VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

I don't think so, then what's the point of having HDR Timer function ?

Contact Viofo directly. The same thing happened on Mini and they fixed it, I gave a link to the post above.
Perhaps in the next firmware for v3 they will fix this error.
Thanks, just created a ticket with them. Can you confirm what firmware are you using ? I noticed in the older posts that people were using 60p day and 30p with HDR on using the HDR timer (by that time the HDR setting was called Auto), are you using this old firmware for your v119 V3 ?

During the day there is no HDR anywhere, the inscription can be made any !!
The pictures are exactly the same!!

During the day there is no HDR anywhere, the inscription can be made any !!
The pictures are exactly the same!!
I don't understand, can you clarify ? People in the video comments say that they move between 60 FPS HDR off and 30 FPS HDR on using the HDR timer function. You are saying that this is only possible by manually setting, then what's the point of Viofo implementing HDR Timer ?

When switching HDR there will be a pause between files ~ 5 sec!!
She's not in the video...
I don’t think that VIOFO will do such a function, a pause - is very bad !!

P.S.
And user comments are just assumptions, nothing concrete.

Last edited:

P.S.
ok so you are saying that it's normal that 60 FPS 1440p resolution does not switch to HDR with HDR Timer ?

What settings are you using for resolution, exposure and HDR ?

ok so you are saying that it's normal that 60 FPS 1440p resolution does not switch to HDR with HDR Timer ?

What settings are you using for resolution, exposure and HDR ?
Yes.
1440Р_30_HDR Incl. EV = -1/3
By the way, in firmware version 2.5 - as in the comments, there is no HDR auto function !!!

Thanks, just created a ticket with them. Can you confirm what firmware are you using ? I noticed in the older posts that people were using 60p day and 30p with HDR on using the HDR timer (by that time the HDR setting was called Auto), are you using this old firmware for your v119 V3 ?
At the moment, the latest firmware from offsite is installed. I have tried almost every firmware that Viofo has released, but I have never used 60fps.

Yes.
1440Р_30_HDR Incl. EV = -1/3
By the way, in firmware version 2.5 - as in the comments, there is no HDR auto function !!!

Look at the Paul Kolas' comment, he says v2.6, not 2.5. And he says he uses 1440p 60 FPS with HDR auto, so during the day he has 60 fps 1440p and during the night 1440p 30 fps, which is the best setup you can have for car plate readability.

P.S.
Look at this video, when I use 4k 30 FPS, HDR switches on automatically without issues

Look at the Paul Kolas' comment, he says v2.6, not 2.5. And he says he uses 1440p 60 FPS with HDR auto, so during the day he has 60 fps 1440p and during the night 1440p 30 fps, which is the best setup you can have for car plate readability.
Not sure if there is some communication issue or not, but the HDR timer should work as you say. The A119 Mini apparently had the same issue and it was fixed. If the A119V3 has not been fixed, I'm sure Viofo can fix it.

Maybe try V2.6T and see.

4k 30 FPS
So there is 30 fps, the resolution has nothing to do with it !!
I think that due to a pause in shooting, VIOFO will not do such a function.
Even on A139 where there is no pause when switching the HDR, this mode does not work either !!

Not sure if there is some communication issue or not, but the HDR timer should work as you say. The A119 Mini apparently had the same issue and it was fixed. If the A119V3 has not been fixed, I'm sure Viofo can fix it.

Maybe try V2.6T and see.
so HDR timer should move the resolution from 1440p 60 FPS to 1440p 30 FPS and set the HDR on right ? Because vvs49 says the opposite so I am confused

At the moment, the latest firmware from offsite is installed. I have tried almost every firmware that Viofo has released, but I have never used 60fps.
And Can I ask why not using 60 FPS ? Doesn't 60 FPS help during the day and improve the plate readability ?

FWA119V3_v2.6T build 20211203
Already have HDR auto!!
yeah and ? It was HDR auto and it was working the same as HDR Timer, it was just renamed from Auto to HDR Timer. And these people in the comments say that they used 60 FPS HDR off and 30 FPS HDR on with timer function with 2.6T, and you are claiming that this is not possible ? v2.6T was an older version, build from 2021, why would the latest 2.6 firmware which is from 2022 not have a feature that was working correctly on the test version?

Back