Vantrue Nexus 5 FIRMWARE

Vantrue N5 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-12-05 17:43:54
  • Version: N5_VT-ECK141
Update Log

N5_VT-ECK141 (New)

1. 1. Fixed some bugs on GPS, audio recording and parking mode.
    2. Correct an error on the daylight saving time entry/exit times.
    3. Added a backup mechanism for voice activation.

Last edited:
OTA update still doesn't show the update...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-06-00-45-40-85_cafa11069ce93583350ad3f918829cce.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-06-00-45-40-85_cafa11069ce93583350ad3f918829cce.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6

Vantrue N5 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-12-05 17:43:54
  • Version: N5_VT-ECK141

RC06 Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-12-05 17:45:21
  • Version: RC06_ETH_VT-ECK301
Update Log
1. Fix some bugs.
The links contain files of old firmware. Yesterday I downloaded new firmware and have now updated my N5.
As a result of updating the firmware versions, the old ones remained.

The firmware files are fresh.

Just updated my N5 via the app.

firmware.jpg

Last edited:
Update Log

N5_VT-ECK141 (New)
1. Fixed some bugs on GPS, audio recording and parking mode.
2. Correct an error on the daylight saving time entry/exit times.
3. Added a backup mechanism for voice activation.

Ok, still no OTA update for me.
Another problem. I just noticed not only that I don't have the app updated also, but I can't update it.
In first picture it is saying that the app isn't available in my country and in the second picture that it won't work with my phone!!
Despite the fact that until now everything has worked, OTA update also.
I will update the cams by laptop but there must be some explanations.
@Jeff_Vantrue any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_171514.jpg
    IMG_20231207_171514.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20231207_171448.jpg
    IMG_20231207_171448.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 5
I updated F & R cameras today, i was not able to see this updates before i purged the buffer

Ok, still no OTA update for me.
Another problem. I just noticed not only that I don't have the app updated also, but I can't update it.
In first picture it is saying that the app isn't available in my country and in the second picture that it won't work with my phone!!
Despite the fact that until now everything has worked, OTA update also.
I will update the cams by laptop but there must be some explanations.
@Jeff_Vantrue any thoughts?

I have tried also to clear cache memory, many times. No success.
You need the latest version of the app because it did fix issues with Ota updates and a few left things, hence why it isn't working for you at the present time

Hopefully an APK floating around somewhere for it .

Yes my APP did also updatre / yesterday, or should i saw suddenly there was a warning on my phone with a "big " download that needed to be finished, so had to turn on my wifi.

The APP is V 1.0.35
Firmware are now.

fwv.jpg

Guys, I need help. I'm new here. I updated to N5_VT-ECK141 and I lost my voice control. It's set to to Standard but I don't see the icon on the screen. It also doesn't work. Please help.

Guys, I need help. I'm new here. I updated to N5_VT-ECK141 and I lost my voice control. It's set to to Standard but I don't see the icon on the screen. It also doesn't work. Please help.
Welcome.
Try resetting the DVR to factory settings through the menu.

Welcome.
Try resetting the DVR to factory settings through the menu.

I already did. I tried contacting Vantrue's support. They said their engineers are aware of what happened and they will fix it on the next firmware update next month. I tried to ask for a previous version of the firmware but they said reverting to the previous firmware will not help the voice control. I told them that I find that hard to believe because it was the new firmware that disabled voice control so it should be the old firmware that can enable it.

Then they sent me below. So I'm not sure if I'm right to believe them because I have not heard from anyone who updated to the N5_VT-ECK141 that lost voice control.
1703523072838.png

Try flashing the previous firmware version, it won't take long or be difficult.
Unfortunately, I can’t test this, since my N5 is installed in a friend’s car, and he went on a visit.

Hi. I already did that last night. But the voice control is still not working. I thought it was already a problem with the hardware. When I contacted support, I told them what happened and asked them for an older firmware. They said:

"I'm truly sorry that our engineer stated that even if the firmware is updated back to the old one, the voice control function cannot be restored. Our engineers will complete the next version of the firmware update as soon as possible. Thank you. Hope you have a merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Best regards,
Gloria
Vantrue Customer Service Team"

I didn't believe her and told her that it was the firmware that disabled voice control so it should be the older firmware that could enable it again. Then she said:

"Our engineers said it was a bug in the software that overwrote the activation code when re-upgrading. Thank you.

Best regards,
Gloria
Vantrue Customer Service Team"

Are you using the last firmware (N5_VT-ECK141)? Are your voice controls still working with the latest firmware?

Back