Viofo pre-production A119 Video samples (truck)

Here's an example of the glitch I'm experiencing once an hour or so.

It looks like an 18-20 second gap in the recordings.

gap.JPG

I usually notice when I hear the 'chirp chirp, chirp chirp, chirp chirp' and look at the cam. Screen is still active, but not recording, then a few seconds later it starts recording again. You'll see in the file screenshot the smaller file is when it shut down, subsequent file when started up again, and operated normally for a while.
In the four hours or so on that card it happened one other time, an hour or so later.

gap2.JPG

No short files on the mobius during this time which is running off of the same multi-port USB power supply.

I can try a different memory card in the A119.

The G Sensor has been off. Motion detection and all the other 'stuff' is turned off, also.
Just to eliminate the normal stuff, trying a different card. The one I was using was a Samsung EVO, now stuck a Lexar in.

OK, appeared to be the card. Working OK now, except for the 'format' prompt, which I couldn't manage to turn off a day ago. Will try again when I have time.

Yes, but it seems like I get the format prompt almost every time the A119 gets power.

I'm running the cam on an 'always on' power source, but usually end up unplugging it to access files. Unplug the USB cable from the power hub, plug it into my netbook.
I format my cams frequently, but don't need to do it multiple times a day. :)

Since the OEM mount didn't show up before I had to vanish for a month, I'm using a magnetic ball mount, which isn't really happy when you push buttons on the cam. (But works fine otherwise)
Will try to figure out if there is pattern to the format prompt thing. It may just be after I access the card.

if you do the format and don't remove the card at all do you get the prompt again, or only after the card has been out, accessed by your computer etc?

Due to black rubber floor covering, aging eyes, and usually black, tiny cards, I only pull the card to replace it. (Not to mention various air ducts on top of the dash)
:)
I usually access the card while its in the camera.

I just disconnected the power a few times to see if it's strictly a loss of power situation, let the REC led die out, (Actually takes a few seconds) reconnected the power.
No prompt.

This may only happen after accessing the card in the camera via the USB cable.

Just tried it, yes get the format prompt after accessing the card in the camera, then plugging the USB cable into the power hub.

Just tried it, yes get the format prompt after accessing the card in the camera, then plugging the USB cable into the power hub.
Apple or Windows PC?

If it's a PC are you 'ejecting' the camera/card before disconnecting the USB cable? It may be if you're not that Windows is not closing things out and you're corrupting the card.

if it's only happening after being accessed by another device I'd say that might be by design, others would be able to check and confirm that to be the case, actually I think it's good practice to prompt a format in this situation

Windows netbook thing. Yeah, probably have some bad habits. :confused:

if it's only happening after being accessed by another device I'd say that might be by design, others would be able to check and confirm that to be the case, actually I think it's good practice to prompt a format in this situation

That is exactly the case for me. If I take the card out and access the files by inserting it into my Macbook, just look at the files, not format the card, then reinsert it into the A119 it prompts me to format. If I then format in the camera and subsequently remove and reinsert power there is no further format warning. As @jokiin says I'm happy with this feature, it ensures a proper camera based format whenever the card has been removed and accessed by another device.

Same behavior here. Only get the format prompt after the card has been accessed by a Windows PC. Haven't tried it with Linux yet but I suspect it'll do the same.

Nope !
No prompts here ...
No a single prompt for a format ...
Maybe because I format the card after looking at the video files ( or saving video footage ) on the PC

Hi no prompts to format for me also and I did not format the card in the PC. I used the card as it came and no recording problems and did overwrote the data several times.

And you both are on the latest firmware? That is so odd that it does that for some of us and not others.

Same behavior here. Only get the format prompt after the card has been accessed by a Windows PC. Haven't tried it with Linux yet but I suspect it'll do the same.
I regularly have the cards from 3 different cameras (V1 GC, V2 GC and CF-100) out of the cameras and on a Windows PC. I never have a 'reformat' prompt on any camera - but I always 'Eject' the card before removing from the computer.

i always "safely remove" or "eject" before physically removing the card as well. i've only tried it on windows 10 so far... now i want to go grab the card and try it on my linux box.

Back