Vantrue Nexus 5 FIRMWARE

I installed a N5 yeaterday, it came with this for firmware.

N5 ship firmware.jpg

Yeah i saw that, will go for a short ride soon, and then upgrade when i get home.
There seem to be a on PC upgrade procedure published 06-29 i assume this is for the 06-26 released firmware

Firmware mod based on N5_VT-ECD201

Changelog:
1) Added once per minute monitoring of the chipset temperature to the file on the memory card T.txt. Create a file with this name in the root of the SD-card to start monitoring or delete this file if monitoring is not needed. Thermal monitoring use /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp as source of values in thermal zone (internal CPU sensor).
2) Increased bitrate for 2592x1944 30 fps and 2560x1440 30 fps - increased to 31200 Kbit/sec

Resolutions - bitrates table:
2592x1944 30fps - default value 15600 Kbit/sec increased to 31200 Kbit/sec
2560x1440 30 fps - default value 14000 Kbit/sec increased to 31200 Kbit/sec
1920x1080 30fps - default value 9600 Kbit/sec
1280x720 30fps - default value 3600 Kbit/sec

Download link

Last edited:
Ok, I have installed new mod firmware and at properties it says 12 000 Kbit. Something is wrong!
Second issue... Cabin camera it's purple l. I didn't have this problem with the latest official firmware.

Second issue... Cabin camera it's purple l. I didn't have this problem with the latest official firmware.
This is the firmware version for pre-production models.
Therefore, for those who have a serial number, it is not suitable, due to problems with the cabin camera. At the time of the release of the MOD firmware, this was unknown.

As @Karagandinez states official N5_VT-ECD201 firmware works with inverse connected IR filter - as it is was in preproduction units. So Mod FW was build for preproduction units. You may use it for production units but cabin camera will be purple.
About 12000 kbit/sec bitrate for front camera - it is not normal, could you please show bitrate info screen?

Reactions: gse
As @Karagandinez states official N5_VT-ECD201 firmware works with inverse connected IR filter - as it is was in preproduction units. So Mod FW was build for preproduction units. You may use it for production units but cabin camera will be purple.
About 12000 kbit/sec bitrate for front camera - it is not normal, could you please show bitrate info screen?
Ok, I don't have any registration number under the cam, so I i am a little bit confused.
I would reload the mod firmware and take a picture. After I saw that purple image I have switched to original one immediately.

Ok, I don't have any registration number under the cam, so I i am a little bit confused.
I would reload the mod firmware and take a picture. After I saw that purple image I have switched to original one immediately.
On this firmware everything works fine for you?
I have problems with it like this.
Only correctness needs to be checked on the street or on the balcony. The IR filter may not work properly in the room.
It probably depends on the lighting.

where can we find the originl FW ?

i'm a bit lost . is that the FW for the cams without serial number ? (which i have)

as vantrue asked me to test the camera, i prefer to stick with their official FW (at least for now)

right now i'm on the below version

issues are:
- purple interior
- constant card errors
- camera not making a sound when card error occurs (though this setting is on)
- no time stamp on the rear exterior camera

20230810_143214000_iOS.png

as vantrue asked me to test the camera, i prefer to stick with their official FW (at least for now)
Read this thread. I think it will be useful.
right now i'm on the below version

issues are:
- purple interior
- constant card errors
- camera not making a sound when card error occurs (though this setting is on)
- no time stamp on the rear exterior camera
You have problems with this firmware, but this does not mean that everyone will have these problems.

Back