FoxOffer Dome G90 Dashcam Review - A7LA30, OV4689 CMOS

I have emailed Shenzhen DOME as I believe they are the manufacturers of this one - the signs all point to them to see if a newer firmware is available.

http://www.szdome.com/product-detail-56.html

@Fandy is there a newer firmware than r93MP available please for this or the Lingdu T268?

Last edited:
@Nikki can you help with a newer firmware either please?

Tagging notifications don't work :p

It was worth a try :D

I've emailed them and Fandy is on maternity so have tried a lady called Sophie too! It may get nowhere but we will see if they can help us move this forward at all :)

You should start messing with the "t" command. Could result in funny things :p
addr2func seems to be an interesting command, too.

Ah that's interesting - sounds like there are multiple versions out there in that case as mine is r93MP.

We're just trying to reassemble a firmware for it now!

@spytec you don't happen to have access to newer firmwares do you please?

In case anybody's interested:

Here is a video comparing the Mobius Regular Lens to the G90 during the day:

Looks much better than the Mobius. I think Mobius uses NT96650 so G90 is better at least from that video.

Thanks to @pinfi we know the Blackview BL950 is another selling name for this camera and the firmware is available on their website:
pinfi said:
here you can find firmware file for G90:
http://www.blackview.com.cn/support-download-3.html (BL950 = G90).

I haven't tried to upgrade my G90 yet (version in device SVN r93MP). I am waiting to get any information about changes in the new firmware
Current version available is r4396 which is dated April 30th vs the 25th which my G90 came with (r93MP).

I've tried and the firmware works fine, with the Blackview logos instead of the car on startup and shutdown.

Bit of a random pic!
2uqkq5g.jpg

I'v also updated the first post with alternative names for this camera:

Lingdu T268
Blackview BL950
Caska ???

At the end of the day you have to go through all the videos and footage and it's what you're happy with mate - if you just do daytime driving then a G1WH would be fine - for night time the G90 is definitely better. If you want GPS then you have to pay more again.

A G1WH is better than what you have now, and a G90 is better again.

If you watch one of Niko's videos here:

Basically you can see that the LS300W is better at night than the G1W - well the G90 is better again than the LS300W. Personally I'm a fan of detail and would love a dashcam that retrieves brilliant detail at night when you pause the frame.

The common view seems to be that all the A7 devices like this G90 and the Mini0803 are better at night - whether that's worth paying the extra money for is all down to your budget.

The G90 is also better at night than the GS6000 A7 device I had when WDR was turned off - with WDR turned on they were just a mess at night time.

My next cameras are going to be either an OV4689 with A7LA70d like the Marcus 4 or one of the new DOD LS460W type with the new Sony sensor as they have a lot of potential but are at least twice the price of the G90. I'm hoping a new Panorama device will come out with the new Sony sensor so I can get my hands on one of those!

At the end of the day you have to go through all the videos and footage and it's what you're happy with mate - if you just do daytime driving then a G1WH would be fine - for night time the G90 is definitely better. If you want GPS then you have to pay more again.

A G1WH is better than what you have now, and a G90 is better again.

If you watch one of Niko's videos here:

Basically you can see that the LS300W is better at night than the G1W - well the G90 is better again than the LS300W. Personally I'm a fan of detail and would love a dashcam that retrieves brilliant detail at night when you pause the frame.

The common view seems to be that all the A7 devices like this G90 and the Mini0803 are better at night - whether that's worth paying the extra money for is all down to your budget.

The G90 is also better at night than the GS6000 A7 device I had when WDR was turned off - with WDR turned on they were just a mess at night time.

My next cameras are going to be either an OV4689 with A7LA70d like the Marcus 4 or one of the new DOD LS460W type with the new Sony sensor as they have a lot of potential but are at least twice the price of the G90. I'm hoping a new Panorama device will come out with the new Sony sensor so I can get my hands on one of those!

Thanks for reply.
If I become impatient, I'll order G1WH or wait for another sale of the G90.

your psychic powers are amazing ;) this will be one to look out for I'm sure
Just guessing but hope so - still keeping an eye on what your GuardTrak stuff can do though mate as to be fair if anyone can make these things sing and provide a good feature set it's going to be someone like yourself!

Right just been out to get some footage at night with the Blackview firmware - I've got to admit it does seem to be slightly better at night with HDR on and I'd say it's the best dashcam I've currently got in my possession at night time right now!

I'd still say the Ambarella A7 based dashcams I've tested seem to look better in motion than in stills though - maybe it's an ISO thing.

See if you can spot the problem with this clip just taken.

YT:

Raw:
https://mega.co.nz/#!oBsnnJjT!2H1jSnwfqlrtHLIjp3OPfmgSoGdRurk-Iwp8MhtkVuA

Right just been out to get some footage at night with the Blackview firmware - I've got to admit it does seem to be slightly better at night with HDR on and I'd say it's the best dashcam I've currently got in my possession at night time right now!
I've just confirmed it's better with HDR on now with this new firmware via a comparison to a video from last week:

From firmware r93MP:

From firmware r4396:

A lot of the strange HDR artefacts are now gone - just look at oncoming car headlights and traffic lights to confirm this.

Settings wise they're identical between the two clips - just different firmware.

Pitch black is great too:

Last edited:
Back