.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 5ECCB714-9545-46fd-915B-77C4EFED988F.png
    5ECCB714-9545-46fd-915B-77C4EFED988F.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 28
  • EA6530E7-4947-4c7f-B53A-FE7163D21414.png
    EA6530E7-4947-4c7f-B53A-FE7163D21414.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
REAR Camera: SONY IMX307 sensor, coupled with SONY STARVIS 2 technology for exceptional night vision
There is no STARVIS 2 in the IMX307! The front sensor has STARVIS 2, you have got them mixed up.

I'm having difficulty understanding how people are going to view the LCD screen, it appears to be covered by opaque plastic...

There is no STARVIS 2 in the IMX307! The front sensor has STARVIS 2, you have got them mixed up.
There has also been an error in the N4 Pro product page claiming the rear camera to be Starvis 2 as well.
I notified Jeff of this issue and it has now been changed.

I'm having difficulty understanding how people are going to view the LCD screen, it appears to be covered by opaque plastic...
It's only the render.
Here is a normal picture.

External 4G ? But why ?
Jesus.. I wish there was a proper 4G dashcam without manipulation and addons

It would be excellent if the rear sensor was the 1080p starvis 2 one, but if its " just " the IMX 307 i am OK with that too.
What would be my main wish was that the front 4K sensor got the best possible circumstances to generate more than OK footage, here i mainly think bitrate CUZ i am beginning to feel 4K systems are starved on this and so the nice sensors / hardware are artificially held back.

Weather the 4G hardware are internal or offset on the outside dont worry me too much, even if the Danish design guy deep inside me would probably gravitate to internal 4G for esthetic reasons.
But i can see the + of going external as then you could use the same 4G unit for multiple models.

Also i am a bit sad that many if not most cameras today do not have any sideways angling of the lens, you sort of need that if you are forced to mount a bit offset to a side on the windscreen, CUZ in that case the ability to swivel the lens a few degrees sideways to compensate for the curve on the windscreen would be nice.

What would be my main wish was that the front 4K sensor got the best possible circumstances to generate more than OK footage, here i mainly think bitrate CUZ i am beginning to feel 4K systems are starved on this and so the nice sensors / hardware are artificially held back.
The manufacturer claims that the front sensor on this model is SONY STARVIS 2 IMX675, which cannot 4K in any way. :unsure:

We invite you to share your insights about the Vantrue S1 Pro dashcam in this forum.
Well, what can I say about this model without holding it in my hands ...:unsure:
The idea is good and interesting, but what happens in reality is not yet known to anyone.
Let's hope that it will meet the expectations of both the manufacturer and buyers.:cool:

Okay.
I dont know where i gotten into my mind the S1pro would be a 4k system.
BUT i wouldn't mind seeing 1440p sensors getting more wriggle room too, at least looking at 1440p cameras for a while now, those too i feel are restrained on the bitrate.
Again its a damn thing CUZ ignoring the thermal challenge, sprinkling more bitrate on top just give you even larger files, and i do feel where we are now is just about what i would like to hit a little memory card with.
I would not mind with another kind of storage media to have 1 GB 3 minute files, or maybe less if codecs like AV1 was brought into dashcams, but that again mean you need a fairly fast way to retrieve footage from cameras.

Though i do think in that future i would settle for just picking event files from a dashcam, i more or less only do that now,it is pretty much only when i do my irregular file structure inspections that i look at all of the content of a memory card.

It looks like the lens is housed in a ball & socket connector.

@Jeff_Vantrue do you know the range of vertical angle adjustment? i.e. minimum and maximum windscreen angle?

Introducing our latest S1 Pro dashcam:

Vantrue S1 Pro is equipped with a high-Performance DSP (Digital Signal Processor), which can independently process front and rear video feeds for seamless performance.

FRONT Camera: SONY STARVIS IMX675, Sony STARVIS 2 technology offers better resolution and clarity than its previous version.

REAR Camera: SONY IMX307 sensor, coupled with SONY STARVIS technology for exceptional night vision

RESOLUTION: 2.5K (1944P) + 1080P resolution

WIDE-ANGLE PERSPECTIVE: Extensive 160-degree front and 165-degree rear field of view with large-aperture wide-angle lenses

We are still actively working on external 4G connectivity for remote monitoring, intercom functionality, and AI-powered parking surveillance

(Coming Soon - stay tuned for updates!)

Well.. i was looking for 4K starvis 2 lte dashcam.
unfortunately that won’t be the one :/

Wonder if they switched to usb-c yet on this model

Not traditional wedge, but i think it will be acceptable for my personal preference at least.
I am a little ??? about the design around the lens itself, but it might be to fit a better CPL filter, or as in my dji Action camera where that part are also sort of the heat sink, at least it get insanely hot that part of my action camera.

But since here it is something that can move around or at least up and down, i dont think heat transfer is the reason for that design.

I must say i do like the way the SD card are sort of hidden if it was not for the stamp on the body, a person in a hurry would for sure not find it easy :)

a person in a hurry would for sure not find it easy :)
Or a person who can't twist their body and neck into a position where they are able to see, then they are likely to put the card in the wrong slit, looks impossible to feel where to put it!

Back