Viofo A129 Plus Duo does not power on/start in my car.

check that it goes in and out of parking mode correctly, they may not have ever seen the model before so might not know a lot about it or how it's meant to function
They don’t have most dashcams we are talking about on this site including this. In and out of parking mode means ? I just filled out the paper and told him camera seems to be fine and issue is the installation . He just took my number and says he will call me when he is done . So I am waiting inside the main store

Use the setting button or the app on phone to see if I can switch on or off on parking mode ?
No, use the car key to switch parking mode off and on, and check for the parking mode icon on the camera LCD screen.

Use the setting button or the app on phone to see if I can switch on or off on parking mode ?
Parking mode - turn off the engine of your car and exit the vehicle. Is it still recording? Exiting parking mode - the dashcam should be able to record normally (no flashing light, camera doesn't die in 2 min) when you are on accessory or when the engine is on.

Get info/picture of the fuses being used.

Of course all this is moot if the tech finds and corrects the issue

No, use the car key to switch parking mode off and on, and check for the parking mode icon on the camera LCD screen.
Go to Settings and turn on the parking mode , then turn the car engine off and see if a parking mode light is seen on the camera ? Turn on car again and see if the the parking mode light is off? Thanks

Parking mode - turn off the engine of your car and exit the vehicle. Is it still recording? Exiting parking mode - the dashcam should be able to record normally (no flashing light, camera doesn't die in 2 min) when you are on accessory or when the engine is on.

Get info/picture of the fuses being used.

Of course all this is moot if the tech finds and corrects the issue
Okay. So I will ask him to show me the fuses that he used. He will show me and I will take a pic . What if he says he didn’t use fuse or that you don’t need a fuse?

The fuses are not so important right now. Important is that the camera to enter in Parking Mode when turning engine off and show on the LCD the walking man on the top left.
When starting the engine the camera LCD must show the car on the top left.

enjoy,
Mtz

Here is the update . The guy told me the issue is the mount on the windshield. He blames the mount . He says hardwire installation was properly done and when asked what fuse he or the first guy used he replied the hardwire installation was “internally fused “ and no external fuses was needed . He says installation was proper. He says try to get a replacement mount first. Now as you guys know I moved the mount from too right to middle of windshield after you guys told me it would not have rain coverage . This was done by the same guy 2 weeks ago. Could that have damaged the mount? If yes why I was able to use the camera for 2 weeks until 2 days ago? Thanks

Here us the update . The guy told me the issue is the mount on the windshield. He blames the mount . He says hardwire installation was properly done and when asked what fuse he or the first guy used he replied the hardwire installation was “internally fused “ and no external fuses was needed . He says installation was proper. He says try to get a replacement mount first. Now as you guys know I moved the mount from too right to middle of windshield after you guys told me it would not have rain coverage . This was done by the same guy 2 weeks ago. Could that have damaged the mount? If yes why I was able to use the camera for 2 weeks until 2 days ago? Thanks
Were you not connected to the mount with the 12v lighter adaptor and the camera work fine? If so ask him to show you how it’s the mount.

Were you not connected to the mount with the 12v lighter adaptor and the camera work fine? If so ask him to show you how it’s the mount. I tested like that 2 days ago

Attachments

• DDA88E91-1383-4C2F-B7E2-9E65BD0CF8C3.jpeg
    DDA88E91-1383-4C2F-B7E2-9E65BD0CF8C3.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 863805CE-B774-4EEF-A9FA-026788252268.jpeg
    863805CE-B774-4EEF-A9FA-026788252268.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 15
Also is “internally fused “ making any sense? He says no external fuse was needed or used when I asked if he used any fuse to installation .

The guy told me the issue is the mount on the windshield. He blames the mount
The first reply on this thread was from mine, on saturday:
Try this:
Connect the power cable to the camera not to the mount.

But you asked me if is „making any sense”.

enjoy,
Mtz

Just took a pic . How could it be mount problem when I tested with original car charger ? Or it is the other cable

Attachments

• 17F756D0-6E7B-474A-ADBE-4EA3526D5380.jpeg
    17F756D0-6E7B-474A-ADBE-4EA3526D5380.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 4
Connected to app and I can’t see the rear camera footage. I can see the front live view. Is it the cable for the rear camera that went bad?

Attachments

• 89935656-F10A-479B-8124-218A9F04C5D9.jpeg
    89935656-F10A-479B-8124-218A9F04C5D9.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 6
Why are you using 2 power cables???

enjoy,
Mtz

Why are you using 2 power cables???

enjoy,
Mtz
mine is the A129 Plus Duo with front and rear . The cable for rear is also connected to the front camera mount. I tested to see if it powers on when I use the car lighter charger. It powers on but I don’t have rear camera footage .

Very strange . I just restarted my car and the camera turned on while mounted without using the car cigarette lighter cable and records fine. The rear camera footage also came on.

Attachments

• E60D14F0-C962-4AB0-BC12-5F1BDB1CD7BD.jpeg
    E60D14F0-C962-4AB0-BC12-5F1BDB1CD7BD.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 6
In your picture there are 3 cables:
1 power cable into the mount + 1 power cable into the camera = 2 power cables!
1 video cable for rear camera.
1+1+1=3 Camera needs just 1 or 2 cables (1 for power + 1 for rear camera), but not 3!!!

Reactions: EGS
Looks like he unplugged the rear camera and plugged the USB power cable into the rear camera port. That would explain why he did not rear the rear camera signal.

Back