Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro+A139 pro, Vueroid D21 4K, Thinkware U3000,
Front 4K IMX 678 Sony STARVIS 2 image sensor
Rear 1080p IMX307 Sony STARVIS image sensor
ListSpecification
CameraCISFront - SONY Starvis 8M (IMX678) (3,840 x 2,160 @ 30fps)
Rear - SONY Starvis 2M (IMX307) (1920 x 1080 @ 30fps)
View AngleFront - (D)165° x (H)125° x (V)62°
Rear - (D)139° x (H)101° × (V)60°
LCDNo LCD
Memory CardMicro SD Card ( 16GB / 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB )
GPSBuilt-in Antenna
Wi-FiBuilt-in Wi-Fi
LED IndicatorsFront - Security & Status LED / Rear - Security LED
G-Sensor3-Axis Acceleration Sensor, +2g / -2g
SpeakerBuilt-in Speaker (Voice Guide)
MicrophoneBuilt-in Microphone
Recording ModeNormal / Event / Manual / Parking (Motion & Time Lapse & Sleep&Wake Up)
DimensionsFront - 114.0mm(W) x 65.0mm(H) x 37.0mm(D)
Rear - 52.0mm(W) x 29.0mm(H) x 42.0mm(D)
WeightFront - 93g / Rear - 28.0g
PowerInput DC 12V ~ 24V
Power ConsumptionMax. 4.0W (12V)
Operating Temp.-20°C ~ 70°C (-4°F ~ 158°F)
High Temp. Cut-offApproximate 70°C (158°F) / Battery Discharge Prevention

Last edited:
Parking Mode Test Energy Saving Mode(Impact Detection) Motion Detection, and Time Lapse
Thinkware U3000 vs Vueroid D21 4K

Tunnel Test / Highway Driving / Night time driving
Viofo A229 Pro(HDR) vs Viofo A139 Pro(HDR) vs Vantrue N4 Pro(HDR) vs Vueroid D21 4K (License plate capture mode)

Tunnel Test / Highway Driving / Night time driving
Viofo A229 Pro(HDR) vs Viofo A139 Pro(HDR) vs Thinkware U3000 vs Vueroid D21 4K (License plate capture mode)

Viofo A229 Pro (HDR) vs Vueroid D21 4K (license plate capture mode)

In first tunnel exit clip the A130pro dont do so well.
The night time drive the new cam are much darker, this could be a + if the reason is it use a faster exposure, well maybe not for totally dark CUZ even so a faster exposure might still be too slow for a plate capture.

But not complete garbage i would say, what is the price ratio if you go by the most expensive camera being 100 %

The night time drive the new cam are much darker, this could be a + if the reason is it use a faster exposure, well maybe not for totally dark CUZ even so a faster exposure might still be too slow for a plate capture.

But not complete garbage i would say, what is the price ratio if you go by the most expensive camera being 100 %
It will be very close to Viofo A229 Pro pricing. Slightly above.

Pricing Comparison
Thinkware 100%
Vueroid D21 4K 70% of U3000
Viofo A229 Pro 60% of U3000
Had some people analyze the night time footage of new D21 4K and most of them thought it performed the best even though it was darker. Which surprised me. Often times we are worried about the colors. These tests were done back in late november.

We have new tests that will be live very soon that were recorded in last week with
Blackvue DR970X plus vs Thinkware U3000 vs Viofo A229 pro vs Vueroid D21 4K (all with newest firmwares)

Also to add. I feel the A139 Pro was not optimally placed in my vehicle in that test. As i was trying to fit that and N4 Pro on windshield. Hence why i did not make them public on the channel.

hehe as a dashcam addict, you can easy find yourself in a hard place installing a new camera.
I never learned to take them out in time, so most i use for at least 6 months in my car.
And best of all for me / all of us, most times i dont find very much negative to write about, CUZ i do not care if a system is not top of the line performance, like for instance the N5 i test currently as it do not deploy HDR on that front starvis 2 sensor.

That,,,, okay that in the N5 annoy me a little, but i am sure i will get to try a,,,,,, could i call it fully utilized starvis 2 camera some day.
Until then the N5 is at the prime main camera position.

Thanks for the test videos and info!

They were showing off the D21 at SEMA a few months back. Some of the biggest things that caught my eye was their focus on AI (which I think was mostly for ADAS), as well as their focus on license plate captures, though they were kind of light on details about all that.

Are you able to test that out and see how it compares with other models? I wonder if its ADAS alerts will be more useful than what we get from the U3000, for example.

I like the design of the D21with one exception and that is the less than stealthy metal ring surrounding the lens bezel.

This reminded me of the once very popular DR32 dash cam back in the day that had a similar metal ring around the lens bezel that drew a lot of unwelcome attention to the camera after installation. A common mod that DCT members did back then was to dismantle the camera, paint the metal ring black and then put the camera back together after having stealthified it.

