Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

thanks for the great review Mtz!

I assume it will only record in parking mode if an impact is detected?

Is it possible to set the camera to record on motion detection when it is parked? for example it starts record when someone walks in front of the parked car? (I understand it will probably need to remain powered on). is this possible? ignoring the battery drain for a moment.

thanks

Hi!
Your "assume" is wrong. ;)
In parking mode the camera will record events as shocks and/or motions.

enjoy,
Mtz

:)
Great news thanks, this will be useful for home security too as my car faces my house front door overnight.

I think all dashcams have this feature for parking mode, not only the Livue.

If you want to use your imagination regarding home security you can look at my wireless transmission thread.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
I think all dashcams have this feature for parking mode, not only the Livue.

If you want to use your imagination regarding home security you can look at my wireless transmission thread.

enjoy,
Mtz

very cool mate :)

another question, I have a satnav screen in my car which I have modified to allow standard video input, if I connect the Livue using the optional video output cable (do you know where I can buy this?) is it possible to play back previous recordings when the sd card is still in the camera? or is the video output just for live view of the output only? I guess it can only record to card and not play back from it?

I suppose I could carry a small media player in my car that can read videos from sd card, remove the sd card from Livue insert into media player and playback on my nav screen instead. (I don't have an android phone, only an iphone so I can't use that)

You can use any standard "AV 3.5mm Jack Plug to 3 RCA Adapter Cable Audio Video" with 4 pins. I found on a local store one for $2 and 90 degrees angled. "Standard" means the first pin to be ground. The others are not important and we need only the video connection.

It is not possible to play videos from any dashcam without display or which don't have some USB input. Only live streaming is available because of the video out connection. The video out connector can't be used to access the memory card just to stream the video as standard definition through to the RCA cable.

If you already have that media player is OK to try it, but if it have its own operating system is possible to not play the Livue video files. Here is a Livue LB100 sample. A PC or some Android device will play these files.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• 3.5mm Jack to RCA cable.jpg
    3.5mm Jack to RCA cable.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 317
If you will look at the first post of the thread you will see the answer at the
"Don't like" and "Software".

enjoy,
Mtz

I was thinking also to this option. But looking at your picture I don't think that is an antenna for GPS signal even in the product name is the GPS word. Maybe is for some GPS device which have radio for example and this antenna is for radio. The GPS antennas I saw are somethink like a rectangle shape.

From your picture seems only the connector is good because is standard 3.5mm jack with 4 pins.
But I don't know how is the GPS enabled in Livue:
- GPS chipset (module) inside the camera and antenna out (maybe passive GPS antenna?)
or
- GPS chipset (module) and antenna both out of the camera (maybe active GPS antenna?).

I am not good in electronics so I don't know if only looking to the PCB pictures from the first post we know how is the GPS implemented. Also I don't have experience with the GPS solutions used on dashcams.
But I inserted a 4 wired cable with a standard 3.5mm jack with 4 pins in the Livue camera and there is no power (Volts) of any pin. If there is no power I expect the external Livue GPS antenna to not have any chipset in it because if it have, it needs powered. Sorry if my supposition is wrong.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hey guys, can you give me some feedback about reliability so far?
Is the left corner out focus an isolated problem or happens in every copy?

I am torn between the LB100 and the DVR 207. The DVR is cheaper and has the monitor but he LB100 is smaller with better image.
I also appreciate any picture of the cam installed.

Thank you!!

Until now no other forum member reported any problem with the focus. After I will solve my focus problem next week, I will report back.
I hope some of them will post pictures about how they mounted the Livue. I have too many dashcams to keep all on my windshield. ;) But for sure the LB100 mount is smaller than the DVR207. If I have to choose now between DVR207 and LB100 it will be for sure the LB100.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you MTZ for the prompt reply!
I hope your get you cam fixed soon besides as far as I cold read so far you have better cams to play with as well :)
Take care!

