Nextbase IQ

Just got a email notification with a countdown clock for the release of this on 31st October and a promise of a special early purchase offer.

Just watched the promotional video, looks very interesting.

Anyone considering this ?

It will have to be very special for me to ditch my 2 channel 622GW.

I've just posted a thread for the IQ AFTER searching for a Nextabase IQ thread and this did not come up !

Maybe someone will combine the two !!

Just checked it out and it looks very interesting! 3 channel, 4K front and 1440p interior and rear, built in radar, can track the speeds of other cars while moving, cloud capabilities, etc.

Their information online says that it was announced back at the start of 2022, so almost 2 years ago. However, it looks like it's been repeatedly delayed. It's now available for preorder from Nextbase and places like Best Buy.

They have a 1080p version, 2K, and 4K model. No word yet on which sensors they're using.

I'll be heading to SEMA next week and I'm sure Nextbase will be showing off the IQ so I'll definitely stop by to take a look at it and go over some of the features. It's pricey at $699, but assuming the execution has been done well, it's an incredibly feature-packed dashcam.

On a side-note, I wonder how their speed monitoring feature works. Does it transmit radar while driving? If so and it operates on K band (like the Thinkware U3000, though that only transmits while parked), it's likely gonna cause issues for radar detectors. Radar would be a more accurate way to do it and that's what it appears to be using based on the promo footage, but they may be doing a purely vision-based system instead. Something to ask when I'm there.

Last edited:
699, that is more than pricey for me.
The amount itself is doable just fine, but i dont think i would be happy paying that much for any dashcam

BUT ! the dashcam addict inside me will of course follow all news on this just like any other new system.

The fact the front unit s a 2 in one type already put a damper on my expectations as i cant really use that well in my car unless i mount very offset, or illegally low on the windscreen.
Also personally i have no need at all for a cabin camera, so would suck to have to pay for one to get the 2 other channels i would like.

Interesting and if it holds up reliably unlike their previous products, then may very well be worth the price.

1. Doesn't look very discreet (You actually want to have a cam mostly hidden) Viofo wedge shape is perfect for this.
2. Does it come with super capacitor or BS battery.
3. Warranty longer than 18 months?
4. What is support like
5. I sure as hell hope it doesn't light up fluro all the time..
6. Do they have LOCAL support
7. starvis 2?

I certainly would not pay that amount without a touch and feel in a store (Halfords in the UK). Also, as already mentioned, its been constantly delayed for a very long time, which to me indicates development issues.

So, I'm going to let other guinea pigs test this first and once the teething problems are ironed out, I may make the switch from my 622GW.

Well i have never been big on the " dangle from windscreen " cameras, even if they would fit just fine in front of my roof mounted mirror.
The N5 i am testing on its own it take up the room of 2 wedge cameras, and add a little to that as it sit a little back from the screen, and so at least to the lens side you need to space it out a bit more from the camera to the Right of it.
So for a addict systems like that are a bit troublesome.

As i have mentioned this already have some drawbacks to me, so it would have to deliver extraordinary image quality to be of interest to me.
So it will be business as usual, which mean me standing on the side line of life looking in and most often with amazement and trying to figure out what the hell the rest of the world is doing.

1. Doesn't look very discreet (You actually want to have a cam mostly hidden) Viofo wedge shape is perfect for this.
2. Does it come with super capacitor or BS battery.
3. Warranty longer than 18 months?
4. What is support like
5. I sure as hell hope it doesn't light up fluro all the time..
6. Do they have LOCAL support
7. starvis 2?
1. Truth
2. I'd say super capacitor at that price, surely
3. Lowest warranty period they can get away with, the snarky lot
4. Nextbase haven't been the best apparently
5. Disco disco
6. Who knows
7. Would be surprised if it was. Nextbase don't tend to name their sensors, I wonder why. If it's interpolated 4k, that's going to be the biggest scam going.

1. Truth
2. I'd say super capacitor at that price, surely
3. Lowest warranty period they can get away with, the snarky lot
4. Nextbase haven't been the best apparently
5. Disco disco
6. Who knows
7. Would be surprised if it was. Nextbase don't tend to name their sensors, I wonder why. If it's interpolated 4k, that's going to be the biggest scam going.
2. It's Nextbase, they only do batteries!
3. It's Nextbase, their warrantees last for slightly less time than their average battery life!

Their 380 was supercap. I really thought they'd changed but the series2 came out after ....... back to unreliable batteries

Okay then super easy to replace battery cap :)

Yes you did have the option to buy a battery pack for parking mode, which is what is shown in the images but I'm sure I was told by Nextbase the built in power was supercaps

As per the above images, the ability to click in and out the optional battery pack is what they should have done with the 2 series. Having to break in and desolder resolder is nonsense with a short life battery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394480960811

Last edited:
Aaaa so that way

2. It's Nextbase, they only do batteries!
3. It's Nextbase, their warrantees last for slightly less time than their average battery life!
So it's not going to be as big a **** storm as what Dride is, but I'm still gonna grab the popcorn and kick back!

Let me put it this way, if i get another camera to beat on, it will go in the place the dride 4K have in my car right now, i have no confidence that the dride will be sorted out anytime soon.
My only remaining interest here is, when we get the rear camera, will it be the same as the front camera is.

Let me put it this way, if i get another camera to beat on, it will go in the place the dride 4K have in my car right now, i have no confidence that the dride will be sorted out anytime soon.
My only remaining interest here is, when we get the rear camera, will it be the same as the front camera is.
Dride is a joke, had some interactions with their rep here and they were defensive and blaming the reviewers saying the reviewers were just ****ty with the company.

I think not.

As per the above images, the ability to click in and out the optional battery pack is what they should have done with the 2 series. Having to break in and desolder resolder is nonsense with a short life battery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394480960811
Yes, making the battery user replaceable would solve most of the problems, but that battery you linked to is 10x the cost of the parts, and that Toyota owner was also complaining that the screen had fallen off in the heat at the same time, so just making the battery replaceable is not enough!

If it wasn't for their batteries then they make some decent cameras.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cpo IQ 12
D IQ 36
Back