Viofo A129 Plus Duo does not power on/start in my car.

Strangely the camera powered on and stayed on with both front and rear view footage . I turned the car off and on again and came tried to turn on but quickly turned off . So the same problem continues. Powers on but quickly goes off when I start the car. Yes I see two cables . One to the mount and one to the camera .

Attachments

• 1E4FB3A9-4AEF-4941-9078-D5263B7DE6D1.jpeg
    1E4FB3A9-4AEF-4941-9078-D5263B7DE6D1.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 4
Again: connect the HK3 power cable to the camera not to the mount. I already asked you this 2 times since saturday!

Never connect again 2 power cables to the camera!

Again: connect the HK3 power cable to the camera not to the mount. I already asked you this 2 times since saturday!

Never connect again 2 power cables to the camera!
Pics below of the mount and cable and the camera . Goes which to where? Thanks

Attachments

• 4D73BF51-14A7-4012-884A-96F6AC9215B4.jpeg
    4D73BF51-14A7-4012-884A-96F6AC9215B4.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 9122DEE9-BA48-46CE-BBA8-240F818F3BCB.jpeg
    9122DEE9-BA48-46CE-BBA8-240F818F3BCB.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 16
Just put the HK3 cable from the mount to the connector marked with USB letters.
Nothing else. And try if camera is working.

Yes powers on. What about the other cable ? To the mount or to the one that says rear on the camera?

Attachments

• 7D2E4E97-0268-4888-A8F8-982777D313FE.jpeg
    7D2E4E97-0268-4888-A8F8-982777D313FE.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 7
Looks like I shouldn’t insert any of the two cables to the mount. They should go to usb and rear ? Why there is a port on the mount itself

Attachments

• 4177D00D-EB0F-46BB-AA99-B8982DCA4907.jpeg
    4177D00D-EB0F-46BB-AA99-B8982DCA4907.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 1
Yes!
No cable is needed into the mount. It can work with both cables inserted into the camera.
Going to sleep. Bye!

Yes!
No cable is needed into the mount. It can work with both cables inserted into the camera.
Going to sleep. Bye!
Why there is a power port on the mount ? What is that for ? Anyway what a headache ! You guys solved the problem when even auto technicians couldn’t . Learning experience for me. Thanks

Its great your issue has been resolved. I don't have hardwire kit so cannot test it but it seems hardwire kit only works when plugged into dashcam directly, not the gps mount.
@smithdean is your gps working?

Its great your issue has been resolved. I don't have hardwire kit so cannot test it but it seems hardwire kit only works when plugged into dashcam directly, not the gps mount.
they do, perhaps his one doesn't though

@smithdean is your gps working?
What you mean GPS is working and how do I know this? I have them on in the settings. By the way what is the port on the mount for ? Looks like it was a mistake to insert one of the cable to the port on the mount ?

What is the user manual for?

In addition, it is necessary to look at which cable will enter and where the ends.

To avoid confusion, simply look at the cable end and at the end of the cable.

And I think the reason for the confusion is that he may have thought that this is because the hk3 tip and the "L" input of the rear camera cables coincide with each other.

However, unfortunately, it has become a habit for people to install without examining the user manual.

You guys solved the problem when even auto technicians couldn’t .
The solution was given on the second post of this thread. Bur you asked `what is the reason` instead of making the tests. So you lose a lot of time and maybe some money.
As people are telling you: Read the manual.

enjoy,
Mtz

What you mean GPS is working and how do I know this? I have them on in the settings. By the way what is the port on the mount for ? Looks like it was a mistake to insert one of the cable to the port on the mount ?
You can tell if the GPS is working by viewing a file- it should have the location coordinates visible as a letter followed by string of numbers and the numbers will change as you're car is moving. It can take a minute or two for the GPS to "lock" onto the satellites so view a file from mid-drive, not at start-up

There is some history involved with the power ports on these cams. When the mount was developed it was for a single-channel cam, so powering through the mount meant it was easier to remove the cam to protect against theft. There was already a power port on the cam and it was left intact rather then redesigning it. In the first version there were issues when powering through the mount so it was re-designed. When the 2-channel cam version came about, the rear cam had to be plugged into the front cam, reducing the benefit of putting power through the mount. Usually it worked OK with power going to the mount but it was soon discovered to be more reliable to have power going directly to the cam. So for all A119/A129 type cams, we recommend power be applied directly to the cam, not through the mount. The GPS in the mount will still receive power this way so nothing is lost.

Phil

If GPS is not working then on the bottom right of the LCD dashcam will appear this message: NO GPS

enjoy,
Mtz

If GPS is not working then on the bottom right of the LCD dashcam will appear this message: NO GPS

enjoy,
Mtz
Just started my car and here is the screenshot of the camera .. the screen shows NO GPS! What should I do now to have the GPS working ? I do have GPS turned on in the settings though.

Attachments

• 2D103E99-0A98-4ABD-B10B-FB1213939E86.jpeg
    2D103E99-0A98-4ABD-B10B-FB1213939E86.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This means your GPS mount is damaged 99%.
There is 1% chance that cables inside camera which are making the connection from the rear GPS connectors to camera PCB to be broken. The most easy situation for you now is to find somebody with A129 in your area and ask if you can test your dashcam to his mount and in this way you will find if the problem is the mount or cable inside camera.
If my message is not clear for you try to read it few times, or maybe somebody will explain to you using a better english.

enjoy,
Mtz

This means your GPS mount is damaged 99%.
There is 1% chance that cables inside camera which are making the connection from the rear GPS connectors to camera PCB to be broken. The most easy situation for you now is to find somebody with A129 in your area and ask if you can test your dashcam to his mount and in this way you will find if the problem is the mount or cable inside camera.
If my message is not clear for you try to read it few times, or maybe somebody will explain to you using a better english.

enjoy,
Mtz
I don’t have anyone around here with dashcams. The parking mode is working fine . Just no GPS. Here is the picture of the dashcam that shows the mount and the camera and you can see a port on the mount that is empty.

Attachments

• EAA6681E-D907-4B5D-83D8-F1399EFB45C0.jpeg
    EAA6681E-D907-4B5D-83D8-F1399EFB45C0.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 11
  • D854F551-8212-406F-8154-8EB7C8B7155B.jpeg
    D854F551-8212-406F-8154-8EB7C8B7155B.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 11
I don’t have anyone around here with dashcams. The parking mode is working fine . Just no GPS. Here is the picture of the dashcam that shows the mount and the camera and you can see a port on the mount that is empty.
Did you wait a few minutes after turning on for the camera to obtain a gps signal and was it somewhere with a view of the sky (not in a garage or anything)?

Did you wait a few minutes after turning on for the camera to obtain a gps signal and was it somewhere with a view of the sky (not in a garage or anything)?
Yes I did and I am not in indoor garage . Drove around on street and still says no gps. I believe that when it was first installed until few days ago , I think one of the cable was inserted to the port on the mount And the other one to the camera and everything was working fine . The gps , live view for front and both was all working fine . I didn’t test the parking mode at that time though ! After About 3 weeks of installation , suddenly the camera wouldn’t start when I turn the car on. You guys later told me i shouldn’t have inserted one of the cable to the mount and both cable should be inserted to the camera . I did that and everything is working but no more gps now. What should I do now? If I replace this with a new one , will this be another hardwire installation because I am removing the mount with a new one ?i is it now the camera or mount issue?

Last edited:
Back