Viofo A129 Plus Duo does not power on/start in my car.

Before going to installer put the HK3 to 11.8V and test again.
You should not repeat us that you paid money for your install and it is only 3 weeks old. This info is not interesting for us but wasting our time to read unnecessary things which are not helping us to give you the best advice for you.

enjoy,
Mtz

Does seem to be an issue with the install. When you have them check things, make sure to find out which fuses or circuits were used, and how the taps were done. If neither you or them supplied an "add-a-fuse" they likely tapped a wire(s) with a "Scotch Lock" tap and it was the wrong size, installed wrong, or has worked itself loose.

Phil
I think they didn’t use any fuse at all and just used tapes to hardwire the kits to the circuits or whatever that is called? Isn’t it possible that they had no fuses in stock or they don’t have the right fuse for my installation? Should I go there again or buy myself the correct fuse on amazon and then go there for proper installation?

Before going to installer put the HK3 to 11.8V and test again.
You should not repeat us that you paid money for your install and it is only 3 weeks old. This info is not interesting for us but wasting our time to read unnecessary things which are not helping us to give you the best advice for you.

enjoy,
Mtz
I don’t know how to do the things you mentioned. Any video samples?

there's a small box on the hardwire cable where the power converter is, it has a slide switch, move it all the way to the left to select 11.8v setting
I don’t know what small box you mean and what and where the power converter is . Do you mean the one in this screenshot?

Attachments

• ED6A0ADD-045B-4628-8D98-C942913AA428.jpeg
    ED6A0ADD-045B-4628-8D98-C942913AA428.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 18
I did not
The picture is the cover for your fuse box, the little box referred to is part of the hardwire kit. It has 3 wires out of one end that go to the cars power supplies and the other end is the cable that goes to the dashcam.

I thought hardwirekit is hidden somewhere inside and can’t be seen except for this

Attachments

• 1115AB81-B453-4EDA-92A5-AA8BB179EAF4.jpeg
    1115AB81-B453-4EDA-92A5-AA8BB179EAF4.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 8
You need to open the fuse box and post a picture of the wiring inside.
The red wires above are called adafuse and help tap into an established connection in the car. The small yellow bit in the black socket is the fuse.
It does appear from all the comments and your responses that power from the hardwire kit is not coming through to the dashcam. It could be

Poor circuit connection
Fuse needs replacement
Car battery is too low to supply power. If I remember correctly you don't do a lot of running and that could lead to the car's 12 v battery in a low state.
Current draw is too much with rear cam included which is tripping the dashcam.
A wire was frayed during installation and the cold weather has triggered the failure.

You need a multimeter to check these things and check the car 12 V battery under stress. For all of these things the best advice has already been given and that is to return to installer and get them to check it out.
The other option is you need to upskill yourself and learn how to use a multi meter for which you will need to join a forum appropriate for it.
Good luck :)

Hi. I registered because like the others on this post we want to help you out, but you need to SHOW us where the installer tapped your fuses. So if you haven't already done so, starting from the screenshot you posted, open up the fuse box door and take a clear pic of the fuses currently being used. Also take a screenshot of the ground wire (That black wire that looks like a "C"). If the installer picked some random bolt to ground to or you touch the ground wire and it is easy to wiggle around, I'm not surprised you're getting these issues. This page should help you out: https://fuse-box.info/hyundai/hyundai-santa-fe-tm-2019-fuses-and-relays Scroll down to the fuse panel section and there's a diagram you can cross reference to see what fuses were tapped.

Thanks guys! I was able to schedule installation appointment at another bestbuy auto tech location tomorrow . Hopefully this time with another worker is able to fix the problem . I think this location will not charge me since I already paid for the installation at another bestbuy location. So when I go there , I tell the worker that camera is not the problem cos I tested with original charging cable using the cigarette lighter socket and camera powers on and records fine ?

Hi. I registered because like the others on this post we want to help you out, but you need to SHOW us where the installer tapped your fuses. So if you haven't already done so, starting from the screenshot you posted, open up the fuse box door and take a clear pic of the fuses currently being used. Also take a screenshot of the ground wire (That black wire that looks like a "C"). If the installer picked some random bolt to ground to or you touch the ground wire and it is easy to wiggle around, I'm not surprised you're getting these issues. This page should help you out: https://fuse-box.info/hyundai/hyundai-santa-fe-tm-2019-fuses-and-relays Scroll down to the fuse panel section and there's a diagram you can cross reference to see what fuses were tapped.
I will follow your guidance if somehow the appointment I have scheduled for tomorrow at another bestbuy auto tech location doesn’t work out.

I am at the location to fix the installation . What should I ask the guy when he calls me and says he is done ? Did you use fuse to the circuit?

check that it goes in and out of parking mode correctly, they may not have ever seen the model before so might not know a lot about it or how it's meant to function

Also check your iphone app view issue if possible. If you want just get him to read this thread :)

If you want just get him to read this thread :)
I agree, smithdean, either show them this thread or go through it and write down the questions people have asked you that you couldn’t answer then ask them those.

Back