Mtz said:
I was thinking also to this option. But looking at your picture I don't think that is an antenna for GPS signal even in the product name is the GPS word. Maybe is for some GPS device which have radio for example and this antenna is for radio. The GPS antennas I saw are somethink like a rectangle shape.

From your picture seems only the connector is good because is standard 3.5mm jack with 4 pins.
But I don't know how is the GPS enabled in Livue:
- GPS chipset (module) inside the camera and antenna out (maybe passive GPS antenna?)
or
- GPS chipset (module) and antenna both out of the camera (maybe active GPS antenna?).

I am not good in electronics so I don't know if only looking to the PCB pictures from the first post we know how is the GPS implemented. Also I don't have experience with the GPS solutions used on dashcams.
But I inserted a 4 wired cable with a standard 3.5mm jack with 4 pins in the Livue camera and there is no power (Volts) of any pin. If there is no power I expect the external Livue GPS antenna to not have any chipset in it because if it have, it needs powered. Sorry if my supposition is wrong.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks Mtz, I have ordered anyway as its only 2GBP... I don't think it will work but worth a try.. I guess if it was only a cheap GPS that livue provide they would include it in the standard package so its probably a block style like you say but they all have a different connector type... very strange. :cry:

I will post some feedback from my Livue which I'm expecting to arrive on Monday :cool:

I purchased a livue lb100 unit from the ebay seller lightnspace. it arrived in three days fedex priority since I paid the extra $5

after some initial tests i noted the following.

1. when i try to get into parking mode by hold the rec button for 3s, i get a voice prompt "parking recording will start" a second later i get another voice prompt "recording will be end" then my unit powers down. can't turn the unit back on again no matter how long i hold the record button. i have to unplug power to reboot.

2. winybbviewer crashes when i double click a video file. i know its recording because i can watch video on vlc player.

3. the unit i got has the old style mount, not the ball mount. is the ball mount exclusive to the gps mount?

4. video output does not display in the car navigation screen even though i switched to ntsc output.

overall, disappointed. any advice how i can resolve problems noted, or did i get a defective unit?

1. I think the problem is because the power is interrupted. Maybe your cable is jumping in the connector when you press the button. Drive normal without pressing that button and see if it shutting down again. If is OK try to hit or move a little the camera to see if the connection will be broken again.
2. maybe is a conflict with your PC. Try on another PC.
3. I don't know about this type of mount
4. I think your video cable is not OK. Did you read HERE? If your cable is OK try on another device (for example in your home, to your TV).

enjoy,
Mtz

thanks mtz. after spending a bit more time, i have a few of the issues resolved.

1. the camera was shutting off because the battery was getting below 11.8v and after 30s it turned off.

2. i installed the new winybbviewer and now the player works. i guess my unit with firmware V300HD V20121115_EN was not fully compatible with the old viewer. the good thing is that i can program the hours the power will go off with this new viewer. the user interface is also much cleaner

3. i asked the seller if he has any units with the new mount. the mount i have is pictured in the user manual which does not offer as much adjustability as the ball socket mount.

4. still working on the video out. i have a 3.5mm video cable but i don't have a 12v power supply near my tv test.

wingnut000 said:
2. i installed the new winybbviewer and now the player works. i guess my unit with firmware V300HD V20121115_EN was not fully compatible with the old viewer. the good thing is that i can program the hours the power will go off with this new viewer. the user interface is also much cleaner
Check if the camera is recognizing the New Viewer settings. Make this test: turn on the LED in Sofware and see if the camera will work with LEDs off. For me the New Viewer is not saving the correct settings, but only the old viewer.

enjoy,
Mtz

you are correct mtz,

the new viewer will not configure my unit correctly. it will make changes to the led settings, but the power off feature by hours and other settings will not be retained.

the old viewer also makes tries to make connection to the internet. since my security setting is high, it may be causing conflict.l

Back