Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Also you can use the Android WinyCam application and you will see it is working correct.
I am not inserting the MicroSD card in the smartphone, but in my PC. On the smartphone card I have a setup.cfg file and when I want to setup my camera I use that application and then transfer the file to my Livue SDCard.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is it possible to turn off the parking mode? I don't really need it, and I don't want the cam to drain my battery.

Thanks Mtz

You could wire it to a 12v ignition only power source so it only charges when ignition on?

Yes, Brungle have the correct answer.

enjoy,
Mtz

So if I understood it correctly, if I'll connect the dashcam to the cigarette lighter, than when I'll turn off the the engine, the power gets cut and the dashcam will turn off and not switch to parking mode?
And another question. From the manual "Normal Recording Time 30 seconds / 1 minute (default) / 2 minute. You can set recording time." Does that mean that the file duration could be set to 2 min?

bunget said:
So if I understood it correctly, if I'll connect the dashcam to the cigarette lighter, than when I'll turn off the the engine, the power gets cut and the dashcam will turn off and not switch to parking mode?
And another question. From the manual "Normal Recording Time 30 seconds / 1 minute (default) / 2 minute. You can set recording time." Does that mean that the file duration could be set to 2 min?

yes, no power, no parking mode

your understanding of recorded file duration is correct

jokiin said:
yes, no power, no parking mode

your understanding of recorded file duration is correct

Thank you. I'll order one today. The shipping went up to $7 today.

First time the camera was sent by FedEx.
Maybe after some bad experience from customers like me which are forced to pay some stupid customs only because using FedEx (or DHL or TNT), they switched to standard shipping which can be better for buyers from some countries because of no custom taxes or smaller.
Now I think they are back to FedEx only because they have some contract for good shipping price, something like: send 20 orders/day > price is better. So they are trying to hit the target.
At least the FedEx is very fast, under 7 days shipping and I think $7 is the cheapest best shipping available. For me is not a problem giving $7 to FedEx, but paying some stupid tax.

enjoy,
Mtz

I paid 99USD inc shipping to UK which came by fedex
purchased:20/03/13
received today: 25/03/2013

really fast service :D

can't wait to try it later.

I am curious if some user bought also the GPS module.

enjoy,
Mtz

$33 for the GPS module is a little steep IMO

Yes!
I think if it was about $15 more people will bought the GPS. But maybe that $33 price is for the normal camera price of $240 which is sold by another ebay seller.

enjoy,
Mtz

so the seller lightnspace got back to me today regarding the ball socket type mount. he claims he does not offer it. i ending up removing the two screws from the chunky "hollow box" that makes contact with the windshield and removed it. i don't know why the mount is so thick when it's hollow inside. maybe its to provide extra clearance for the lens that sticks out. anyways, now i have a more low profile flush mount.

mtz, where did you purchase your livue with the ball socket mount system?

Maybe I was the first which bought the Livue LB100 from the same seller as you and was some different batch.
If in the manual and on seller's site is the same mount your received, I think you should accept this.

The GPS mount have the GPS antenna inside it.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can you guys post a picture of the mount you got?

So it's identical to the mount in post #1. Doesn't look that bad.

Interesting that they raised the price to $107. Seems like when a camera starts getting popular prices start going up. Hopefully there are no more price increases.

modified mount

here is my modified mount. removed the two screws, filed down the tab on one side and added new piece of doublesided tape. much more low profile mount. I can install just underneath my rear view mirror.

I also removed the front face and sprayed it with plastidip rubber coating for a matt finish. no more glossy black finish, logo covered and silver lens barrel is all black too with vent holes still open. I can always peel the coating off in the future.

rWMHeID.jpg

Back