D21.jpg

dr32.jpg

VR speaking of AI ADAS in his video reminded me,
Denmark set to get a very potent computer for such things, in a operation between Nvidia, and Novo nordisk dropping like 900 mill DKkr and the Danish state another 100 mill Dkkr.
The computer will be named Gefion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gefjon

Now if just Novo Nordisk could come up with a cure for stupid.

O i forgot to say, if " enhanced "licence plate capture is just a feature for the front camera, well for Americans with often plates just in the rear of the car, at least for oncoming traffic not of much use then.

I’m so pleased we have another IMX678 with HDR dash cam in 2024.
How did this Korean brand implement HDR when BlackVue & Thinkware did not, (DR970X Plus & U3000).
Just for that they have my admiration.
Well done Vueroid.
I would love to test & compare it with a Viofo A229 Pro, (but I’ll pass).
Can you ask your Vueroid representative to start a DCT account so they can interact with us here?

1.) Does the D21 4K have Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz)?
2.) What Video Codec does the D21 4K use, (H.264 or H.265)?
3.) Does the D21 4K require use of proprietary software to view the recorded footage on the SD Card like the FineVu GX1000?
4.) Is this the correct website for the D21?
5.) When will the D21 4K be available for purchase on Amazon US?
6.) What is the processor / chipset for the D21 4K?
7.) Does Vueroid have approved / recommended SD Card brands?

Last edited:
Thanks for the test videos and info!

They were showing off the D21 at SEMA a few months back. Some of the biggest things that caught my eye was their focus on AI (which I think was mostly for ADAS), as well as their focus on license plate captures, though they were kind of light on details about all that.

Are you able to test that out and see how it compares with other models? I wonder if its ADAS alerts will be more useful than what we get from the U3000, for example.
It does well for picking up license plates. I will try and test out adas. That may be a seperate video. But definitely interesting to try out

I like the design of the D21with one exception and that is the less than stealthy metal ring surrounding the lens bezel.

This reminded me of the once very popular DR32 dash cam back in the day that had a similar metal ring around the lens bezel that drew a lot of unwelcome attention to the camera after installation. A common mod that DCT members did back then was to dismantle the camera, paint the metal ring black and then put the camera back together after having stealthified it.

View attachment 71432

View attachment 71433
It is actually not a bright chrome at all. very dull colour. I dont see it being a challenge at all. The U3000 ring is more chrome then the D21

O i forgot to say, if " enhanced "licence plate capture is just a feature for the front camera, well for Americans with often plates just in the rear of the car, at least for oncoming traffic not of much use then.
30 US states have a front license plate.

I’m so pleased we have another IMX678 with HDR dash cam in 2024.
How did this Korean brand implement HDR when BlackVue & Thinkware did not, (DR970X Plus & U3000).
Just for that they have my admiration.
Well done Vueroid.
I would love to test & compare it with a Viofo A229 Pro, (but I’ll pass).
Can you ask your Vueroid representative to start a DCT account so they can interact with us here?

1.) Does the D21 4K have Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz)?
3.) Does the D21 4K require use of proprietary software to view the recorded footage on the SD Card like the FineVu GX1000?
4.) Is this the correct website for the D21?
5.) When will the D21 4K be available for purchase on Amazon US?
6.) What is the processor / chipset for the D21 4K?
7.) Does Vueroid have approved / recommended SD Card brands?
1. Yes it has 2GHz and 5GHz wi-fi.
2. They use AVi files. However when downloading directly from smartphone app it is MP4
3. You can use a VLC media player to view video files on a desktop computer. i actually sent a video to @retrocarguy530 on how to view files for front and rear seperately with just a VLC media player. there is also a new 4K desktop version for Mac and windows being released very soon.
4.yes vueroid.com is correct
5. Not sure when it will be available on Amazon US. I know we will have stock late next week.
6. I can not remember but i believe it was same company as Blackvue uses. not same chip but same company. Will confirm.
7. Great question. I have been using a sandisk extreme pro in it with no issues for 4 months. We plan to offer a free Viofo SD card with each of them as those are high quality SD cards. Will see if they have a list.

2. They use AVi files. However when downloading directly from smartphone app it is MP4
I have this battle with you every 3 months. lol
Video Codec & Video Format are two different things.
H.264 codec is compatible with all computers.
H.265 codec is not compatible with “older” PC computers, and Chromebooks.
AVI & MP4 are video formats.
3. You can use a VLC media player to view video files on a desktop computer. i actually sent a video to @retrocarguy530 on how to view files for front and rear seperately with just a VLC media player. there is also a new 4K desktop version for Mac and windows being released very soon.
That’s not what I mean.
Can I take the SD Card out of the D21 4K, and insert it in my Chromebook and see the recorded footage?
When I did this with the FineVu GX1000 I could only access footage from the front camera, not the rear camera because you must to use FineVu’s proprietary software to access the rear camera footage.

Back